The Rich and the Poor

I'm glad after reading this topic that the current mini event winners are all relatively newer players. It's nice to disprove the theory that only the elite players who have been here forever are the only ones who can win challenging mini events, especially since I made such difficult requirements. I'm sure part of the reason for this is most of the quests to obtain the items can be done by anyone. Booma claws and photon tickets do not require ultimate at all. We're trying to listen to feedback from the community about mini events, and as such I no longer am requiring a huge stash of PDs or expensive rares to win my events.

Well I'm surprised too, I thought that only elite players will win this mini-event simply because they have better stuff, giving them huge advantage on how fast they will kill enemies.

More enemies killed per hours = more enemies appearing = increased drop rate = increased chance to get one of those items.

But, I forgot 3 things:

- Luck, luck and luck !

- How much elite players involved ?

- A lot of beginning items, meaning that you will always find someone who keep them all. Things elite players can't, due to multiple Char and limitless bank storage.....

But, I admit that my statement didn't work well with this mini-event ! My bad ! m(._.)m

Well now that we have this thread back on track, it is nice to see opinions of all you guys, but like King Ra said I do think the economy is a little off and maybe that is because people don't like to trade because they fear bugs and stuff that I don't really know but on other games there is a "rich" and a "poor" but I still feel like the divide here is worse since we have so few players. Another thing is there doesn't really seem to be enough trading in the game, which for me is my favorite part :)

I really wish there was more trading as well. That is one of my favorite parts of PSO...trading rares into the economy, and of course trading into profits. I enjoy price fluctuation and keeping track of them in a logarithmic fashion and trying to pinpoint when a good entry and sell point opens for a particular item. It seems too many people fear bugs, they wouldn't if they took screenshots before and after item changes. Then they would have proof and their situations would be resolved quickly.

Edited by Bluesummers

I downvoted Colorado's post because I generally didn't agree with his statements. I do believe there is a middle class here and I personally don't think there is anything wrong with the economy. I came from schthack where you're either a rich lv 200 Hucast with a sphered Dark Flow, or you're an underleveled player that can barely scrape together 10PDs. I came to Ultima with nothing and grinded my butt off with a Photon Claw until I was level 60 and made friends and joined teams; now I'm somebody. I'm no elite player but I can handle myself in most situations here and while I'm not "rich" I'm also not "poor." I consider myself middleclass and I've never paid a dime to the server (though I would like to).

on schthack an h/arms unit is worth over 20PDs, on Ultima, you can get one for 1PD, or for free if you know the right people.

my point is. all you really have to do is stick around for a little while, raise a good mag, and make some friends and you'll be okay here. This server has a very level ground and those who play and have fun will be rewarded eventually.

• Like 3

I started here with nothing and feel like I've gotten set up pretty well so far. I think the discrepancy between your still undefined "rich" and "poor" isn't really an issue. I didn't even trade for much gear at all, and though I've gotten a few starting out freebies from the community and mini events (like my first no hit fs, glide, and 3seals to name a few), I've also hunted all those things without too much issue, and almost every mini event I've seen around has had a pretty fair chance for all levels to win. Gear comes to those who put in the effort in to hunt it (or money to buy it I guess). Being "poor" basically means having a fresh char, and almost nobody has the highest tier on every single piece of their gear to be "rich", but getting set up with decent gear is not that difficult. The whole point of the genre to keep hunting bigger and better loot from bigger and badder monsters anyway.

• Like 4

To me, "rich and poor" in this game is a determination of time spent working on a character... Aside from that, they are relatively meaningless to me as one man's standard of rich and poor can be drastically different to the next person's. To me, it's what YOU wish to achieve is what is important.

Granted, my time is limited so I am therefore not able to spend the great amount of time some of the so called "rich players" can afford to do so here. I am old sk00l however and very used to grinding to get levels and so forth for the good items in a RPG, so I am patient in working my characters ever so slowly towards their goals. As of today, I am very close as I have 3 characters who are nearly lvl 200 or in Trigunman's case, have already achieved it, along with acquiring some of the best gear in the game. Believe me, I've had ALOT of help along the way and if it wasn't for my old friend Hwi specifically, I wouldn't probably be as far along as I am today. ^_^

Persistence, patience and time are the keys to success in any RPG I have found over the years. Therefore if you lack any of those traits, you will not be happy playing this game, plain and simple as it requires all three of them to be successful here.

Ultimately, you get out of this game what you put into it, try not to take it seriously and remember this is a GAME we play for FUN. If you aren't having FUN, then seriously reconsider your life's choices in your gaming and find something else that blows your skirt.

Hopefully this is some food for thought ladies and gents, take it for what you will... Good luck, good hunting and good journey. :onion-head11:

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 1

yo opino que la mayoría carecemos de clase avanzada por así decirlo, un usuario perfectamente puede armar personajes con ítem de black papaer y progresar desde ese punto en adelante creo que soy uno de cuantos que a utilizado ese método, en todas las formas de juego y en servidores, aun que aquí es algo mas facilitado a diferencia de los ítem especiales entiéndase de "eventos" a gran escala que se activan por temporadas, pero al fin y al cavo obtenibles, creo que la gran mayoría pertenece a la clase avanzada, ya que no requiere mayor esfuerzo obtener ítem regularmente buenos y que al fin y al cavo ayudan en el 80% de la obtención en ítem avanzados y obviamente el amigo buena onda u amigos "team", que básicamente son el apoyo y la diversión que uno tendrá durante la estadía y estancia plena en el servidor. saludos

Just started here about two weeks ago now, and this whole thing about "rich vs poor" while it has some merit to it, is mostly predicated upon the idea that once you have some of the best gear you can obtain the best items in every event, everytime. Now while this is the case sometimes, most of the time the best players have made many friends over time and as such they can go hunting with these friends and find items faster and more efficiently. So my point of this post is to say if you are new please communicate with other players, and ask for help, and ask to join a team, perhaps a new team just getting started that will help you with obtaining some good starter items. Over time if you go hunting with friends your gear will accumulate faster then you think. So make friends and have fun playing the game! :D

Edited by Bluesummers
  • Like 3