HUcaseal hunting Lame D' dorphons

I'm having the most trouble to hunt these guys on Ultimate, on the MA4DMD quest. I'm generally asking for tips/ good weapons to use against situations.

HU's are terrible for multihitting zu's, and a lot of other things, so here's how I try to cope.

1. 4 Zu's spawn. I run forward so I can only aggro 1. I spam last swan to kill it. Drag the next and kill, very slow, takes 3-5 minutes.

2. 3 Astarks and 2 dorphons spawn. At this point i'm hanging back and usually drag a Dorphon and an Astark. How to kill these 2: I freeze the Astark w/ a trap, while getting pommeled by the Dorphon left and right. I use a seize 35% raygun to paralyze the Dorphon for 10 seconds, then I use a demon raygun or meteor cudgel to kill it. Not bad, but is HORRIFIC if there are 2+ monsters.

3. 2 Zu's, a dorphon, and the Booma equivalent ep 4 monsters spawn. I run away and fight 1 at a time, usually doesn't work so I just spam freeze traps and whatnot. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It takes about 15 minutes to get through 3 or 4 waves of MA4DMD. Thats about 4 to 5 Dorphons every 15 minutes. Extremely slow soloing.

-Confuse traps are bad in this quest because with the # of mobs, one WILL hit you.

-Twin blaze doesn't work with 4 Zu's. No, it doesn't.

How on earth is Oran HU a good idea to hunt for Lame D's? I would have preferred a FO that can multihit a hundred things on Ult. -Without shifta/deband and zalure/jellen, soloing this is even worse. What am I doing wrong? I have a BOVN, 2 cent/abils, 2 H/arms, or a smartlink, or a v502. I miss half the time paralyzing and demon'ing (on third hit). ~300 ATA w/ demon raygun.

Edited by velociti

when i try and farm lames on my oran hucaseal i find it alot easier to spam the quest pioneers spirit on ep 4 solo mode. there are 4 dorphons in the crater section and of course the normal enemy's like astarks to, i like farming like this due to mobs being alot easier to handle and also the chance for v502 and v101, depending on gear should take less then 10 mins to do alot safer run . hope this helps : )

Ep 4 just sucks when you're not a fo, in my opinion at least. Especially as hu without much ranged weapons, it's going to be really difficult trying to solo something like that.

Ep 4 just sucks when you're not a fo, in my opinion at least. Especially as hu without much ranged weapons, it's going to be really difficult trying to solo something like that.

What about Dark Flow?

when i try and farm lames on my oran hucaseal i find it alot easier to spam the quest pioneers spirit on ep 4 solo mode. there are 4 dorphons in the crater section and of course the normal enemy's like astarks to, i like farming like this due to mobs being alot easier to handle and also the chance for v502 and v101, depending on gear should take less then 10 mins to do alot safer run . hope this helps : )

Another quest, and in one player mode eh? Sounds like a great chance, I'll give it a shot, thanks a lot.

EDIT:

Tried the crater section, pretty nice since you have a personal healer and tanker.

Only downside is 4 dorphons in a span of 100 monsters. That's 4% chance almost per run on HH. Still better than ma4dmd pacing though.

I do like the fact that there are a lot of astarks here, thanks.

Edited by velociti

Another quest, and in one player mode eh? Sounds like a great chance, I'll give it a shot, thanks a lot.

EDIT:

Tried the crater section, pretty nice since you have a personal healer and tanker.

Only downside is 4 dorphons in a span of 100 monsters. That's 4% chance almost per run on HH. Still better than ma4dmd pacing though.

I do like the fact that there are a lot of astarks here, thanks.

yeah this is my go to ep 4 farming quest , by far the easiest and safest way to farm lame , v101 and v502 . on my best day lame farming i dropped x2 v502 a v101 3x pds but no lame lol in one hh

Try getting an arrest raygun instead of seize.

Edited by tru

What about Dark Flow?

Well in the context of hunting Lame, you don't really want to be using the special because of zus, dorphins, und etc. Still does decent damage if it has the right stats, though.

What about Dark Flow?

You mean that Dark Flow is so common that any hunter should hunt with that ? =) *kidding*

Ep4 is sure a hard thing for a hunter... I usually get away by spamming all I have and targeting the strongest monsters. Killing priority will literally save your life.

One tip I would give is : do not waste time trying to paralyze/freeze monster individually (say NO to rayguns xD). Because yes, if you do it properly, you can kill a dorphon (by example) as fast as paralyze it. So why bother paralyzing it when you can just get rid of it ? (it would be a different story though if hunters were able to mass paralyze enemy, like a SN or AN can do. But we're talking about HU's right ? =)

As a hucaseal use your freeze trap on what can be frozen and kill the other one as fast as possible. With large crowd of monster, remember that confuse trap can be useful once in a while, as well as damage trap.

So what the hell did I even mention damage trap ?! will you perhaps say. Yes, damage trap is actually also useful for a handful things, such as interrupting Zu charge and doing overall damage which can get rid of nearly dead monsters. It buys you time.

Try to not move forward too fast, let the mobs wave appear and attract jumping astark/zu/dorphon away from the mob groups. One cannot simply kill a full wave of those three monsters all alone without extremely good skills & stuff.

Demon's and charge are your friends for high HP mobs, not freeze(except for astark)/paralyze.

Also, as a hunter, I found very useful if not necessary... slicers !

When you have a crowd of monster, sometime (most of it) you will have yowie and satellite lizard on the front line... which makes impossible shooting at all. You can use a good slicer to get rid of monsters behind the yowie/satellite lizard. Though it is really situationnel and am not even sure it does apply to MA4DMD

Also if you play a hucaseal remember that you can equip dual bird. It's a mechgun type made out from last swan and master raven. Less range than last swan and longer recover time after a combo, but muuuch more base atp. Can come handy in 1 vs 1 to fast kill a lonely dorphon/astark/zu.

Edited by Misombre

Twin Blaze and Arrest S-Rank Slicer/J-Cutter are very useful for android HUs.

I've though about gettin a zalure cutter, but those are probably 50+ PDs

Same with arrest cutters.

Here's an update.

Lvl 171 HuCaseal

Single Player Quest: Pioneer Spirit Ep 4

-I did that quest the entire HH yesterday, and let's say I had a wonderful success of drops as an Oran ID.

-Single player really makes hunting manageable without shifta/deband, not to mention an npc that heals and an npc that tanks in the quest!

Thanks for all the help guys.

• Like 1