Do you care about finding items in PSO?

Do you care about finding items in PSO?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about finding items in PSO?

• Yes. I care about finding items.
    • No. I don't care about finding items.

may aswell toss my 2 cents in the ring even tho i dont really play PSO any more :3

i did care about finding items but more towards the end of my time playing i just started to not care about finding them cause one its boring as hell to "hunt" a item by just running the same thing over and over

two most gear i really wanted is cheap gear so i just buy it like gilde and honeycomb XP

Edited by Dashie IOW

i care more about people being fair with items and letting others have a chance to grab them when fighting is done and not have to worry about one player rushing right to the item while everyone else is still fighting

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

w8wQrU1.jpg

If you really think that the amount of fun someone has with various aspects of a video game is a matter of fact, rather than opinion, then please go ahead and explain it to a simpleton like me.

2 minutes ago, Midori said:

If you really think that the amount of fun someone has with various aspects of a video game is a matter of fact, rather than opinion, then please go ahead and explain it to a simpleton like me.

You're getting off topic Midori, we all know you dont argue actual facts.

31 minutes ago, Midori said:

Sure. Some people care or don't care more than others. There are all types of opinions and preferences out there on everything. So that also means that some people play PSO with their main drive being items. To them, finding items is very important and it's the main reason they play. They have fun by improving and becoming good at something. This kind of player exists.

You can judge them and say they are playing the game wrong or try to convince them that they would have more fun another way, but this kind of player does exist. That's all I'm trying to say.

And even if I was the only player on the server who felt this way, I would still exist. I have the opinion that PSO is a good game, even when I just play to improve my character. This isn't a popularity contest or a majority vote. People like me exist, and you should at least be able to understand that much. There is a difference between facts and opinions.

I didn't say anyone was doing things wrong, or that their form of fun was wrong, or that some part of the spectrum simply doesn't exist. I said 'fun' was a subjective thing and falls along a spectrum, and acknowledged all parts of the spectrum. I didn't say it was a popularity contest or a majority vote. I didn't say anything about facts vs opinions.

This is your second post already in the thread indirectly trying to strawman me and spout libel. I've been lenient so far, but I won't allow a third.

2 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

I didn't say anyone was doing things wrong, or that their form of fun was wrong, or that some part of the spectrum simply doesn't exist. I said 'fun' was a subjective thing and falls along a spectrum, and acknowledged all parts of the spectrum. I didn't say it was a popularity contest or a majority vote. I didn't say anything about facts vs opinions.

This is your second post already in the thread indirectly trying to strawman me and spout libel. I've been lenient so far, but I won't allow a third.

We agree that fun is subjective. That's good.

So you understand that I care very much about improving my character, and that finding items is important and fun to me? All I'm asking is that you acknowledge that. Feel free to judge me as much as you want for it. Just know that players with this kind of thinking actually exist.

Just now, Midori said:

We agree that fun is subjective. That's good.

So you understand that I care very much about improving my character, and that finding items is important and fun to me? All I'm asking is that you acknowledge that. Feel free to judge me as much as you want for it. Just know that players with this kind of thinking actually exist.

he does know that's why he literally said he was including the entire spectrum

he is not leaving anyone out at all infact what he is saying is that yes that is some peoples reasons but there are many other reasons for other people and that if you bring one up you should bring them all up instead of making it only about one like you are claiming he is doing.

saith has a different reason for playing just about every time he logs on, sometimes its for hunting his own things and other times its for fun and other times it for helping people who ask

there is no reason to try to start drama when he is simply just asking you the same thing you are asking him to do and broaden your view

• Like 1

I used to always play to hunt but now Its easier or more cost effective to wait till happy hour/ event so you can sell an exclusive item and just buy whatever you wanted in the first place. All those hours you would have spent trying to hunt something like guld mill (idk) are crossed out. So theres that. I think solo guy put it best.

2 hours ago, Berrymilk said:

I love making symbol chat arts and being silly in general.  I set my exp to 1 and refuse to hit bosses and instead, heal/support.

Items:

Truly.

I wish I'd done that, I got power leveled to 200 and now wish I hadn't been.

In regard to the items, I don't normally care.  There are a few items that I would like to have, but I care more about people respecting me when I ask for a drop than the actual drop.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cyane said:

reached the point i don't really care when playing with others D:

Only have like 1 item i really want atm 

I'm envious of you. This is actually one of the biggest reasons why I work so hard to finish perfecting my characters. I want to reach a point where I have every item I want, so I can play multiplayer and not mind getting less items. I can't fully enjoy multiplayer now because there is always a thought in the back of my head, reminding me that I could be making progress much faster from soloing.

If we are unable to get the GMs to fix the item balance between solo and multiplayer, it will suck, but at least on a personal level, I will have solved the problem by perfecting my characters. Since I am making money stupid fast, it should only take me a few more months to finish. In other words, PSO endgame to me, is multiplayer.