The PSO theories

Cyane

Ever wondered why rappies change depending on the zones they are in, and time to time you find an albino different colored rappy or a rappy in a costume for no reason.

This is a thread to start your darkest PSO theories and conspire against all creatures!

My first theory will be:

What class is red ring Rico on psobb?

From what i noticed, she's a human, not a newman, no spikey ears, she could be a HUmarl, but something doesn't feel right, her glasses can only be used on a Fomarl, FOmarl is still a human, also her earrings can be used by a wider range, but if it was the case, RAmarl (human class too) should be able to use her glasses.

What do you guys think D:? Is red ring Rico a HUmarl or a FOmarl or something else?

Also, she was a hunter, what section id would've she had? Her fav color was red after all. I would bet on redria!

Feel free to debate or shoot up new theories c:

• Like 1

What if she's a completely seperate class/type? And i wonder why Tyrell always sent hunters to look for Rico, his daughter. How come he couldn't look himself? Was he afraid of what he would find?

What if she's a completely seperate class/type? And i wonder why Tyrell always sent hunters to look for Rico, his daughter. How come he couldn't look himself? Was he afraid of what he would find?

I agree with HH. She has to be a different class that maybe only she can be. Maybe it's a class that combines different items that other classes can use.

She was also some sort of scientist/researcher, not sure if that adds to the mix, maybe researcher class? xD

Her father is a bit.. let's say not fit. If he eats more rappy wings he's surely going to roll down pioneer 2 D:

Edited by cyane
  • Like 1

I would say HUmarl as well. I really wish HUmarl was a playable class on this game! :o

on schthack we agreed that Rico was HUmarl and a lot of things point towards it as all red weapons can be used by HU class and i like to think she was sent down to ragol to try and find out what happen and get it under wraps before the news of pioneer 1 becomes wide spreed knowledge on pioneer 2 but she goes missing then Tyrell cant keep it under warps and sends hunters down to ragol and says its to find out what happen but its also to find out what happen to Rico

on schthack we agreed that Rico was HUmarl and a lot of things point towards it as all red weapons can be used by HU class and i like to think she was sent down to ragol to try and find out what happen and get it under wraps before the news of pioneer 1 becomes wide spreed knowledge on pioneer 2 but she goes missing then Tyrell cant keep it under warps and sends hunters down to ragol and says its to find out what happen but its also to find out what happen to Rico

I'm not so sure the red weapons are a good indicator, and Red Mechguns are actually ranger only. The red weapons all state they are "a prototype, so it's finish is incomplete." and they spell out Heathcliff with their engraved letters. I think Rico was said to be a student of Heathcliff Flowen, but other than the color red and the tenuous connection between Rico (a hunter and scientist) and Flowen (a military general), there really isn't much indication that Rico actually used any of the red weapons. Interestingly, the red handgun has it's letter "i" engraved on the barrel, while mechs slicer and partisan have it engraved on the grip and saber sword daggers engraved on the hilt.

Rico's actual items may give more concrete information though. There are Rico's Earrings and Rico's Glasses available in the game, "Earrings for women" and "Glasses with a red frame" which both state they "seem identical to the ones Rico was wearing" in their descriptions, in addition to the famous Red Ring from which she gets her name. What sort of information can we get from these items? Well, the Glasses and Earrings are a Whitill exclusive drop in the vanilla game (ultima has added some extra drops from falz on other ids), dropping only from Del-D and Chaos Bringers originally. Red Ring is also known to have it's best drop on Whitill, though it did not drop in vanilla as Dark Falz had a 0% DAR. Still, seems like good evidence pointing towards Red Ring Rico being a Whitill id. Also, RicoTyrell gives Whitill id for both Hunewearl and Ramarl, which probably doesn't count for much but is interesting to note.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought Rico was on Pioneer 1. It should also be noted that 'Hunter' can refer to HU or the set {HU, RA, FO} (which I think we all agreed on already).

Some info I found on some wiki somewhere, I'd take it with a grain of salt, but they are suppose to be quotes from the game. They seem to imply that neither Rico nor the citizenry are reliable narrators. Unfortunately most of the lore is found via talking to the people on Pioneer 2 or through Rico's capsule, which get progressively more desperate sounding (and less reliable imo) from Forest to Ruins. From the sound of it though, she was not planning on returning ever since Forest 1, which also begs the question if there was something to return to, or if she was the sole survivor. I don't remember ever hearing about a survivor other than the people on Gal Da Val (and they didn't last all that much longer).

1. "Did you know that Red Ring Rico was on board Pioneer 1. They asked her to go because she's a great scientist, but she's also a famous hunter. I believe that she can deal with any emergency situation, but that explosion was HUGE... - NPC on board Pioneer 2
  2. "What made the animals become so violent all of a sudden? They weren't before... There must be some cause. I'll find it. I know I'm a fool. This won't make me any richer. Perhaps that's why I'm exalted by them... Red Ring Rico, ha, ha. But I'm not really the great hunter citizens say I am. They needed a hero. And I just happened to fill that position. - Rico's message capsule in Forest 1
  3. "This capsule is for anyone who has come here looking for me. I hope this helps you. - Rico's message capsule in Forest 1
  4. "Perhaps no one will ever find this message and listen to it. Ever... Pioneer 2 will not come down when they discover that this planet is dangerous. Will somebody from Pioneer 2 still come to save us? Who knows? Regardless, I leave this message here. This is evidence of my existence. - Rico's message capsule in Ruins 2

Personally I think that Hunter ID's were created on Pioneer 2 due to the large number of Hunters that accompanied the ship. I think it would be more likely that the group of hunters on Pioneer 1 were too small to need IDs. From a practical standpoint IDs are used in game to vary the drops of monsters. I don't think they really fit 1:1 into the lore that way. Kind of like guildcard numbers. They seem to have the purpose of of a license, but were more likely put into the game just as a friend system and then altered later to try and fit the game's atmosphere.

Edited by Lemon

What are Girtablulus ? This has been bugging me for a while now o.o

Seriously, are they supposed to be a new lifeforms or are they a modification of another monster ? I would be interested to know from which monster are they coming from.

They used gi techniques (at least gibarta), are really fast to strike, and at the same time they cannot move (like plants).

Living in the deepest caves of the crater, with only one eye (or orb) cyclops style, crab claws for arms, those monsters are a big enigma to me. Even their name is something... Girtablulus... It says everything.

@edit : My bad, tru, I just used to call them like that in my head and ended up writing as I thought. Have you actually tried to say "Girtablulu", it's a hell weird to say &_&

Edited by Misombre

What are Girtablublus ? This has been bugging me for a while now o.o

Seriously, are they supposed to be a new lifeforms or are they a modification of another monster ? I would be interested to know from which monster are they coming from.

They used gi techniques (at least gibarta), are really fast to strike, and at the same time they cannot move (like plants).

Living in the deepest caves of the crater, with only one eye (or orb) cyclops style, crab claws for arms, those monsters are a big enigma to me. Even their name is something... Girtablublu... It says everything.

They're actually called Girtablulu not Girtablublu.

They're actually called Girtablulu not Girtablublu.

Either way it's funny to try to say.

I think they came from sand scorpions.

yea girta for short, or their full name giratblulauegbijbliajlgijgzycx8z6797zhczs3-+":<4sdfjha aka that which cannot be pronounced with the human tongue aka the thing that should not be.

I actually think are probably heavily mutated mericarol series, a very advanced stage of del virus mutation. The scythe arms are very much meri like, they do the same dance animations (for whatever that counts for), make similar noises, flower spit on non-ultimate causes shock, freeze and confusion, which sort of relates to gizonde, gibarta, not quite so much with foie but still. Instead of screaming they suck enemies towards them (maybe mutated a hole/flap in their back that lets them draw in massive amounts of air and expel it backwards?). The head still has 3 points that may have been the former petals, and there is also that bright spot in the center of what has some semblance of the old mouth.
The name Girtablulu does come from a mythical manscorpion beast (upper half man bottom half scorpion), and there may be some design influence (although it's difficult to see there does seem to be a bit of a tail like thing on it, the upper half is the pinkish-red and bottom half black, and the armblades are split like pincers but they come upwards out of the body instead of forwards out of it), so I don't know how much the name really matters. There's already precedence for creatures mutating heavily with del virus exposure, so I'm thinking scorpions were just an design inspiration and not an actual lore-significant aspect here.

• Like 3