S> STA for BEST OFFER

Virec

Umm, you need to set a starting bid and an end date and time for Auctions.

Edited by Lemon

Well, I mean this is posted as sell and not auction, I think technically this is allowed, even if it is an almot semi-auction type setup. No different than someone having an item listed with -offer for the the price in a tradelist.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, TripleR said:

Well, I mean this is posted as sell and not auction, I think technically this is allowed, even if it is an almot semi-auction type setup. No different than someone having an item listed with -offer for the the price in a tradelist.

I agree 

Probably faster than it took you to type out this post.

Honestly I am not opposed to that. I am pretty sure I kicked up a fuss about something very similar with people posting sell topics that just said pm offer only. That said, and I am pretty sure it's not the case here because everyone knows the kind of prices these are going for, but what about when you are not sure of what you should sell something at? Often you can ask like several different people for a price check and get several different answers. I guess that's why I did my spread needle in an auction though haha 

That's simple, sell it at the price you think is convenient for you (and maybe others).
If someone said  50 pds and other said 75.. sell at 65 or something? or just do 75... if someone said is too high and you agree with him, lower it, the thing is...

Everybody will then do "S> to best offer" and have their non-ending auctions....
Btw isn't that , "best offer", what auctions are about?

• Like 1

On my point of view in an auction you are obligated to sell an item even if the offers aren't what you were expecting, you have a commitment to sell your item. You can't just go back and decide you don't want to sell your item for what was offered by bidders.

When you are expecting people to offer, lets say, "I expect to receive x ammount, but I'm not sure about the price" so I let people offer items, PDs/DTs that reach this x ammount of value for my item. Maybe I'm understanding this in a wrong way, but aren't we taking out the freedom of sellers to sell their items for an offer that they like and have an agreement?

"I'm selling a PGF (Seller thinks: I expect to receive 300 DTs). Offer...

Wants are: max Excalibur, Lindcray, Psycho Raven, PDs, DTs"

If someone PMs that person and say that he will buy your PGF for 300 DTs and someone else offers you items that are more than 300 DTs, would you honestly sell to the person that offered first or to the person who offered more? I doubt anyone but seller can have a control over that, others will say it is an "auction, he sold for the best offer"... But as the seller and owner of the item I think he have the right to choose the best offer right?

That's how I see auction vs selling for offers. Auctions you are obligated to sell for the best offer; the second not, you can make people offer and that doesn't mean the people will pay what you are expecting and also doesn't mean it is an auction, maybe seller is expecting an offer that call your attention...

I don't think we need more rules, sellers and buyers needs more consciousness when selling/buying items. Sinceretly I support freedom.

This is server is almost 9 years old and such rules weren't needed since then...

Edited by yanvbraz
  • Like 6

But isn't it the same thing?
The only different thing is not having an end date... 

Lets see with your example

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

"I'm selling a PGF (Seller thinks: I expect to receive 300 DTs). Offer...

Starting bid, 300 DTs.

someone PMs that person and say that he will buy your PGF for 300 DTs

First bid for starting bid.

someone else offers you items that are more than 300 DTs

Second bid.

I doubt anyone but seller can have a control over that, others will say it is an "auction, he sold for the best offer"... But as the seller and owner of the item I think he have the right to choose the best offer right?

Since there is not a direct relation between items and DTs, items and PDs or PDs and DTs... the previous "items that are more than 300 DTs" is subjective, and since the auctioneer is ... well the auctioneer, he decides what's the highest bid.

So basically... if you expect X, then do
S> thing for X
If you want the most, above X then do
A> thing, starting at X

dam this a for sale trade yall need to clean it,,if yo udont like what he doing bug off his page,,,

this is a forsale tread not a auction,,,so clean it up and leave it alone if you dont have nothing to offer

my first offer 

is 

glide .v00

chao mind mag

mg+

v801

adapter

that about it

cross finger

• Like 1

Personally i think its pretty easy to distinguish an auction and a selling post. In a selling post the seller could put an item up without a 'time' limit which allows him to see which offers he will get. In an auction, the seller has to put a time when the auction will end which gives him no choice but to accept the highest offer. Also, with an Auction you're also taking a higher risk as you do not know what the highest offer will be. You could get lower than what you expected or higher and  thats the whole point of an auction.

Edited by Shoutgu
  • Like 1