Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

There are 2 layouts with 2 variations each for mines, so 4 different possibilities ( http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?section=Maps). Must have just been a coincidence.

The government quests are a new addition to Blue Burst. They are a bunch of story driven quests from the principle in ep 1+4 and from the lab in ep 2 that take you through each of the areas and try to give some semblance of cohesion to what little "plot" there is in pso. They also unlock the ep 1 one player quest areas (must have up to 2-1 for one player caves quests, 3-1 for mines, 4-1 for ruins) and unlock adding hit to enemy part weapons with photon crystals (talk to montague and elenor in 9-5, complete 9-6 and claire's deal). They are indepedent of each other in each episode, you do not need to do ep 1 gov quests to do any ep 2 gov quests, or ep 2 ones to do ep 4.

Thank you very much for the answer! It was indeed a coincidence, I got different maps when I replayed Mines and Hard Forest last night.

Looking forward to trying those quests!

How can I make custom oggs? I wanna change the bosses musics and such.

Here is a list of the files

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58055

Here is a more detailed list with the multi stream files, harder to edit and make it sound right

https://oggsource.wordpress.com/2008/08/25/multi-stream-ogg-database/

This might help you with the looping. The program used is audacity

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

Here is a list of the files

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58055

Here is a more detailed list with the multi stream files, harder to edit and make it sound right

https://oggsource.wordpress.com/2008/08/25/multi-stream-ogg-database/

This might help you with the looping. The program used is audacity

Thank you! I use Audacity a lot for other things, and wasn't aware you can create ogg files with it. That's great~

Got some up and running perfectly now. ^^

How do you get a dark flow?

Parasetic gene flow (drops from Olga Flow) + a sword that is fully grinded, any of following; Sword+55, Gigush+32, Breaker+18, Claymore+16, Calibur+10

I've never ran c-mode so,

How long does it take?

Is there an active community?

If not, what can I expect to pay for a zalure needle?

It takes pretty long. I can't give an exact time, but yeah.

There's a section on the forum just for C-Mode here: http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/forum/91-challange-mode/

I'm up for helping people C-Mode anytime~ So if you need more people feel free to ask me.

As for a Zalure Needle, I am not sure on the price, sorry~

Edited by Kei
  • Like 1

I've never ran c-mode so,

How long does it take?

Is there an active community?

If not, what can I expect to pay for a zalure needle?

Needle is from ep 2 cmode, in which there are 5 stages and s-rank time is under 5 hours total. ep 1 cmode is 9 stages in under 7 hours for s-rank time. There are never that many people that do cmode, but occaisonally you can find a few runners. S-ranks are generally 50 pds + special price (zalure is 60 pds to add). It is also possible to get sranks with specials through the Yuji Naka's Buisiness Cards Event; during anniversary olga flow and dark falz may drop Naka's Cards, and if you collect 3 of them you can take them to a gm for any srank of your choice with special. Cmode is quite fun to run though, I've been running with a few people teaching ourselves to do it from the pso-world guides ( http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewtopsection&section=Challenge+Mode). It takes some learning/practice to complete, but it's definitely very interesting and fun.

• Like 1

Needle is from ep 2 cmode, in which there are 5 stages and s-rank time is under 5 hours total. ep 1 cmode is 9 stages in under 7 hours for s-rank time. There are never that many people that do cmode, but occaisonally you can find a few runners. S-ranks are generally 50 pds + special price (zalure is 60 pds to add). It is also possible to get sranks with specials through the Yuji Naka's Buisiness Cards Event; during anniversary olga flow and dark falz may drop Naka's Cards, and if you collect 3 of them you can take them to a gm for any srank of your choice with special. Cmode is quite fun to run though, I've been running with a few people teaching ourselves to do it from the pso-world guides ( http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewtopsection&section=Challenge+Mode). It takes some learning/practice to complete, but it's definitely very interesting and fun.

Thank you for the info! I see whichever route I take is going to be tough. I'll take a look at the psoworld guides.

So how do Forces deal with the Sil Dragon on Ult? I'm running TTFs to hunt a RR for my Ranger. FOmarl Lv. 200, stats near max (due to my original plan involving V101 which got replaced by Cent/Battle, thus I'm short of a few points: missing just a few ATP and 1 ATA, no big deal). Also using RR and Kroe's Sweater to get as much ATA as possible.

Trouble is, I can't seem to keep Sil Dragon from drilling into the ground. I'm using a Rambling May (40 Native) that I got from the Ep4 boss in an event last year. Hard crits do 800ish damage on the head so it's not too weak, but once he roars and I got a few hits in onto the leg as soon as I can target him again, it's a lost cause. Once he is airborne, I mainly do NNN attacks since they come out so insanely fast with the RM (he seems to manually evade many attacks anyway so I don't bother with H attacks), but it just doesn't cut it. On other servers I had no problems pulling it off but obviously the boosted HP/Def here make it much harder.

I guess sphering the RM to 100 Native could do the trick, but I don't have the PDs. I doubt other options like Gal Wind will work. Tried Gizonde with Indra and VolOpt shield just because I remember reading about that working for some FOs back in the day, but that might have been in One Person on FOmar/FOnewm ...

Maybe I'll try getting some more damage on the feet with a Native Vivienne or 100 Souls (no native on mine).

Anyway, if there's anyone who can do it with a FOmarl, tell me what you use. I fear the answer may go into "pay to win" territory though.

• Like 1

hi there I got a question about the hell special. does hell work on all non boss enemys ? and I assume a lot of hit on the weapon is needed ive seen a 80 hit yas 7k with hell in action but I saw conan swap out sometimes for a demons weapon or charge in ep 2 and 4 was this just for fun or because not all enemys are effected ? ty if you can help me : )

It actually works on everything... the issue is how much edk they have... for example a boss in ultimate has 1K edk... so although it still works, is not going to kill him because the conditions are not going to be met (ever) xD

• Like 1

about hell in ep2, i put an exemple, hell works great on Ul Gibbon, but for zol Gibbon( the one more red) it doenst work so good, it take more to hell enter, like the Sinow , red one is a fast kill on hell, but blue one i fails alot, in ep4, normal dorphon hell is weak, but on eclair, is a fast kill- so you just have to see what monsters have more problably to kill on hell, demom or just hit on charge to output damage ^^

• Like 1

So how do Forces deal with the Sil Dragon on Ult? I'm running TTFs to hunt a RR for my Ranger. FOmarl Lv. 200, stats near max (due to my original plan involving V101 which got replaced by Cent/Battle, thus I'm short of a few points: missing just a few ATP and 1 ATA, no big deal). Also using RR and Kroe's Sweater to get as much ATA as possible.

Trouble is, I can't seem to keep Sil Dragon from drilling into the ground. I'm using a Rambling May (40 Native) that I got from the Ep4 boss in an event last year. Hard crits do 800ish damage on the head so it's not too weak, but once he roars and I got a few hits in onto the leg as soon as I can target him again, it's a lost cause. Once he is airborne, I mainly do NNN attacks since they come out so insanely fast with the RM (he seems to manually evade many attacks anyway so I don't bother with H attacks), but it just doesn't cut it. On other servers I had no problems pulling it off but obviously the boosted HP/Def here make it much harder.

I guess sphering the RM to 100 Native could do the trick, but I don't have the PDs. I doubt other options like Gal Wind will work. Tried Gizonde with Indra and VolOpt shield just because I remember reading about that working for some FOs back in the day, but that might have been in One Person on FOmar/FOnewm ...

Maybe I'll try getting some more damage on the feet with a Native Vivienne or 100 Souls (no native on mine).

Anyway, if there's anyone who can do it with a FOmarl, tell me what you use. I fear the answer may go into "pay to win" territory though.

Would it really be such a bad thing if you just kill him after he pops out of the ground? Sure it takes like an extra minute, but killing him before he drills takes ridiculous damage even on rangers and hunters i.e. you gonna need a df or dm to do it, or a fully native sphered iron faust.

Also another weapon that can do a lot of damage to him is excal on his wing+foot at same time, but even then may not get a kill before he drills.

hi there I got a question about the hell special. does hell work on all non boss enemys ? and I assume a lot of hit on the weapon is needed ive seen a 80 hit yas 7k with hell in action but I saw conan swap out sometimes for a demons weapon or charge in ep 2 and 4 was this just for fun or because not all enemys are effected ? ty if you can help me : )

It's based on the enemies dark resist, the lower their edk the more likely they are to die to hell. Hell is 93% proc chance, and in ultimate enemies have minimum 50 edk, and v502 doubles your chance to hell, so all together its (93-50) x 2 = 86% chance to kill. but if an enemy has 80+ edk, then your chance to hell them is <26% with v502 if you actually hit them. High hit and freeze does help overcome the enemies dodging the shot due to evp, but sometimes they are just so edk resistant it's not worth it to try, and any over 93 edk are literally impossible.

• Like 1