Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

54 minutes ago, Kagetsuya said:

The data recorded would be the items gave to the NPC and the PD's he got from players, I'm not sure how PSO system works but every item is associated with an ID in most of the games, (that's I guess the rewards of the quests works to get a specific type of item) so the NPC remove the item with the ID X from the seller and if the buyer meet the requeriments, lets say 10 PD the NPC gives him the item ID X and the counter goes to 10 as I said I have no idea of how PSO works just giving the suggestion based from my experience in other games.

So items are stored in 16 bytes, and I assume we'd cap the pd at 65535 to be nice and easy (0xFFFF). 

A couple inherent problems with this idea based on how sega set up the game.

1) All items given in quest are spawned client-side.  Meaning that the server is not informed of it and has no say in how they are spawned.  There is security in place to stop people form hacking certain items, but since the quest code is stored in client memory there is no way of knowing for sure if a client is spawning the right item for the quest or not without a restructure of the entire system.  This means that we can only blacklist\whitelist items from being generated through this type of operation, and thus your suggestion would destroy that security measure.

2) The opcodes for quest programming are not all discovered or documented.  Currently the best we can do is use item_pack to get the first 12 bytes of an item from the inventory.  This is enough for every item in the game except mags.  So this means we'd have to add our own opcodes (program in assembly into the game). which seems, at least to me, to be a very dangerous route since we don't really know if we're overwriting a current opcode.

3) There is no way (in quest opcodes) to generate a list of all the items being sold.  The closest thing we have is the undocumented opcode used in Momoka's shop, but that still reads static data from the qst file, so we'd have to auto generate the qst file every time the server would send the file to a client loading the quest. 

4) If the player is paid up front for the item, then this system would be HUGELY abused.  If they have to wait until someone buys it, how would they then get the pd?  That kind of information can't really be safely sent to a client without either A. writing a new opcode in (see above) or B. overwriting one of the player's qflags which would only take effect on reloading the block.  Also those qflags aren't documented, so it could very easily be overwriting something very important.

5) Also, how would you submit your pd amount?  A list has a limited number of options and those are hardcoded.  The only other way would be to use the keyword opcode that reads the text you say.  Which seems REALLY sketchy to me.

As you can see, there is quite a bit that we can't do right now that makes this idea impractical.  However, a web based system would not have these limitations and could be done, though it represents a huge amount of work to make and kept safe and secure.  Good thinking though, keep the ideas coming!

Thanks for the reply! I guess I forgot how many years have this game and supposed wrongly that everything it's server side. 

hace 11 minutos, Lemon dijo:

4) If the player is paid up front for the item, then this system would be HUGELY abused.  If they have to wait until someone buys it, how would they then get the pd? 

I guess I didn't explain it right, but I wasn't thinking in that. :P Anyway it would be good to find a way to make the shops more easier to do. Maybe for older players that need specific things its not a big deal, but for new ones its not the same.

Just now, Eres said:

A quest with a PD roulette but with good items with random stats and also 1pd 10pd and 99pd options (maybe not those options specifically).

You get a list by larva and I'll show you how to code it.

1 minute ago, Eres said:

also final impact with charge special :) 

charge arms?

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, thelionorion said:

I doubt this is possible (and it's purely for my own personal enjoyment) but...

Samba Maracas or Fiesta should get a unique sound effect when you dance with either equipped

This is very important.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jnorland101 said:

Is there a quick key to open the chat log? Like f4 for mag feed?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

No.

Also, I'd like it if the website stopped logging me out every time I swap devices.

24 minutes ago, jnorland101 said:

I wish there was

On 7/12/2017 at 2:25 PM, thelionorion said:

I doubt this is possible (and it's purely for my own personal enjoyment) but...

Samba Maracas or Fiesta should get a unique sound effect when you dance with either equipped

Lol...

51 minutes ago, jnorland101 said:

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

No there is not, but there is a chat log addon which now that you are into that, it might help.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Also, I'd like it if the website stopped logging me out every time I swap devices.

i use 3 diffrent devices to check forum and none of them ever logs me out O.o except i delete browser history and have the "delete active logins" aktivated D:

Edited by Night

56 minutes ago, Lemon said:

There is this topic, is old but kinda relevant.
https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/428866-logging-in-will-log-out-all-other-devices/

Apparently, if you log in with a device, then log in 90 days after, in a  new device/browser, then you will be logged out of old sessions.
This is not a problem to me but ¯\_ツ_/¯

They will be changing session cookies in version 4.2 so we'll see then.

Idk, it only started happening in the last week or so.  I'll mess around with settings and see if I can fix it.