Time Attack Leaderboard

TA leaderboard  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should this server have a time attack leaderboard

• Yes
    • No

In my opinion a leaderboard would actually motivate new players to have better gears and trace better strategies to deal with certain enemie spawns, etc. I really think this would motivate players to improve themselves.

That's exactly what it would do, people will actually try to learn new quests and the fastest way to complete it

Yes Shoutgu, it's mostly about skill, strategies and tactics, but having exceptional gear does play a role too. There's only so much you can do if you simply don't have the required area %s on certain weapons to kill spawn X quickly (for example, needing 2 combos instead of 1, or 3 instead of 2, or w/e), or not having sufficient hit on weapon Y so you won't be able to kill enemy Z fast (say hello to Episode 2) ...

This probably holds more true to soloing as in a party people can cover each others' weakness.

Anyway, here's an example. When I was hunting Hylian on RAcast (starting the runs around the level 140 region), I had the CCA part down to a science purely from playing it so often. I didn't have optimal weapons for that hunt - FS, Hell Laser 30 hit, Zalure Shot, PR with no %, Spread Needle with hit and an Iron Faust with a bit of Native and Machine. With that, I could reach the boss in about 6-7 minutes or so, I don't remember how long it took. For the boss, I only had an Iron Faust with 45 A.Beast because that's the best Panzer I could find in all my hunts (never found one with hit).

When I was already past level 180, I allowed a level 110 RAcast friend to tag along so he could gain some Exp. He had at least 1 (possibly even 2) DM with the "usual" 2x100+80h stats (borrowed from his team master) and despite the low level, he totally destroyed Gal Gryphon. It truly made me feel inadequate because I often had to do NNH combos simply because I couldn't do any better with no hit on the Iron Faust. The CCA run also was quite a bit faster, even though he didn't really use much of a strategy there - mostly lazy DM spam. He could get away with it simply because of how OP the sphered DM is, whereas I had to play carefully, more like old Gamecube PSO style ...

Edited by El Socko
  • Like 1

I completely agree on this being a thing. It will promote more competitiveness and want people strive to do better. No prizes though. Just for the fun of it. No need for prizes and for the part with better gear will get better times not always true. Like socko said it also has to do with skill. I've seen some players here I dare not mention to avoid drama that can't even use dm or df right. It's quite embarrassing. Unless those items were given to them recently as a gift it's weird that their skill level wouldn't be up to par with the gear they have. Anywho I am no one to bash on anyone but this should be given a try. I personally enjoy the adrenaline filled environment TA gives. Trying to race against time there's no bigger rush than that

I'm just saying: you're going to feed so many hungry egos with an idea like this. Leaderboards, while not necessarily a bad idea because they encourage competition amongst players, are really nothing more than laying down stakes for bragging rights. The luck of the hunts is enough already. Think about it, how many people on this server, when they find a really good drop, will return to the lobby and immediately start bragging about it? What if one of those people had an excuse to brag in the long term?

Again, not a bad idea, but think of the negatives to this sort of thing as well.

feeding one's ego will prob turn them into dbags most time, :/ experienced with other kinds of leader boards.

It will get really annoying having one dude go 24/7 i'm like the fastest in ttf nobody can beat me, (i specially hacked to do it in 4 minutes kek)

Also you all will be giving work to soly and prob chuk too :/

edit: let's consider player attitude and the work some peoples will have into this

Edited by cyane
  • Like 1

so whats the point of suggesting anything if GMs turn around and say no all the time. without the players this server would be dead. im sure players would be willing to do the work if GMs dont want to.

• Like 1

While I do care about being the best with techs, I don't mind either way about having a time attack leaderboard. If someone has the fastest time, and they brag about having the fastest time, I think that's fine. It's true, so I don't see the problem. If some people are bothered by not being the best at something, maybe they should do something about it, instead of complaining. If you don't care about being the fastest at a quest, then you shouldn't care if someone brags about their time. If you do care, you should be happy that you have good competition, because that makes it more interesting and fun for you to try to beat them.

• Like 4

feeding one's ego will prob turn them into dbags most time, :/ experienced with other kinds of leader boards.

It will get really annoying having one dude go 24/7 i'm like the fastest in ttf nobody can beat me, (i specially hacked to do it in 4 minutes kek)

Also you all will be giving work to soly and prob chuk too :/

edit: let's consider player attitude and the work some peoples will have into this

Consider how much we donate...

Edit: You could say well that money goes to larva then ok I donate to Soly if he does it, if money became an issue of course

Edited by Colorado Wilson

i can see it being fun but i think the down fall will be the fact not everyone will have the same start with the same gear some could get a fast time with like 4 player DF or with red rings or something (i dont really know what is the best end game gear XD) but then again i still think it would be cool to have it there even if its just to beat a personal best time as that could help people keep there drive to play cause they have something to aim for :3 i know on schthack once i finished stages i would replay them one for fun but mostly to try and get a faster personal time :3

ok, it looks like GMs dont want to participate in the creation of a Time attack leaderboard so its down to players to do it...i guess

if larva can say that he would 100% implement this idea then ill be willing to do what i can.

Does anyone have any idea where to start/ or have good knowledge in working with code

ok, it looks like GMs dont want to participate in the creation of a Time attack leaderboard so its down to players to do it...i guess

if larva can say that he would 100% implement this idea then ill be willing to do what i can.

Does anyone have any idea where to start/ or have good knowledge in working with code

Way back we payed for lees tool to make new weapons, perhaps we could pay Soda for his code?

If he did pay to soly for the effort and all that now expecting him to do it just because you all want is pretty greedy.

I did present the idea to larva even if i don't like it :3

But if there's too much drama about the tops i'll be sure to follow our rules and hammer if there's name callings and other things happening due to this.

Be civilized so you can keep earning new things, is all i ask.

Edited by cyane

If he did pay to soly for the effort and all that now expecting him to do it just because you all want is pretty greedy.

I did present the idea to larva even if i don't like it :3

But if there's too much drama about the tops i'll be sure to follow our rules and hammer if there's name callings and other things happening due to this.

Be civilized so you can keep earning new things, is all i ask.

I didn't say i expect Soly to do it. If Soly doesnt want to invest time into this project then he doesnt have to. You can ban whoever makes drama when that actually happens, but for now everything seems fine

Way back we payed for lees tool to make new weapons, perhaps we could pay Soda for his code?

Maybe i guess i could ask.