Do you care about finding items in PSO?

Do you care about finding items in PSO?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about finding items in PSO?

• Yes. I care about finding items.
    • No. I don't care about finding items.

i never chased too much after items, the friendships i made were the reason i got myself geared up to the point i don't need to worry more about fortune, i've parted ways with some of my friends and they left a part of them with me, i will keep their legacy until it comes my time to leave too.

Whatever i find in my hunts extra i try to transform it into something useful to use on events now, but i'm never actively searching the room for anything that shines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midori said:

I'm envious of you. This is actually one of the biggest reasons why I work so hard to finish perfecting my characters. I want to reach a point where I have every item I want, so I can play multiplayer and not mind getting less items. I can't fully enjoy multiplayer now because there is always a thought in the back of my head, reminding me that I could be making progress much faster from soloing.

If we are unable to get the GMs to fix the item balance between solo and multiplayer, it will suck, but at least on a personal level, I will have solved the problem by perfecting my characters. Since I am making money stupid fast, it should only take me a few more months to finish. In other words, PSO endgame to me, is multiplayer.

Not like you'd have much people wanting to play with you anyways given how selfish your play-style is.

Oh sorry, was I not supposed to mention that? Yeah see unlike everybody else here, I'm not afraid to be blunt.

You suck as a FO Midori. Plain and simple. If your end goal actually is multiplayer, then you might wanna get to work on actually acting like a FO instead of a HUcast with buffs and Resta.

And before you start to shift this off like I'm starting drama, this entire thread was created as a verbal assault on a singular person in order to boost your ego and condescending attitude towards that person and all others who have a similar opinion. Sorry (I'm really not), but you deserve this.

Edit: If this gets deleted or hidden, so be it. But you're not clever.

Edited by Auroboro
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

Not like you'd have much people wanting to play with you anyways given how selfish your play-style is.

Oh sorry, was I not supposed to mention that? Yeah see unlike everybody else here, I'm not afraid to be blunt.

You suck as a FO Midori. Plain and simple. If your end goal actually is multiplayer, then you might wanna get to work on actually acting like a FO instead of a HUcast with buffs and Resta.

And before you start to shift this off like I'm starting drama, this entire thread was created as a verbal assault on a singular person in order to boost your ego and condescending attitude towards that person and all others who have a similar opinion. Sorry (I'm really not), but you deserve this.

Edit: If this gets deleted or hidden, so be it. But you're not clever.

You don't know me. I don't think we have played together or talked much, so I don't see how you would anyway. When you say I play like a Hucast with buffs and resta, do you mean that I only do melee with my Force and rarely use techs? Maybe we did play together in CCA or TTF or something, where melee generally beats techs. And even then, I use both and switch during the quest.

When I do play multiplayer, I get along fine with people. The only time there could be a problem is if someone else causes a problem, and I call them out on it. Like if 3 players are waiting at a boss warp and the 4th player goes afk or something. Multiplayer is supposed to be about working together, helping each other, not slowing other people down.

This thread was made to help show someone that people who care about items actually exist.

Do you play Force too? I'd love to play with you sometime, so you can give me advice on areas I can improve on. I'm open minded so if I actually do suck, all you would have to do is explain why, and I can learn from it and stop sucking.

If I am wrong about anything or if there is a better way to do something, please tell me. This goes for everyone, not just you. I want to be right and I want to improve, so any help is appreciated.

48 minutes ago, Midori said:

You don't know me. I don't think we have played together or talked much, so I don't see how you would anyway. When you say I play like a Hucast with buffs and resta, do you mean that I only do melee with my Force and rarely use techs? Maybe we did play together in CCA or TTF or something, where melee generally beats techs. And even then, I use both and switch during the quest.

When I do play multiplayer, I get along fine with people. The only time there could be a problem is if someone else causes a problem, and I call them out on it. Like if 3 players are waiting at a boss warp and the 4th player goes afk or something. Multiplayer is supposed to be about working together, helping each other, not slowing other people down.

This thread was made to help show someone that people who care about items actually exist.

Do you play Force too? I'd love to play with you sometime, so you can give me advice on areas I can improve on. I'm open minded so if I actually do suck, all you would have to do is explain why, and I can learn from it and stop sucking.

If I am wrong about anything or if there is a better way to do something, please tell me. This goes for everyone, not just you. I want to be right and I want to improve, so any help is appreciated.

That's good you want to improve Midori, it's good you're not closed minded, I bet you watched videos on how not to be closed minded on things! Perhaps videos on how to be open minded!

When I said you play like a HUcast with buffs I meant to incline that you're selfish. HUcasts are naturally a selfish class because they cant heal others (other than using Star Atomizers) and they play for themselves. You have to expect this coming from a HUcast because they got nothing else to go off of. But you, you tell us you're a great Force main yet you do nothing that a Force is meant to do. Believe me, I'm all for different play-styles, and if your play-style was a battle mage that occasionally heals, that'd be one thing, but given how you don't even heal at all is another thing entirely. Casting RA techs is not what a Force is supposed to be doing; in case you didn't notice, a FOney's job primarily is to provide support to her team. That includes the following: Resta, Anti, Reverser (Or Moons for instant resurrection), Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure. Your job is to support your team, but all you do is cast RA techs and then heal only if you need it. You wont even shifta/deband if people beg you, the one thing you'd think to do regardless if people asked or not.

I've been playing FOnewm as my main for the past 10 years on this game, I am not saying I am the best FO ever, in fact, I'm probably very average, but I know how to support damn it. People dont invite Forces to deal DPS, they invite them to heal and support. If you need DPS, play a Ranger or a Hunter.

When you do play Multiplayer? I was under the assumption that you never play multiplayer because it doesn't allow you to farm materials as quickly!? I'm surprised; you must've sacrificed a ton of opportunities to obtain materials to play with people Midori.

This thread was made to chastise Saith for believing something different than you (even when he agreed with you on numerous occasions). Like, the very instant you made this extremely pointless thread Misombre immediately knew to ask why you created it. It's not some lucky guess, he saw through your crap. 

I hope you can eventually understand that your stance on solo versus multiplayer are just as valid as anybody else's around here Midori, I will not argue to say your opinion is not just as valid, but the issue lies in your inability to accept other people's PoV on the same issue. You say solo is favored, another person says Multiplayer is favored, you insult him, he gives you logical reasoning for his argument, you give childish assumptions and loaded questions, so much so that an entire PM group was started just so you would be able to discuss it in detail, yet you STILL could not do that without A.) Insulting the person you were arguing against repeatedly, and B.) Insulting the mediator that brought you there in the first place.

Some one please shut this stupid thread down before I blow a gasket. For weeks I've been reading and coming up with ways that I could try to understand where you're coming from Midori, I was the one, sitting around a group of people thinking of ways to maybe make sense of what you are saying, but it's the unfortunate truth that what you are saying is nothing but rude remarks and nonstop insults and flamatory remarks on some one's intelligence. You are the closed minded one because you could not even let a single second pass by in a fair and just argument without swinging your fists and blocking out every ounce of full blown proof tossed your way. You want a valid argument that's on topic Midori? You want some one to give you a fair, open minded analysis on whether Solo or Multiplayer is favored over the other with a closing statement to this pointless and incredibly insulting thread? Well here it is Midori, here's your argument:

-WARNING OFFENSIVE CONTENT INSIDE-

-_- cyane was here to remove swears oh cyane you're so mean! so savage wowzers

Deuces, I'm out.

Edited by cyane
no swears
  • Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

That's good you want to improve Midori, it's good you're not closed minded, I bet you watched videos on how not to be closed minded on things! Perhaps videos on how to be open minded!

When I said you play like a HUcast with buffs I meant to incline that you're selfish. HUcasts are naturally a selfish class because they cant heal others (other than using Star Atomizers) and they play for themselves. You have to expect this coming from a HUcast because they got nothing else to go off of. But you, you tell us you're a great Force main yet you do nothing that a Force is meant to do. Believe me, I'm all for different play-styles, and if your play-style was a battle mage that occasionally heals, that'd be one thing, but given how you don't even heal at all is another thing entirely. Casting RA techs is not what a Force is supposed to be doing; in case you didn't notice, a FOney's job primarily is to provide support to her team. That includes the following: Resta, Anti, Reverser (Or Moons for instant resurrection), Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure. Your job is to support your team, but all you do is cast RA techs and then heal only if you need it. You wont even shifta/deband if people beg you, the one thing you'd think to do regardless if people asked or not.

I've been playing FOnewm as my main for the past 10 years on this game, I am not saying I am the best FO ever, in fact, I'm probably very average, but I know how to support damn it. People dont invite Forces to deal DPS, they invite them to heal and support. If you need DPS, play a Ranger or a Hunter.

When you do play Multiplayer? I was under the assumption that you never play multiplayer because it doesn't allow you to farm materials as quickly!? I'm surprised; you must've sacrificed a ton of opportunities to obtain materials to play with people Midori.

This thread was made to chastise Saith for believing something different than you (even when he agreed with you on numerous occasions). Like, the very instant you made this extremely pointless thread Misombre immediately knew to ask why you created it. It's not some lucky guess, he saw through your crap. 

I hope you can eventually understand that your stance on solo versus multiplayer are just as valid as anybody else's around here Midori, I will not argue to say your opinion is not just as valid, but the issue lies in your inability to accept other people's PoV on the same issue. You say solo is favored, another person says Multiplayer is favored, you insult him, he gives you logical reasoning for his argument, you give childish assumptions and loaded questions, so much so that an entire PM group was started just so you would be able to discuss it in detail, yet you STILL could not do that without A.) Insulting the person you were arguing against repeatedly, and B.) Insulting the mediator that brought you there in the first place.

Some one please shut this stupid thread down before I blow a gasket. For weeks I've been reading and coming up with ways that I could try to understand where you're coming from Midori, I was the one, sitting around a group of people thinking of ways to maybe make sense of what you are saying, but it's the unfortunate truth that what you are saying is nothing but rude remarks and nonstop insults and flamatory remarks on some one's intelligence. You are the closed minded one because you could not even let a single second pass by in a fair and just argument without swinging your fists and blocking out every ounce of full blown proof tossed your way. You want a valid argument that's on topic Midori? You want some one to give you a fair, open minded analysis on whether Solo or Multiplayer is favored over the other with a closing statement to this pointless and incredibly insulting thread? Well here it is Midori, here's your argument:

Deuces, I'm out.

Mods, please don't get auroboro in trouble for anything he said. I'm not upset at all.

But yeah, you haven't played with me. I use support techs often. The only time I wouldn't use them is they are a waste to use. Sometimes I won't use Jellen and/or Zalure on weak enemies because it's slower than just killing them outright. You need to ask yourself why support techs are good. A truly good player would understand every tech and know when to use and when not to use them. If you can stunlock an enemy and kill him in 4 hits, what is the point of Jellen? The monster never even gets a chance to attack, so what is the point of reducing its attack power? I think a Force who does what is best to help the party clear the quest faster, is better than one who just mindlessly spams support techs, when they could be doing so much more to help out.

As for the solo vs multiplayer thing, I was trying to ask about items only, not comparing everything in general. I know that multiplayer is basically better for everything, except for items. Items is pretty much the one and only advantage for solo. I just wanted Saith to understand that. You are doing the same thing and making it a general comparison, instead of strictly comparing them for items.

Multiplayer is better for everything but items. Do you agree with this?

Edited by cyane
-.-