Fomarl Build

So I'm getting a little tired of pew-pewing on my fomarl, and would like to start throwing around some sparkles. However, I seem to be doing minimal damage at the moment with my current gear. what would people recommend I hunt so I can start doing significant damage? So far I've been told I need a psycho wand and hylian shield.

Yea tech wise hylian + pwand are the best things you could get easy-ish... Well, damage-wise

Probably moar, just cant think of any currently.

Edited by HHawk4

Well for simple techs, you'd want summit moon, or if you have dts to throw around, Glide v00. For Gi techs, you'd want Magical Piece, although it's easily substituted with storm wand indra, since no one really use gifoie for damage, and no one ever uses gibarta for anything. And yes, you'll want Hylian and pyscho wand for the ra techs. You might also consider getting merc rod for grants, especially as a fomarl. Demonic Fork is also a useful weapon you can get because it makes megid pierce.

FOmarl is bad with techs, period. You should raise a FOnewearl.

That aside, you want to get all of the items that boost tech damage and use the best gear for the quest you are doing. Use a controller and configure it with PC software like Joytokey so you can use all techs quickly and use software turbo for the techs on your hotbar. You also should change weapons and shields on a regular basis as you play.

Fomarl is perfectly fine with techs, since mst is the least important factor for techs. Fomarl is just so damn good with weapons it makes techs less attractive. You need the tech boosting gear to do tech damage, as people have said hylian shield / 3 seals and pwand / pbridge for ra techs (3seals/rabarta merge for rabarta), magical piece / sorcerer's cane / elemental wands for gi techs, glide v00 / elemental clubs for si techs, demo fork / cursed cloak / ultima reaper / dark bridge make megid pierce (though megid is not that great regardless, and hylian shield and dark bridge / mercurious rod / cadeceus for grants (though often it's better to just use pwand for weapon and use less tp since it usually takes same # of spells to kill). Fomarl is especially good with grants, the strongest of all forces due to her natural 50% grants boost.

• Like 1

Three seals is a pretty easy hunt 1/232 from delbiters on very hard. It should sell for around 20 pds but people don't realize how easy the hunt is I guess. Psycho wand isn't too hard to get either. Sticking with those two to start can be nice. When I use techs on my level 200 FOmarl with max mst and Psycho Bridge+Hylian shield, I feel like she's still a bit underwhelming, but if that's what you wanna try good luck to you c:

If you were considering making another character to use techs more I would recommend FOnewm. He's a boss c:

Edited by tru

My fonewm is naturally better with attack magic, p wand, nothing much else for boosting techs. Damage is great up untill ultimate, where it really goes downhill. Megid is probably my most useful attack spell for actually killing something. With that said, the support and slowing down of the enemy I cause is extremely useful, even if a lot of damage isn't being done, it makes it much easier for others to do the damage. I would recommend a p-wand, noob hp, adept, chao striker, and whatever wand gives you more debuff range. I usually play a cast, sorry I don't know much about force stuff, but my setup seems to work great and I am only at level 140 something

Also, having all your keys setup to use a range of spells, and quickly, is probably going to be the most important factor. Durring tower, I usually feel like I am going nuts on a piano

Edited by Justin Noble