Caverns of Gloom

orgodemir

NEW QUEST - Caverns of Gloom

Episode 1 Multiplayer Quest. 

This is the first quest I've ever made, so this topic will probably exist mostly for bug reports.

Something has happened in the Caves, and you have to solve the matter immediately. 

There is currently a bug in the quest that can prevent continuing the quest. 

In Caves 2, when you get to the room that is completely dark, and 2 doors open up allowing you to go North and South, the south door leads to a warp that is blocked off by a green laser fence. This room will lock itself back when someone runs near the switch for the lasers, and is unlocked again by killing some enemies that spawn at the same time. Currently, If someone runs into that room with the laser switch again after those enemies are killed, it will lock the door back and prevent continuing the quest. Do not run back into the room with the laser fence switch after you hit it once. You can also put a pipe in the room with the laser fence and warp when it is unlocked the first time.

I have fixed the issue and sent Soly an updated file. 

Spoiler

Nothing yet

Spoiler

No time limit. 

The timer does not stop until you talk to the quest giver at the end or when beating Falz.

The quest will take probably 40 minutes to 1 hour depending on the team. I solo'd in under an hour though, and 2p-4p should be much faster once everyone is familiar with the quest. And I've been told it's more like 1.5-2 hours, but that's probably just for people searching for secrets. It should not be that long. lol

Everything is 100% possible to solo, but for the last few (secret) areas, you'll need to be pretty strong to do so.

You don't get to return to P2 in between De Rol Le and the rest of the quest at first.

You will need to find all the secrets to get the secret area and 2nd ending. I'm sorry.

Spoiler

Grass Assassin:96

Poison Lily:198

Nano Dragon:105

Evil Shark:166

Pal Shark:150

Guil Shark:140

Pofuilly Slime:91

Pan Arms:73

De Rol Le:1

Dark Falz:1

And if you don't get through to the "secret area" you'll miss around 1/4 of these enemies. 

Spoiler

Normal : 5000/50000 meseta, 1pd

Hard : 10000/100000 meseta, 1pd

Very hard : 15000/150000 meseta, 1pd

Ultimate : 20000/200000 meseta, 4pd

There are 2 quest endings which will determine which meseta reward you get, and all the pds are in set boxes, so like other quests that have set pds, you may not get them 100% of the time. 

There is another small meseta reward somewhere. 

Spoiler

Fixed positioning on 2 warps that weren't able to be used.

Removed the meseta cost from NPC dialogue as it didn't always seem to work right.

Shield shouldn't be unequipped after De Rol Le until you walk through the door.

Changed some dialogue to make things more consistent.

Reworked the laser room so there aren't weird collision issues. It's totally different now.

Repositioned one spawn in Caves 3.

Removed damage at start of Falz fight.

I unnerfed Gush slighty at Falz 3rd form.

Added some more dialogue, npcs, etc. to the good ending so it's just a bit more different.

Timer now will stop when you beat Falz or when you talk to the quest giver after beating De Rol Le. (If between bosses, you get a choice. If you stop it, the timer will be gone for the rest of the quest after you take a warp. Because at that point the quest is counted as cleared, but it is now possible to do more stuff at this point.)

Fixed some issues with the Normal mode Falz fight. (Because there is no last form, some stuff didn't happen correctly.)

Probably added a bunch of bugs too.

Edited by orgodemir
  • Like 15

Solo'd it in 45ish minutes, pretty interesting. Couldn't get the secret ending though, so could be another 10-15 minutes of gameplay.

The long quest is in-deed long; especially when you're hugging corners to see if you have placed hidden doors etc lol... I botched up on the last question, so I didn't advance further, nor was I able to go back to 'Solid Snake' in the box lol.

Felt disappointed but I'm eager to try it again whenever to get the better ending lol. 

Overall, the quest was a bit too long (dragged on some parts), but it is good and varied! It felt a bit like Sega'style quests; with the number of monsters per spawn and type, whilst it was nice with the traps, fences and some few tricks to be aware of. I got killed by that squasher-thingy (not sure if it was a 1 OHKO since health was low lol), but that was funny. 

Good with the rewards and I guess on normal with unlocking weapons and units, it'll be decent. Found no bugs or anything which was good. I think doing it with a team would be much more enjoyable and adventure worthy. Great job overall especially for your first quest?

Edited by Junsui
  • Like 2

So it's out now?  I can't wait to run it with my actual characters! (Not looking forward to the end though)

I really liked that lily placement in the lava room in caves 1 :D

I think I got most of the secrets. Didn't find falz though D: will try again later.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

I heard these monsters retreat bids after battling with others, but I could be wrong. Probably they just drop items/meseta as usual.

On a side note, I'll give a try on this quest Saturday.

or maybe there butt hurt and might not drop anything

11 hours ago, thelionorion said:

I think you have to talk to the computers in cave 2 (?) in the right order to get all the spawns and stuff. I'm pretty sure I got two of the other secrets.

This is not correct. I'll probably end up explaining exactly how this part works later, but it has nothing to do with the order.

8 hours ago, Junsui said:

The long quest is in-deed long; especially when you're hugging corners to see if you have placed hidden doors etc lol... I botched up on the last question, so I didn't advance further, nor was I able to go back to 'Solid Snake' in the box lol.

Felt disappointed but I'm eager to try it again whenever to get the better ending lol. 

Overall, the quest was a bit too long (dragged on some parts), but it is good and varied! It felt a bit like Sega'style quests; with the number of monsters per spawn and type, whilst it was nice with the traps, fences and some few tricks to be aware of. I got killed by that squasher-thingy (not sure if it was a 1 OHKO since health was low lol), but that was funny. 

Good with the rewards and I guess on normal with unlocking weapons and units, it'll be decent. Found no bugs or anything which was good. I think doing it with a team would be much more enjoyable and adventure worthy. Great job overall especially for your first quest?

Everyone in the party gets 2 chances at the questions. So even if you missed something, with more people and a little teamwork, you have a good chance at getting through to the end. And the smashing pillar isn't a ohko, but I don't remember exactly how much damage it does. Around 1000 or so I think. And yeah, with a team, a lot of the running around parts can be avoided. Thank you for the feedback!

7 hours ago, Kraven202 said:

i got the secret ending on my first try ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

You don't count, though. :P

6 hours ago, JanenbaDMS said:

I just got Irene'd D:

I can't believe you managed to get Irene'd. xD

2 hours ago, Lemon said:

So it's out now?  I can't wait to run it with my actual characters! (Not looking forward to the end though)

Yes, it is out. The end is what I said "I'm sorry" about.

2 hours ago, JanenbaDMS said:

I really liked that lily placement in the lava room in caves 1 :D

I think I got most of the secrets. Didn't find falz though D: will try again later.

I wanted it to be a rare lilly, but couldn't figure that out. :(

1 hour ago, Champione said:

does this missions monsters drop items or is it for exp/mesta

There are item drops.

does this missions monsters drop items or is it for exp/mesta

I did my first run on v hard because I'm a wuss. Got a 45 hit Bloody Art out of it though so all good [emoji14]