Photon Blast Combinations Not Working 100% of the Time

kajex

This happens occasionally, but I wanted to get a screenshot of it for proof and to help diagnose the bug... Sometimes when people do photon blast combinations, one of the photon blasts will not work. This has happened to me a few times with terry and rampage, and once with zeph. See this picture (ignoring my wtf comment) and notice how only 2 photon blasts are counted? There are two labeled #1, yet we all used different photon blasts.

wtf.jpg

When our photon blast was completed, rampage did not receive shifta and deband. It was as if terry and I did a PB combination and rampage didn't.

If needed, this seems to happen most often in TTF right before falz in the short hallway before the boss teleporter. It's not a super important bug to fix, but it has happened to me several times in the past week.

• Like 1

Bad sync. Be sure to launch the PB at the same time, also

I think you need to be in the same room to make a PB chain, not sure bout that though.

I've come across the same issue right before falz. It's never anywhere else though..... Noticed Terry's in the party. Terry's always been in my party too. Maybe he's cursed as with the Lame D argent.

the thing is that you weren't on the same room maybe some1 was on the line where the room starts and the others were on the room, if some1 is on the line the game thinks he's on the last room

• Like 1

I have had the same issue before

On my screen it works properly but on the next persons it doesn't or vice versa. When it doesnt work properly for me, what I notice is, I come out of the PB screen and the other persons arms are in the air (PB is still going on their screen).

• Like 2

I have had the same issue before

On my screen it works properly but on the next persons it doesn't or vice versa. When it doesnt work properly for me, what I notice is, I come out of the PB screen and the other persons arms are in the air (PB is still going on their screen).

Yup

Bad sync. Be sure to launch the PB at the same time, also

I think you need to be in the same room to make a PB chain, not sure bout that though.

We all blew our photon blasts at exatly the same time, and from the same hallway. It wasn't a fluke, since this has happened multiple times.

the thing is that you weren't on the same room maybe some1 was on the line where the room starts and the others were on the room, if some1 is on the line the game thinks he's on the last room

We all were in the same hallway before falz, and I made sure we weren't on the line in the screenshot above. Unfortunately you can't see we weren't on the line. ;) If it happens again, I'll get a better screenshot of our positioning.

did rampage see the pbs go? The effect not it launching from your bar..

Rampage's PB didn't go off. Shortly after the screenshot, the "1" disappeared and rampage's photon blast never went off. None of us saw the animation, but all of us saw two #1s.

also make sure you're not pulling off the same PB if that helps...

As you can see in the screenshot, we all were using different photon blasts. (Lelia, pilla, and twins)

I have no idea what's causing this, but it keeps randomly happening. I figured someone this should be documented in case others are having the same issue. Very strange indeed.

Edited by kajex
  • Like 2

Zeph does have a point. 90% of the time I have this problem it is right before falz. Very rarely does this problem ever occur otherwise, and could be contributed to lag in those cases. Only about 1/3 of the time to photon blasts actually work correctly right before falz on TTF. I tried again last night with two people standing on top of one another (and playing from the same household, so I know we hit our photon blasts at exactly the same time) and it still doesn't work. I guess that hallway before falz is the "bug" I'm reporting.

• Like 1