im boring are u?

dragon

actually this is gonna sound very weird but it's probably self-experience...

they say when you're boring you're actually up to something.

especially if are surrounded by busy people.

it just adds to the suspicious factor.

so in a way. boring = COOL XD

Boredom is an emotional state experienced during periods lacking activity or when individuals are uninterested in their surroundings.

Although it has not been widely studied, research on boredom suggests that boredom is a major factor impacting diverse areas of a person's life. People ranked low on a boredom-proneness scale were found to have better performance in a wide variety of aspects of their lives, including career, education, and autonomy.[17] Boredom can be a symptom of clinical depression. Boredom can be a form of learned helplessness, a phenomenon closely related to depression. Some philosophies of parenting propose that if children are raised in an environment devoid of stimuli, and are not allowed or encouraged to interact with their environment, they will fail to develop the mental capacities to do so.

The Princess Who Never Smiled by Viktor VasnetsovIn a learning environment, a common cause of boredom is lack of understanding; for instance, if one is not following or connecting to the material in a class or lecture, it will usually seem boring. However, the opposite can also be true; something that is too easily understood, simple or transparent, can also be boring. Boredom is often inversely related to learning, and in school it may be a sign that a student is not challenged enough, or too challenged. An activity that is predictable to the students is likely to bore them.[18]

A study of 1989 indicated that an individual's impression of boredom may be influenced by the individuals degree of attention, as a higher acoustic level of distraction from the environment correlated with higher reportings of boredom.[19]

Boredom has been studied as being related to drug abuse among teens.[20] Boredom has been proposed as a cause of pathological gambling behavior. A study found results consistent with the hypothesis that pathological gamblers seek stimulation to avoid states of boredom and depression.[21]

Since the advent of the internet and other communicative means, access to curing boredom has new mediums. Video games and web pages have all provide the end user a different experience in their attempt to cure boredom.

I too was bored :P

The word boring is far too subjective a term to label someone as.

While everything noticeable about a person can be construed as uninteresting to certain parties, there may be aspects that the person does not share that those parties may find interesting. Even if that isn't the case, there would be other parties who would find interesting characteristics about that individual.

There are those who simply do not want attention and keep mostly to themselves. Sure most people find no interest in those people; there isn't much substance in their perception of that person, so they'll naturally lose interest. However there are people who become obsessed with finding out more about such people. To these people, the 'boring' person is anything but; they take an interest in the person.

...Annoyingly so - or at least that seems to be the only case in my experience.

So it really depends on your definition of the word 'boring'

If it is someone who gets bored easily, for some reason...: Then no, certain things may not be able to hold my interest, but I can always find something to occupy my mind.

If it is someone who others don't take much interest in because of social situations: Read above.

If it is someone whose lifestyle isn't dynamic and/or active: Then yeah, I would consider myself boring at times.

Blah, I have no idea why I even bothered to post this response.

• Like 2