Ultima's Official Price Guide

kajex

Yeah, when I looked at it about v101 prices, it was a bit shocking! 8-12 PDs? Wha...? PDs are so rare that I thought it will be worth 1-2... also God/units = Skyly/Purplenum + VH + Caves + rares on. And guide says... 1 PD each? THIS IS MADNESS!!! (100% reference) I recall buying a few of those (like 2-4) with 1 PD. If God/Units would've such prices I'd be swimming in money!

PD's aren't that uncommon of a drop. Once you start to play a lot and kill a lot of monsters, they will drop fairly often. It's possible to find anywhere from 4-12 in a week fairly easily if you play a lot and kill a lot. You can even see 5 drop in a single pts room.

The guide really isn't that outdated either. Minor tweaks can happen to it, but if it really needed major changes it would have been updated more promptly. The majority of it is fairly accurate, and it's just a guide and not a rule; things will fluctuate value based on events, rares, etc. but most of it is perfectly fine.

• Like 1

PD's aren't that uncommon of a drop. Once you start to play a lot and kill a lot of monsters, they will drop fairly often. It's possible to find anywhere from 4-12 in a week fairly easily if you play a lot and kill a lot. You can even see 5 drop in a single pts room.

The guide really isn't that outdated either. Minor tweaks can happen to it, but if it really needed major changes it would have been updated more promptly. The majority of it is fairly accurate, and it's just a guide and not a rule; things will fluctuate value based on events, rares, etc. but most of it is perfectly fine.

Maybe I'm just not lucky... I have 3 PD on stock and traded like 2 in the past. So maybe it is just me. Also when I ask anyone about the drop rate of PDs they say "it's random", now hold on a second, how can be something random have another layer of randomness? It just... doesn't make sense.

• 1 month later...

Maybe I'm just not lucky... I have 3 PD on stock and traded like 2 in the past. So maybe it is just me. Also when I ask anyone about the drop rate of PDs they say "it's random", now hold on a second, how can be something random have another layer of randomness? It just... doesn't make sense.

Not that much. Imagine you got 5 % to have a rare, 50 % nothing, 30 % dimates, and 15 % other.

Then if the odds fall on 'other', an other random may occur, where you would have 1% to get a photon drop (it is only an example).

Otherwise I would say that a random random thing would be something like 1 / (100~1000) by example. So you got a first random (from 100 to 1000) setting the maximum of the second random test. That way, sometime it will be 1/100, others 1/500 or 1/1000 anyway.

Hem, that aside, what is the price of an heaven striker coat (the mag cell I think) please ?

And it would be good to have the average price of high level disks, photon crystal, and other items who cannot goes in generic category. Thank you all folks =)

Edited by Misombre

Not that much. Imagine you got 5 % to have a rare, 50 % nothing, 30 % dimates, and 15 % other.

Then if the odds fall on 'other', an other random may occur, where you would have 1% to get a photon drop (it is only an example).

Otherwise I would say that a random random thing would be something like 1 / (100~1000) by example. So you got a first random (from 100 to 1000) setting the maximum of the second random test. That way, sometime it will be 1/100, others 1/500 or 1/1000 anyway.

Hem, that aside, what is the price of an heaven striker coat (the mag cell I think) please ?

And it would be good to have the average price of high level disks, photon crystal, and other items who cannot goes in generic category. Thank you all folks =)

I'm aware that it is possible to program more layers of RNG than one. Also Lv 30 disks are 1-3 PD I think, no idea about heaven striker coat tho...

I have like a hard time to believe that a Megid lvl 30 would only worth 3 pd. My experience on other server shows me that it was way more expensive, though I got no idea how easy it is over there to have lvl 30 disks. If it is not that hard, then I can understand a 3 pd. But you see, to me, 3 pd is for simple techniques, 5 for gi techs, and around 10 for ra techs. But supports, even lvl 30 would only worth 1 pd (I know we can get them pretty much easily, by experience). I even remember seeing disk lv 29 sold to 1 pd for attacks, and 5 pds for megid...

Again, I don;t know are the things around, that's why I'm asking *_*

I'm aware that it is possible to program more layers of RNG than one. Also Lv 30 disks are 1-3 PD I think, no idea about heaven striker coat tho...

Lv 30 techs are worth a lot, except s/d/j/z being like 3-5 pd and resta being 1-2 pd.

Heaven striker coat depends on the seller, 5 pd should be enough.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well price are always about what people are ready to pay for it, and how many people got it for sell.

The fewer the more expansive it will be, I guess everybody already know this kind of thing of course.

My point is : this price guide is something like a reasonable price based on drop rate imo.

So yeah, it doesn't reflect the actual price nor it will reflect any future prices because everything will

move constantly (event/HH/availability) and even the community will change.

So what is this price guide purpose supposed to be ?

Well, my best guess is that give you a rough idea of the value of each item in respect of each other.

I think at a certain point, we should stop asking around about some random price which would never

be accurate anyway (like it is even possible anyway).

Take this guide lightly, and keep an eye around to see what people expect of their commodity and

how much it is available.

There is nothing like "trusting the guide" or not, the guide is a tool.

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 1

Well price are always about what people are ready to pay for it, and how many people got it for sell.

The fewer the more expansive it will be, I guess everybody already know this kind of thing of course.

My point is : this price guide is something like a reasonable price based on drop rate imo.

So yeah, it doesn't reflect the actual price nor it will reflect any future prices because everything will

move constantly (event/HH/availability) and even the community will change.

So what is this price guide purpose supposed to be ?

Well, my best guess is that give you a rough idea of the value of each item in respect of each other.

I think at a certain point, we should stop asking around about some random price which would never

be accurate anyway (like it is even possible anyway).

Take this guide lightly, and keep an eye around to see what people expect of their commodity and

how much it is available.

There is nothing like "trusting the guide" or not, the guide is a tool.

Yep respect others prices (NOT) thats why u start trolling my topic when i tried sell my c/battle

But np i had some pms who actualy respected prices and willing too payed if they had it

Edited by Trefleex

Yep respect others prices (NOT) thats why u start trolling my topic when i tried sell my c/battle

But np i had some pms who actualy respected prices and willing too payed if they had it

Why are you here trying to cause drama in another thread entirely? It has nothing to do with "respecting" other's prices, they said "give you a rough idea of the value of each item in respect of each other", which is what your trade was not doing by asking for 4-5 times the value of the items in respect to each other (even your own misinformed opinion of charging 2 times the value is pretty questionable). If you actually "respected" other's prices, then you wouldn't be actively trying to rip people off when you know what others would be selling the same item for.

• Like 2

Just wanna say that I am sorry that you felt offended, Trefleex. Nobody tried to "troll" you, my offer was maybe not as much as you were looking for, but I was not gonna give you false hope either (I know my limit when it's about hunting), it was only an offer... I may have been sarcastic in my offtopic, because well it's in my nature I guess to point out unrealistic things, but I never intend to make you feel bad. You're in own right to ask for any price, but don't be surprise that people ask you for a little less =/ Just say "no am not interested' and that's it, end of the story.

• Like 1

Tbh all the hyped up prices for luck mats are to much 1 pd per a luck mat is a good price and he wasn't asking for to much he was just asking for a lot of an item with low availability, but if you paid a few people for 30 luck mats at 1:1 I think you'd find yourself at 250 luck materials rather quickly