For those dog owners! Kindly read and comment ;)

Mr Noob

I want a dog.. I have been thinking in Bull Terrier or American Stanford..The problem is that I live in an apartment and have like 8x8 meters backyard. So I think that's kinda reduced space for a medium-big size dog.

I don't really know whats the best race for me. I want it to be brave, charismatic and smart. On the other hand, I don't like small dogs. I am 6,3 feet (1.92 cm) so a small dog wouldn't look convenient to me hehe..

Any suggestions?

Big dogs will destroy your apartment. Trust me I know. I've owned pitbulls, boxers, rotweilers, German shepherds, and a German shepherd mix. At the moment I have a big Yorkie since he's bigger than your typical 7-10 pounds ones. He's almost 18 pounds athletic build surprisingly for a small dog. Have a pitbull/American bulldog mix. They are friendly but you need to socialize well with any dog you own. Because dogs just don't bite out of aggressiveness but believe it or not they bite out of fear too. Scared aggression they call it. Small dogs aren't that bad imo. I like them, you'll be surprised some dogs have a lot more energy than you might think. I run with the Yorkie and he is pretty damn fast and gives me a run for my money. Whatever you choose make sure to take care of it and not just get it to take pictures for your instagram and snapchat lol dogs need as much care as a kid would. Wish you best of luck on your selection bro.

I hear Malxerz is a good dog breed :P On a more serious note, I live in condo with my American eskimo dog and it's great! I love him. He's around 25 lbs so he's a bit on the small/medium size. Pretty much looks like a small white huskey who's happy all the time. He's very smart and charismatic. He'll walk up to people and say hi. He's always the center of attention at parties. Not bravest dog (but that might just be my eskie). I understand why you would want a bigger dog but I think you should stick more towards the medium size for now. Border collies are famously smart and playful (I've had good experiences with them). And lastly, the great Pyrenees is a calm, sweet, elegant large dog. Although they will get overheated if you live in a warm place (like me since I live in Florida).

Good luck!

I have a Labrador. She's a coward and a total dumbass, but she's adorable and sweet and I love her to bits. She has the habit of barking really loudly when someone knocks at the door, and since she's a big dog she's actually scared a couple of people off that way, so I guess she's a good security dog if it wasn't the fact that she'd run away to save her own skin rather than protect us XD

She also happens to be my first dog, so I don't really have much advice to give lol, but I second the Doberman suggestion. They do look so badass and they're supposed to be really smart. Of course, every dog has their own personality, so you never know what he/she will grow up to be.

Personally, I think as long as you exercise your dog well, then the size of your place doesn't really matter much. As long as there's enough room to walk around and for the dog to have their own bed area, and perhaps enough room to play a little fetch, then it should be fine.

Let us know what you decide to get! :D

boxer they are smart n strong orrrr a chow they are adorable yet still big enough

Edited by icipher
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone who commented! I apologize for the late reply. A friend of mine told me about to possibility of adopting a homeless pet, so I have been from place to place looking for my new Mr Dogcast. Unfortunately, most of the animals I have seen have been physically abused by their old owners. Some others are really sick and need much love and medical attention to recover. And some others have been mutilated by vehicles. Its really sad to see what this animals have suffered due to the lack of attention and aggressiveness of their owners. I hope this is not the case here. If you have a pet, love it, feed it, take him out to do exercises, respect him and never teach him to bite people. Some cases on there, were animals abandoned by their owners because of people who shown them to bite other people, that at the end resulted in an animal out of control.

Mascots are not only there to protect, or to be used for presuming, but also to be loved.

I have to temporally suspend my research, because I have to move to another location. But I hope to renew on the next couple of weeks.