Ogg request thread

Cyane

Done.

I decided for the future that instead of preemptively naming the files like I did for your previous request, I will let users rename the files themselves, so that if someone requests a song for an area I've already done before, the filenames aren't identical on my mediafire. Thus, this file is named Custom_Robo_Our_Depature_Looped.ogg (hey the youtube vid is the one that misspelled departure, I just added the _Looped onto it).

The spaceship music is slbgm_space.ogg so just rename the file to that and drop it in your C:/Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst/data/ogg folder

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bqeriqupd4bcd4g/Custom_Robo_Our_Depature_Looped.ogg

thanks Fyre, I didn't even notice it said Depature until you said something about it lol.

• 2 weeks later...

For The Ruins and I have one more I'll edit in as soon as I find it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mz399f556b16s22/Star_Wars_KOTOR_Music-_Aboard_the_Star_Forge_Looped.ogg

Rename the file to slbgm_ancient.ogg and drop into the C:/Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst/data/ogg folder. (note: slbgm_ancient is ruins, do not name it to slbgm_ruin because that is VR temple). Enjoy!

Question :

Is there a simple way to have the game play only the "active version" of level themes ?

I mean the variation played when there are monsters in your room or when you play multiplayer offline GC ...

Because I hate when the song is messing up due to quick monster waves as it takes time to switch ...

Plus there are many levels where I like only the battle version (Mines, Ruins, Spaceship, and mostly Seabed).

I did it years ago with Audacity for Spaceship but it was quite complex, I needed to download the song on youtube so neither the volume nor the loop point was well adjusted thus it took some time and wasn't perfect :/

Anyone can do magic with this?

Done. Rename the file to the area you wish it to play and put it in the C:/Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst/data/ogg folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/717gg1qtibsitin/Ys_Heavens_Sanctuary_OST_JDK_Band_Edition_-_First_Step_Towards_Wars_Looped.ogg

Question :

Is there a simple way to have the game play only the "active version" of level themes ?

I mean the variation played when there are monsters in your room or when you play multiplayer offline GC ...

Because I hate when the song is messing up due to quick monster waves as it takes time to switch ...

Plus there are many levels where I like only the battle version (Mines, Ruins, Spaceship, and mostly Seabed).

I did it years ago with Audacity for Spaceship but it was quite complex, I needed to download the song on youtube so neither the volume nor the loop point was well adjusted thus it took some time and wasn't perfect :/

Simple? Well, relatively simple I guess, since I do see the battle tracks on youtube (taking the game's multistream ogg audio files and converting them to single stream of just the battle sections would be much less simple and a huge hassle). If you want to request some of these than say which areas you want, but if you say something like all 7 main areas where music can be easily redone (which is ep 1 and 2 mostly, the cca/tower and ep 4 musics are not easy), then I reserve the right to be very lazy about when I actually finish making all of them.

Done. Rename the file to the area you wish it to play and put it in the C:/Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst/data/ogg folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/717gg1qtibsitin/Ys_Heavens_Sanctuary_OST_JDK_Band_Edition_-_First_Step_Towards_Wars_Looped.ogg

I love you so much DX

this will be great for forest, also the ys music is really good

Question :

You are talking about the multi stream ogg right?

There are just a few songs that are like this, playing different parts of it depending on the area you are on, not sure if it takes into account the monster count or something liek that... but in general is very hard to make them right.... as for when to play a specific part, good luck, that would require client changes if you ever find how those songs work.

Simple? Well, relatively simple I guess, since I do see the battle tracks on youtube (taking the game's multistream ogg audio files and converting them to single stream of just the battle sections would be much less simple and a huge hassle). If you want to request some of these than say which areas you want, but if you say something like all 7 main areas where music can be easily redone (which is ep 1 and 2 mostly, the cca/tower and ep 4 musics are not easy), then I reserve the right to be very lazy about when I actually finish making all of them.

Yes but the tracks on Youtube are low quality and not looped so I was wondering if there was a way to do it directly from the game datas. (and you answered to the question, yes it is but less simple so never mind)

As I said I'm mostly interested in Mines Ruins Spaceship and Seabed (so easy ones) but I don't want to bother you with that many requests, thank you though.

You are talking about the multi stream ogg right?

There are just a few songs that are like this, playing different parts of it depending on the area you are on, not sure if it takes into account the monster count or something like that... but in general is very hard to make them right.... as for when to play a specific part, good luck, that would require client changes if you ever find how those songs work.

Yes, and it does, when you meet at least one monster, it triggers the active part which will happen as soon as the song reaches a switch point. If the delay between two enemy waves is too long, it goes back to passive part.

There are some exceptions though like in BPD where active part is played even before you meet enemies. (maybe invisible monster object ? I don't know)

I asked because I expected the possibility to enable full-action version as it is done in offline Multiplayer.

Either way, thanks to both of you for your replies (: