Who here is interested in 2d arcade fighting games?

HandlebarsFakis

Just wondering who likes these among the forums here, and feel free to say some of your favorite characters from them.

My personal favorite characters are Fei-Long, Dhalsim, Smoke, Sentinel, Fulgore, Rock Lee, and Captain Ginyu.

• Like 1

Love the old school mortal kombat games. mortal kombat 3 was my fav with my fav characters being scorpion, sub zero, sektor, and cyrax

• Like 1

Lol yeah I play a good amount of fighting games competitively. Makoto is my favorite of all time. (from street fighter, although blazblue Makoto is cool too)

• Like 1

primal rage was great, i used to love taking the big gorilla and working the jab on a dinosaur haha

M.A.M.E.'er here! Streetfighter II and it's successors on up is my brew of choice. Love some of the old SNK stuff too like the Fatal Fury series, Samurai Shodown series and World Heroes series as well. I am very much an old sk00l arcader, I cut my teeth on Pac-man, Donkey Kong, Asteroids, Space Invaders and the list goes on for miles, on up till the year 2000 machines at least... My current MAME setup has over 5,000 games, with alternates and clones included in it.

There is a way to play against each other online too through an old MAME port using Kaillera if you guys want to sometime. It's been years since I've done it though! XD

Hit me up if you need some *cough* MAME emulator "assistance". ^_^

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 2