No Warranties on Rollbacks?

kajex

To date, I have donated $166 to this server; $69 in January alone. Also, I am a sub-leader on two different teams and a generous, fair player who enjoys helping others. I think I contribute a lot in time and money to the help make this server a popular and positive online community.

So I have some questions:

1) Why does it take from December 11 to February 25 to get help while I watch other players get resolution within a couple of days? (My more recent ticket took from February 9 to February 23 for a rollback.)

2) Why am I told that an item which I have screenshots for cannot be warrantied in a rollback? (My demonic fork is still missing but I have been informed by Larva that it cannot be restored as there are "no warranties on rollbacks." ) Yet I have seen other players' items restored even after a rollback.

3) As a paying member of this community, I would like to know why I am being treated in this manner? If my money isn't helping me to keep my hard-earned items or paying for debugging the server, then why should I continue to donate, or play on this server, for that matter? I can't imagine putting in the many hours to earn items for myself, my team, and other members, only to have the frequent bugs and server crashes take it all away without hope of resolution.

I assume this server is kind of like a business and I feel that I am a faithful customer. I realize the GM(s) have other duties and appreciate their dedication to making this a fun gaming experience. However, if you would like me to continue to donate to your server, I respectfully request an explanation for this treatment and the return of my missing demonic fork. I know that I play many hours and you couldn't imagine that I would give it all up, but I am discouraged and considering quitting for good. It's just so frustrating to invest so much time and money only to lose things due to bugs and crashes without hope that they can be restored when I have documented evidence of what has been lost. I don't really expect special treatment, just fair treatment. On the other hand, if I am being ignored because I have somehow offended the GM(s), I would appreciate some honesty so that I can address those concerns.

• Like 1

yea i think anyone who donate should be treated more friendly and should get their things back especially when u have pictures thats what all the GMs wants .. i played with kajex a lot and he is a good player to this server and help new ppl also hes paying too keep it a live why is that ( coz he really like this server and pso ) so please larva and all the GMs i swear ppl like kajex not too many in this server no offense to all ,,

but that dude plays like 10 hours a day everytime i log in i find him in several times ..

as a player in ultima pso:

i know u GMs or MODs sometime r busy but this is ur server u should clean it from all the bugs ,, so plz i hope u guys fix that bug and concentrate maybe just 5 hours or maybe 1 day to fix the bank bug or d/c bug ..

Hmm, normally the topic should be closed after you posted your results. But as you can see we are flooded with rollback requests and bugs to solve. We try our best to help everyone but it happens that we forget a topic or specific request. As for Gm(s) having a grudge against you, I don't think that's the case. This server is not perfect, when signing up we clearly mention that we cannot guarantee stability. Also I'd like to add that all the donation money goes to the rent of the server and forum webhost. All the work and dedication GM's and Larva put in this give us no financial rewards. Most of our work is even behind the scenes.

Now for that demonic fork, it's strange that it didn't return with the rollback if it was with the other items in your inventory/bank at that time. I suggest you contact Larva once more about it, explaining shortly, but briefly every detail of the bug. If he gives his authorization a GM can refund you the demonic.

I understand your frustration, but we're humans and we all make mistakes. As for fixing bugs, we only have one or 2 people in the staff who have enough C programming knowledge to attempt to fix them. We fix bugs, but it takes much time and effort. (Remember the saberbug on every box/mob? Remember the Unsealing bugs?).

• Like 1

kaje D: im sorry i cant help you and you have been waiting for a couple of months to get a roll back :/ if im not mistaken there is only 1 mod atm and that is freedert who is not here soo larva is the only one and he is busy also. and to add in kajes defence this roll back has been due for months and dont gm's check what has to be done like who needs a roll back next and who actually has a roll back to be done im not trying to go against anyone here all im saying is maybe you should get someone just for rollbacks that has a lot of free time to help everyone who needs them out that would take stress off the gms so they can do other things to help the server and not just roll backs

Edited by Shade

Protoss does rollbacks too. I dont think the problem is the rollback, it's the items we lose after the rollback. I feel that Kajex deserves to be treated with more respect than the whole warrantied rollback thing since he is so helpful, nice and one of the people who make this server what it is IMO. Not to mention a donating member too.

ok about donation memebers they shouldnt be treated differently cause say if they had to choose between a person that doesnt donate and someone who does, are you saying they would choose the one that donates and not the one that doesnt donate no cause this is a fair server i think kaje deservres it just because he has been waiting for months

• Like 1

i know u GMs or MODs sometime r busy but this is ur server u should clean it from all the bugs ,, so plz i hope u guys fix that bug and concentrate maybe just 5 hours or maybe 1 day to fix the bank bug or d/c bug ..

Just to be clear, much more time has been put into solving this bug than you might think. The fact it remains just proves how difficult it is to fix. It also doesn't help that there is no known way to 100% reproduce the bug, so it is a little hard to trace what is happening that shouldn't be happening. If someone does know how to reproduce the bug, then they didn't officially report it, so that knowledge can't be used to fix this bug.

• Like 2

i know its hard choko and trust me i really thank u for all the work u guys did but i hate it to see ppl quit or be mad from these bugs .. and shade when i said donater i dont mean it in that way i ment it like he deserve a rollback faster than any other user or not ignore him u know ,, all ppl that have the reason for a rollback should get it and like u said he deserved it from waiting a long time ..

1 - first of all i did your rollback (even several times because -someone- forgot to move some "january files" to the "january folder")

3 - after i did all those rollbacks ( four of them ) i checked out your inventory and noticed your demonic fork was gone

4 - i told larva about it

5 - since larva was at work the day i did the rollback he did not reply back

6 - after i do a rollback im told i have to close the post, if larva says so, then i will return the remaining lost items to the subject who requested the rollback

7 - you may get your demonic fork back as soon as larva says so and if i can log in and give it back to you i will

9 - larva did not tell me anything about your demonic fork yet so i will just tell you once, be patient about it.

10 - you just noticed i removed the 2 from the list have you?

11 - you may checked up if the 2 was not really there.

Edited by Protoss
  • Like 2

I know I used to take care of the rollbacks and I would be now if I was not having some "bugs" of my own with doing rollbacks. I have been doing a lot of work to try and fix it so we could get rollbacks done faster (partially why I am not on much). Til I get it fixed, Protoss is the one mainly doing rollbacks right now. So I am sorry for the slow responses to rollbacks. >.<

But Chuk and Protoss are both right, we must wait for larva to say anything before they can make your Demonic Fork for you.

To date, I have donated $166 to this server; $69 in January alone. Also, I am a sub-leader on two different teams and a generous, fair player who enjoys helping others. I think I contribute a lot in time and money to the help make this server a popular and positive online community.

So I have some questions:

1) Why does it take from December 11 to February 25 to get help while I watch other players get resolution within a couple of days? (My more recent ticket took from February 9 to February 23 for a rollback.)

I understand your anger Kajex. and really we have invest many time in your bug. And it took us so long because of the flush command. the day that i gave you the flush was this friday right.?

well just one hour before is when we finish the code of the flush command. thats why i need to restart the ship to upload the new ship with the flush command working.

after that you toll me the demonic fork issue. And as we have said to other users before the rollback it's "as-is".

but i see your point and i agree with shade here.

ok about donation memebers they shouldnt be treated differently cause say if they had to choose between a person that doesnt donate and someone who does, are you saying they would choose the one that donates and not the one that doesnt donate no cause this is a fair server i think kaje deservres it just because he has been waiting for months

i agree here., and for the late and all the troubles we have gave to Kajex (wish we take the time to solve). He will receive his Demonik Fork with Dark 50%

thanks.

and after i deliver the item this topic will be close.

And yes. we will keep our policy of rollbacks are "as-is"

Edited by Larva

1 - first of all i did your rollback (even several times because -someone- forgot to move some "january files" to the "january folder")

3 - after i did all those rollbacks ( four of them ) i checked out your inventory and noticed your demonic fork was gone

4 - i told larva about it

5 - since larva was at work the day i did the rollback he did not reply back

6 - after i do a rollback im told i have to close the post, if larva says so, then i will return the remaining lost items to the subject who requested the rollback

7 - you may get your demonic fork back as soon as larva says so and if i can log in and give it back to you i will

9 - larva did not tell me anything about your demonic fork yet so i will just tell you once, be patient about it.

10 - you just noticed i removed the 2 from the list have you?

11 - you may checked up if the 2 was not really there.

Wow, i think this is the best post i never read on PSO ultima forums.

+100 Protoss like a genius.

• Like 1