Should Larva implement PSO2 style drops along with classic style?

Should Larva Add PSO2 style drops along with Classic?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ultima server implement PSO2 style drops?

• Oh hell ya!! After all would be optional!!!
    • No Just keep it classic style drops only
    • I'm undecided
    • Vote This for the hell of it (Now just Soly)
    • Vote Doge!

The other server that has this system the DAR is

1P: 100% DAR
2P: 82% DAR
3P: 67% DAR
4P: 54% DAR

I have played on it and it is fine. I didnt notice no drop off in "rares" dropping lol. People who havent even tried it are making guesses on how it should be. I'm just really happy that this may actually go through. Remember people this is just an option when u make or join a game. Be happy that something new maybe implemented on Ultima and they trying to improve the server.

Again as I mentioned the benefit is to play as a group and dont have to worry about the ninja. If the believe is that it will benefit in to having more red boxes drop in the party then is the wrong believe. The system is 100% focused in that you can have fun with other members and still have a chance of a drop, but not that will have more chances or more drops. If what your looking is only for your personal benefit then more likely you will continue to run solo no matter what changes we do to the core game.

Still we will try to do the best balance we can, but everything has always a flaw.

But still I don't actually believe users will use the system. I strongly believe this is just to try to get things easier. But will see what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This new system imo is geared towards new players whom can struggle to get their own rares without it being ninja'd or given to them for instant gratification.

Old players will enjoy it for ninja reasons and also at a chance to hunt hard to hunt areas with complete strangers, boosting the rate in which friends are made.. most likely... it is like the ultimate meet and greet. Lol

• Like 1

I hope it's an optional thing to choose pso2 drops and normal drop system. I have no problem with ninjas because I only hunt with friends and play with certain groups of people because everyone else is greedy as hell.

It will.

So just to be clear, is it enabled or are there plans for it to be? I don't follow. Also will it notify with options ot disable from host?

I hope it's an optional thing to choose pso2 drops and normal drop system. I have no problem with ninjas because I only hunt with friends and play with certain groups of people because everyone else is greedy as hell.

See that attitude will get no new players here (the friends part). That was a large reason why i almost went to the other server, though I still can.

Edited by NicholasW

It will be up "soon" not exact date yet. But whenever is up we will post the details and yes it will be a optional thing the default will be the classic style.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

As it has been discussed before.

Here a summary:

It actually is in place right now, however only available for GM accounts since it doesn't have any reduction yet (at least we know is functional, or it should be).

The system will be opt-in, with a command like /dropstyle <n> where 0 = psobb, everything else = pso2.

Typing the command without a parameter would print what style is selected.

It will be printed upon joining a room too.

I haven't coded for boxes but shouldn't be a big deal... I doubt we'll be getting high value rares in boxes anytime soon :P.

Some background on what's going on currently.

I was working in porting the patch server to C#, then back to C when I saw the restructure I did was pretty good.

So I haven't spent time in the ship. And after we add this drop style stuff, mat resets and whatever I get before this change, I might not work in the ship until I rewrite it.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 2

I'm just one person but I want it so I can farm with strangers and not have to worry about racing to red boxes or "calling" drops beforehand and dealing with people stealing them. Right now I basically only solo, which is kinda bleh

• Like 2

I'm just one person but I want it so I can farm with strangers and not have to worry about racing to red boxes or "calling" drops beforehand and dealing with people stealing them. Right now I basically only solo, which is kinda bleh

exactly why we need this system

• Like 1

Hey Soly or anyone else that reads this. I was playing yesterday and noticed Rares made a noise when dropped. I'm not sure how long this has been in the system lol (maybe I havent noticed cuz i play with music) Anyone know how long rares been doing this for? Just wondering because this is one of the features I liked with the ps02 drop system.

It has been quite a few days/weeks.

Last maintenance I broke it because I didn't include the file in the updates but I fixed again not long ago.

Wow I'm surprised I didnt notice it before. I did delete some older files out of my psobb folder yesterday. ( I have been having issues where my game freezes/crashes when i join CCA games 90% time).

I don't think y'all understand what it actually means.
The ephinea dar rates of 100%, 82%, 67%, and 54% have been thrown around a lot in this thread.

If you decide to solo with multiple accounts, then you get massively increased chances to find the drop.

1P: 100% base chance of drop
2P: 157.276% chance of drop
3P: 187.834% chance of drop

4P: 199.125% chance of drop

That system is terrible for encouraging people to play and work together; instead it does the opposite and causes other problems alongside it.

If you do want to play multi with other people and work together to help everyone get the drop, the group has a significantly larger chance to find items, but then you can have issues where the item drops in the same players instance twice, forcing them to steal the banner. Or if the items don't have a banner, it becomes incredibly easy to deceive the other players, pretending to come along and help them find a specific drop, and then simply keep the items for yourself. If a player wants to hunt a certain drop, but wants to leave their room open for other randoms to join in, if the others joining in aren't specifically helping them find that drop and want the chance to claim that same drop themselves, letting them join will only hurt the player's chances of finding the drop. On top of that, it discourages playing the more difficult quests that require players to work together and would normally be better for hunting. Instead, it encourages soloing with multiple accounts to massively increase your chance of getting a drop; it increases the solo chances by a large margin, as instead of just having the base drop chance but being forced to do an easier to solo, less rewarding run, they simply need to log multiple people and walk them into the drop room to have even more increased chances than before (before would require running your multiple clients individually on those easier to solo, less rewarding runs all at the same time, which requires having gear on all of your chars, keeping all your chars alive and actively attacking and moving between rooms, instead of just having to send all your chars into the same room; i.e. it's a lot easier to walk all 4 clients into the falz warp and have 3 of them stand there doing nothing while dead, as you kill the boss with the 4th client, before reviving them all and reaping the increased rr reward chance, than it is to try to kill 2 falz in 2 different games at the same time).

It hurts players not trying to work together towards a drop, it causes more issues for players that are trying to work together for a drop, it facilitates deception and ninja-ing and removes encouragement of communication, it discourages playing the difficult but more rewarding quests, and it massively rewards players who solo with mulitple accounts. It does not help players play together without being punished for it (if you aren't specifically working together, it only hurts your individual chances of getting a drop), and the other argument of ninja-ing becomes an actual real possiblity (ninja-ing is a complete non-issue in the current system right now, if anyone is stupid enough to try they never get away with it).

By every conceivable reason I can think of it's a terrible thing. It hurts people who want to solo, it hurts people that want to multi with others and just worry about themselves without actually working together, it slightly benefits but mostly hurts people who want to multi with others and work together, and it is insanely broken for people who want to solo with mutliple accounts. And all this fuss is because some people are not adult enough to play with others in a multiplayer focused game without whining that it's unfair because working together inherently means making compromises (just as it does in real life).

If you guys want to have a system that doesn't favor people who solo, people who multi with others, or people who solo with multiple accounts, drops per player (dpp) isn't the thing you should be arguing for. The way to do that is with a multiple drops system(optional/opt-in); the rate of the item is proportionally decreased by the amount of players in the room, but when it does drop, it drops one for everybody i.e. instead of red ring being 1/57 with 1 player in room, it becomes 1/114 with 2 people, 1/171 with 3 people, or 1/228 with 4 people in the room, and when it drops, one of them drops for each person. Then it doesn't matter how you decide to play (solo, multi, solo w/ multiclient), it's always the same chance at item.

• Like 5