an opinion

serverus

xD

Ok, make a poll out of this, of the following question :

If you had 3 characters, a HU, a RA and a FO, and you found 1 PGF. What item would you make?

- Dark Meteor

- Dark Flow

- Dark Bridge

Thumb me down if you like, but DB is really the worst choice.

The Pwand is better with it's RAfoie boost, even if it cuts out more health.

The megid being able to pierce is not that useful, if there are several monsters in a room, they're mostly not in one line. FOnewearls always posses that abillity and a demonic fork does the trick aswel.

The berserk special, not really a good idea on a Rod.

The only thing that could have a bit of use is the grants boost in certain situations, like battling the ep4 boss or girtablulu's. But yet again, it's only 10% more then a merc rod.

DM and DF are unique weapons that outclass any other weapons of the same type together with a totally unique special.

Edited by chuk
  • Like 3

True, i'd say the multiple grants boosts woudl make her the anti-zu, girtablublu, dorphon, Astark, detonator, Hildelt, Dark gunner, temple Lily, gran sorcerer, zol gibbon and mericarol killing machine. Maybe also the delbiters. Piercing megid less intersting i think but juicy in MAS and sometimes seabed and CCA. Plus as she owes to be invulnerable to statuses effects as the healer, she will carry the cure units anyway. Mercurius is good but this is of course even better. Plus as grants and megid are costy and fomarls doon't have a lot of TP the halved consumption is great. Also to cast resta it's best becasue of that. Sounds awesome.

Edited by shion255

If you ask me if I got a PGF I would make a DM. Yes I may already have a DF but in all honesty I think DM is better. DF can do a lot of dmg and fast and can wipe out a boss if you can stay at 12.5% hp and survive (which most you won't). I see a lot of rangers with DM who can wipe out a wave of enemies in seconds while with DF it takes slightly longer. Also DM against a boss is just murder. I've seen people in RT runs and sometimes the boss dies so fast other players don't have much of a chance to hit it. Don't get me wrong I love DF and DM, and I don't think they need any change. As they are powerful and should be since they are the best and so hard to get.

As for DB I think the megid pierce is good and so is the grantz boost. For a Fomarl this is amazing, alf TP cost is good too for any class I think. Bezerk does not do much good for it since all the Fo classes except fonewearl can use excalibur. And also Fonewearl already has megid pierce so they don't gain as much from it as other classes. I will admit I love the boosts for grantz because it makes it to where other classes can use grantz and have it be very powerful, more powerful then you would with a Merc rod, especially a Fonewm with Mothergarb+. I like the rest of what it does I just think that maybe the bezerk should be changed to something that the other classes can use. Fomar and Fonewearl don't get as much use from this weapon as Fomarl and Fonewm. But if your asking useful or useless? It is useful but compared to DM and DF it is still not worth the PGF unless you collect items like I do.

Thats just my opinion on things though.

Edited by Veriemas

Hablar solo de la bridge xD si bien es cierto la bridge es la mejor en una fomarl por su % de grantz mas el de la misma arma asi como tambien podriamos decir q la pw es la mejor para fonewm en fin si hablamos de cual elegir en el caso de tener un pgf es obvio q se eligira el arma la cual mas nos convenga segun el pj q hemos elegido xD pero decir q una es mejor q la otra eso no seria concreto ya q todas tienen lo suyo aki en ultima y es por esto q solo keda saber utilizarlas... (me gustan todas :))

Salu2

DM is really a best for me, DF is good but you can found other good sword (SJS, TJS, charge calibur, zanba, s-rank sword,etc...) DF is not required to have a strong hunter, and special is little annoying for PB combo :S

Dark bridge is for me useless, better you use mercurious rod (+30% grants!) and demonic fork

Also TP reducing is totaly useless too, really... is this not with this weapon you'll be a better force

DM will make the difference, but is not it a bit annoying to use in the long :onion-head49:

I prefer use srank weapon with ranger, is more fun, but is just my opinion (if they give me a dm I do not complain lol)

mmm dark bridge is really not that great i mean it can get you killed pretty easy being it can paralyze you and freeze you etc. dm and df are the way to go tho, many alternatives to substitute for the nightmare rod xD (it looks so scary)

• 5 months later...

The negative statuses happen very rarely to the wielder; you can play for dozens of minutes without one happening to you. Besides, only Paralysis, which is solved by a simple Sol Atomizer, is really annoying. The other two are nothing. Plus the HP cost is half what it is with the Psycho Wand, which means that it's perfectly manageable for any force.

You wanted a special that allowed you to speedrun RT? Like Gizonde+200% to make it as efficient as the DM and the DB? Cheers, you'll go with much less boring ways.

Even if you have a Bringer's Rifle and a lnk38, Grants is actually still useful due to its range and convenient aiming, as it makes killing faster in certain cases. Maybe that 10% boost will actually make a difference (not with Girtablublues though, a Slicer of Fanatic is better against that, nor with Epsilon since 3 Demon specials from, ideally, a bringer's rifle, will make even a non-boosted Grants fatal anyway). As for Megid, I assure you that even if it's rare, Megiding 3 aligned EP4 lizards feels good; and in the forest, there are cases when it's really the fastest way to kill. So for what some people said regarding the usefulness of piercing Megid, I completely disagree and beg to differ; some enemies WILL be aligned pretty often i certain areas. Try and you will see that Seabed, and CCA, Spaceship... a few other cases in the game... become much easier. Forces without piercing megid in Seabed will be annoyed, I speak from experience here (*authority argument inside*). No, really, piercing Megid is good and you might prefer to looks of the Dark Bridge to that of the Demonic Fork... and hate how hard Demonik is to find! And instead of having both Mercurius and Demonic in your inventory can be annoying and make weapon selection slower, whereas DB will take only one space. Even fonewearls will benefit from the upgrade thanks to the Grants boost.

That it cannot substitute your other weapons is good, because it means you'll still have to adapt regularly, so that part of the fun of the game won't be terminated. Killing too fast and having too easy a time invites boredom anyway.

Last but not least, Dark Bridge has a very unique appearence. Unlike DM and DB, it is an animated weapon, translucid, fearsome, classy... Appearences do matter. ;)

Edited by shion255

All what you said, still doesn't make up to chose a DB from the pgf.

If you want to instant-kill many enemies at once on a FO, use a S-rank slicer with hell on it (with V101, maxed ATA, a smartlink and a V502).

No TP cost, and it aims better. Only downside is its battle animation.

And demonic is still way eaiser to find than PGF lol.

Oh and about grants' perfect aiming, you really don't have much control about where your 'awesome grants attack' is going to land. It attacks the closest thing to you, which can even be a box. And if you think DB is actually useful the way it is now, I suggest you to borrow one and see for yourself.

And its looks, well tastes differ ;)

• Like 2

i completely agree with chuk, and his suggestion to put divine punishment in his other thread is spot-on. considering all other dark weapons have some sort of attack derived from olga, DB relys on zerking which isn't particularly good for all forces. especially considering how squishy fonewarls are, the zerking and restriction of only hitting 1 enemy spells disaster. i like the grants boost, but like chuk pointed out it's a loose canon that hits anything, in most cases not the enemy u wanna hit. (If you wanna zerk with a force, get an excal. Just an opinion :3) i would like the special attack of DB be changed to divine punishement as it's an attack Olga uses, AND it's MST-based, which means it's more practical for Forces. as anyone can see the dmg ranger use with divine punishement is borderline pathetic compared to the fear of over-powered dmg when olga uses it. XD

Here is my opinion on the DB, and I think most anyone who plays with me knows I have authority to talk about this weapon.

• Grants Boost

While good it only affects one tech when it comes to actual power boost. As opposed to PW for instance which powers up your Damage on three techs

• Megid Pierce

Second best attribute of the weapon. With megid piercing I have moved away from my Fonewearl towards Fomarl with little remorse. The natural pierce is fine, and having the pierce on the Weapon is better than pulling it off the armor (Cursed cloak)

• Zalure range

While under the range of the Glide it effectively reduces the need to have a Glide Divine. The main reasoin for glide = Inf. Jellen and Zalure range. Which is the important of those two spells? Zalure, everytime. The second is the resists that provide the Glide which the Bridge does not have.

• Berserk Special

Useless. Switching to an Excal or Slicer of Braveman is fast and does much more damage, much faster to multiple targets.

• TP reduction

Is cool, can kill you, but reduces costs which FOs really like.

• Status Effects

People use FTD on a regular basis so you can't really count this one.

Now what is the big issue with Dark Bridge? It still isn't worth a PGF. But can any force weapon justify a PGF? FOs have less atp than the other classes, less ata than the other classes, cannot equip swords, most partisians, double sabers etc. Forces are not necesarily a damage dealing class and soloing is much different with a Force than with any other class.

How to make this weapon into a PGF worth item?

I have 2 ideas (3 actually)

1. Make it into the ultimate Support item. Role together the Glide (Resists, Jellen, Zalure range), Tyrell's Parasol(Shifta, Deband, Resta, Anti Range), Mercurious rod (+grants), Demonik Fork (megid pierce), Adept Tp reduction, +50 defense from Rods, Prevent Paralysis (Sacred Cloth), Special = Lvl7 Anti
  2. Make it into the Ultimate FO destruction boomstick. Up Tech damage across the board 100% (realistically 40% - idea from Chuk), Combo enabled, Divine Punishment special w/o timer restriction (idea from RoboDan), Megid Pierce, TP reduction like PW, Included Heavenly/Technique (most people have lvl 25 Megid and lvl 29 techs so this would up damage), Some crazy boost to evade (defense gets you killed vs. Gryphon), Saber cast animation so you can techlock Volt-Opt easier.
  3. I will take all of it.

Why I do not think that this is going overboard:

With a DM, what other weapons do you REALLY need. Yeah you want a hell needle, or a zerk needle, but they are corner cases. Frozen shooter for like 2 enemies in an RT, LK38? I dunno. (melee weapons aside because we are comparing to other ranged)

With a DF what weapons do you really need? TJS to get rid of PB and some bosses, Braveman... to get your hp to 12% (ranged weapons aside cause we are comparing to melee)

The other dark weapons do what they do better than any other weapon for their class except for very specific, special weapons. Bridge Doesn't do Zalure as good as Glide, doesnt do TP reduction as good as PW, Status effects you, there is no reason to melee with it (even though i have 50hit just cause i can). So anything it does, other weapons do just as well if not better.

If I did not have a Bridge and had PGF I would be more interested to get one with the aforementioned abilities, because lets face it. Combo enables DF and DM are just unfair, overpowered, and AWESOME. Bridge.... looks really cool and has useful abilities?

Edited by sheldama
  • Like 1