Unpopular PSO Opinions Thread

A thread to post some opinions about the server or about PSO in general that may or may not follow the grain. Frankly, if this takes off I can already anticipate this devolving into some unholy mix of unpopular opinions, opinions-you-think-are-unpopular-but-are-actually-quite-popular, actually popular opinions, hearty rants in the form of opinions, or just, y'know... opinions. I know how these threads work, man. I have experience.

All the same, this is a thread for expressing what you think. This isn't a "This is what I want to see changed in PSO/Ultima" because we already have a thread for that. It's also not a place to throw Megids at each other if someone has differing thoughts from you. Keep debate either healthy or nonexistent, and say what's on your mind! I'll start.

I find it boring to just run through TTF or RT with a higher-level player all the time simply to level up faster. I have more fun leveling up on the normal game and normal maps and normal government/hunter guild story-based quests, either solo or in a party closer to my level. It feels like I'm progressing at a reasonable pace by actually earning the levels I get. I killed the monsters on my own, and a super strong player didn't need to do it for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the exp and the players who do tank me on occasion (and especially the rares I otherwise couldn't get on my own). I also understand PSO can be too slow-paced for some players and they wanna speed things up a bit. It's just that sometimes I feel like I'm progressing too fast without actually earning my keep.

Plus it kinda annoys me when I see players who've been on the server for three weeks and are already level 100+ and have twice as many rares as I've amassed in three months. It's like, bitch please! I've been soloing it all the way up to Ultimate, and you're getting free levels dropped in your lap! Then again, I am essentially sabotaging myself by intentionally making things slower and harder... shut up you're stupid.

• Like 2

im hungry make wayne a sandwich

That is not an opinion, it's a command, and a very unreasonable one because you assume 1) that I care about your hunger, 2) that you have done something to earn my sammiches, and 3) that even if I made said sammich, that we have technology to beam food across the interwebs.

It is my opinion that your sammich-wanting deserves no attention. TOO BAD.

• Like 1

That is not an opinion, it's a command, and a very unreasonable one because you assume 1) that I care about your hunger, 2) that you have done something to earn my sammiches, and 3) that even if I made said sammich, that we have technology to beam food across the interwebs.

rekt

my opinion is that the site is not run to it's full potential

Edited by uss.ducky
  • Like 2

Dude, just zip it and upload to mega or something... actually i'm hungry too xDD....

out of joke... unpopular opinion idk but I hate to code GUIs by hand, but also hate how the GUI builders spit the code :wacko:

lol command you know im just joking right I almost said that at all status update no need to get angry bro just bored with the server going down and some loser with to much time on their hands keep ddos it just sad just sad but lol anyway do you want to make wayne a sandwich :)

lol command you know im just joking right I almost said that at all status update no need to get angry bro just bored with the server going down and some loser with to much time on their hands keep ddos it just sad just sad but lol anyway do you want to make wayne a sandwich :)

I was joking too. :P Except for the part where I'd make you a sammich, which won't happen. I don't know how to zip sammiches over the internet. :(

• Like 1

I feel like administration of this server needs to be more staffed, and trusted individuals be granted higher authority instead of having one person Yay or Nay changes and desired fixes. This will allow quicker reactions and improve the overall experience for everybody.

Then again, this probably isn't an unpopular opinion :\

• Like 1

Meh, I'm of the belief of if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all...

Unless a n00b is making a real asshat of him/herself, then you'll get an earful from me and possibly, a GM gets involved behind "closed doors", the end.

Constructive, positive criticism is always a good thing, but "airing out dirty laundry" is another matter altogether and a big waste of time to me...

• Like 1

I believe monomates and monofluids should be available at all levels in shop mag making could be done without creating new accounts/characters just to find them.

And PSO should totally have a boss rush level, maybe without any drops from them just to test yourself. (All bosses from ep1/2/4 together) or many of the same in the same room.

Edited by cyane
  • Like 1