Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

Ok, I must be the thickest player ever. How do you use custom skins? I downloaded a character skin and tried copying it in the custom folder and directly in the data folder (overwriting the files) but it never works. The game works just fine but the character's look has not changed. What am I doing wrong?

Ok, I must be the thickest player ever. How do you use custom skins? I downloaded a character skin and tried copying it in the custom folder and directly in the data folder (overwriting the files) but it never works. The game works just fine but the character's look has not changed. What am I doing wrong?

What type of skin is? You might need to use the dressing room to change for the right one. Depends what did you install.

Replacement skin for a FOnewearl.

That one actually. which is the dark magician from Yu Gi Oh. I've never played Yu Gi Oh in my life but that skin gets rid of the SUPER ANNOYING LARGE ears and to be honest, it looks cool.

So where do i need to place the files? Is there anything else I need to do?

Edited by Aeroprism

The only skin(s) that the launcher would "install" is the ones contained in the file ItemTextureEP4 ... I removed support for that in my launcher btw.

Anything else you have to replace the files in the data folder

So basically all I have to do is replace the original files found in the DATA directory with the ones the modder provides, then set my textures to CUSTOM in the launcher, start the game and try it out?

I did exactly that and it didn't work. I assume the skin simply does not work.

You don't have to set the textures to custom in the launcher, that's an option for the launcher itself to patch the files. And the launcher will do nothing with the files you are trying to patch anyways.

And if the skin doesn't work pso would probably crash.. you might be doing something wrong.

Also always backup your original files.

Replacement skin for a FOnewearl.

That one actually. which is the dark magician from Yu Gi Oh. I've never played Yu Gi Oh in my life but that skin gets rid of the SUPER ANNOYING LARGE ears and to be honest, it looks cool.

So where do i need to place the files? Is there anything else I need to do?

As cyane said, go into the dressing room and look for it in the outfits you can select. The skin works by replacing one specific outfit of the character, it doesn't make all outfits look like it, just one of them.

Thank you for your advice. I do backup my files every time I test, it's a must :)

I already tried everything that has been suggested, perhaps I did something wrong in the process, I will try again.

EDIT: Important life lesson learned today: before pestering your friendly PSO community for help, try every option.

To make the skin work, I need to recreate he character AND set the skin color to the palest.

It works, I'll recreate her, she was low level anyway.

Thank you so much guys, you all rock.

Edited by Aeroprism