Do you want to have Lost Heart Breaker quest back?

Do you want to have Lost Heart Breaker quest back?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have Lost Heart Breaker quest back for Summer Event?

• Yes, I want to have that quest back.
    • No, I don't think it is necessary.
    • No, I am not hunting, so I don't care much.
  2. 2. Are you having fun with the non-stop grinding of Summer Event?

• Yes, non-stop grinding is fun.
    • No, unfortunately I have other things to do IRL and I can't stay on the server doing non-stop grinding.
    • I am not hunting anything from the Summer Event.
    • I'm not / I wasn't able to enjoy this event so far. (Doing other important things)

In the same day PSO2 Dropstyle was implemented, Larva decided to take down Lost Heart Breaker quest, because he found that the Centurion/Battle hunting was too easy with this quest. He even posted in a thread saying that quest will only return when the Summer Event ends. Some people noticed that without this quest and with the current droprate (that clearly have increased when compared to the last year), it is becoming a hassle to hunt that item, that after all, is just a Unit that increases 110% the battle speed. 

Ten days of event have passed, and we had that quest active for only 5 days. Because this quest was added, some moderators said the droprate have been increased due to the hunt being easier. But now, the quest is gone, and the droprate wasn't adjusted to the old one before this quest even existed on server. So I would like to know what people are thinking about the hunting so far. Do you think that this quest should return to Ultima for the Summer Event?

A server is made by users. So I think the wishes from users should be taken into account. Vote it with your sincere though about the situation.

Please if you have something to comment, or feedback about the poll, feel free to do that.

Edited by yanvbraz
better poll wording
  • Like 4

Removing the quest, while it might seem like a good idea for a few reasons, is also really unfair. It punishes a lot of players because a few are very good at it. We implemented a different drop system, and got rid of the quest that would make best use of it. LHB is not an easy quest by any means, but for most players on the server it is far more acccessable than ROCT, and weather effects is barely even good for solo, likewise for TTF. I think it would be a better idea to make the drop harder to obtain, than to get rid of the quest that made it easier to obtain it. It would only take a modification of the skyly id drop rate to fix this,  and would allow more people to have fun learning what is really, an amazing quest.  I know this is all up to Larva in the end and honestly whether it was changed this way or not it won't effect me either way, so what if it is a bit harder to get, if I enjoy it more trying to get it. The whole idea of the drop system was to encourage people to play together, and we remove one of the best quests for doing that. Throwing together an ROCT party is much less forgiving than LHB, it is well made quest and problems arise in ROCT with people that are unprepared. 

My point is, removing the quest, removed even the chance for many people to hunt this and I think it would be better for everyone if it was brought back and the skyly drop rate increased.  I have found ROCT to giving up plenty of cent battles as well, it just takes better players to get it done, it feels very unfair to me

• Like 5

It is hardly faster than ROCT. 45 min to solo roct, 35 min to solo LHB, and LHB had less epsilons. Removing it made no sense imo. It was finally something other to do than ROCT or WE and was actually refreshing/fun. Or just spamming TTF or RT for other events, but it gets taken away. Better take away PW4 since there are 3 gibbles in the first room making soul booster easy. Or PW3 for the amount of morfos in it. 

• Like 1

YES bring it back! Either bring it back or adjust drop rate because so far this event is making me rethink my interest in keep on playing. too damn hard. thanks.

To leave clear, rates were not changed from before, i asked 2 peoples to confirm them too. 

Even asked larva for a lower rate on pbc since it was always sort of crazy, for cent battle is sort of "easy" during hh.

Remember that weather effects exist, and that is solo-able if you know the strategy (for most rangers at least, frozen shooter gets you far+bringers riffle combo).

No one forgot WE exists. It's just so bad that it's more efficient to solo ROCT for mildly good geared people. It's so stupid to take a fresh new quest out that I havn't spammed 500 times before just because it's a "little bit" better. Shit, some say ROCT is more worth while. 

3 minutes ago, ryukin said:

No one forgot WE exists. It's just so bad that it's more efficient to solo ROCT for mildly good geared people. It's so stupid to take a fresh new quest out that I havn't spammed 500 times before just because it's a "little bit" better. Shit, some say ROCT is more worth while. 

it's not me who decides what stays during event didn't think the quest was that great to farm cb

Well, LHB is comparable to RoCT, but a bit easier, due to the fact that you can die and still go back to the quest. Also, the main problem I see on ROCT is that if you don't have a force/good gear in your party, probably you gonna have problems since you start the quest with negative S/D and you need to know very well the spawns. In LHB that is not a problem, since it is a bit more easier to handle things without a FO.

And let's be honest, that quest doesn't have much more Epsilons than RoCT have. With the current rate, I don't think bringing LHB back would make the C/B drop like "candy". And I find the quest much more enjoyable than RoCT due it being fresh and new. If that is the case, RoCT should be removed because it have almost the same amount of Epsilons/Gi-Gues of LHB and you have a chance to get a great reward in the End.

I remember cyane saying days ago that with the brand new quests, the increased rate of C/B wouldn't be a problem. But after all, was it increased when compared to last year or not? For me it seems so.

Maybe it couldn't be the best quest to farm Epsilons (if this is true, why it was removed?), but I find LHB much more easier to handle for people that are not very well geared. Spamming the first 2 Epsilons of Weather Effects is really boring imo, but each one with their opinion, it's alright.

It's always good to have different quests to alternate between. Having LHB back doesn't mean people wouldn't do RoCT or WE anymore, it is to have more options of quests to play. I though that was the main reason people are building and sending new quests to this server: to have more gameplay options.

Edited by yanvbraz
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

I remember cyane saying days ago that with the brand new quests, the increased rate of C/B wouldn't be a problem. But after all, was it increased when compared to last year or not? For me it seems so.

Unless somebody else touched the rates (that would make me a bit upset), they weren't altered one bit i even asked to make sure i was getting the right values, you're just tired of the grind.

Ask soly experience some previous years 1 week nonstop hunt for 1 cb, it's mostly about luck too. As for the quest it's really up to larva 

I would like to get LHB back, even with drop disabled, it's one of my favourite quests and i like a lot to play it.
Don't care about drops, i just would like if the quest were playable again.

Edited by BK-201

At this point of the Event, would it matter if LHB was brought back? Probably there is one or two weeks until the event ends, and I think there wasn't enough votes from people so the administrator could make a decision. If at least 50-60 players have voted, maybe we could have a chance.

• 3 weeks later...