Godrics

Well, it should be fixed. Even with the boost, fomar is still barely tolerable since every weapon that could benefit him does not work:

• Master Raven - Doesn't combo on this server.
  • L&K38 Combat - Doesn't combo on this server.
  • Psycho Raven - Not usable by fomar.
  • Excalibur - Does no damage in episode 2 central control area and seabeds. Even with 100 hit, misses on most enemies.
  • Anything with demons - Good luck hitting anything in central control area and seabeds.

The stats on the armor aren't great. It was the boosts that were decent. I challenge Larva to try to solo Purple Lamplight (final episode 2 government quest) on a fomar with any 100% weapons and with godmode turned on. When he still doesn't finish it in less than 2 hours with cheats on, he'll see the problem with fomar.

Edited by kajex
  • Like 7

The problem with fomar is this:

• ATA is so incredibly low that all weapons suck in central control area and seabeds.
  • Fomar's tech boosts (gi techs) don't get incredible boosts from any of our server-exclusive items. Virus shield (gi boost) is a much lower boost than hylian shield (ra boost). Fonewm is far more useful than fomar for techs based on our existing items.
  • Most weapons that would benefit fomar are very difficult to get. Girasole and Vivienne have the same ATP. Fomarl can just use vivienne which drops like candy. Fomar gets to wait once a year for the December event and hope to get the right boss to get it to drop. Then if you're lucky enough to get one with 0 hit, you get to donate or trade for donation tickets to make the hit high enough to deal damage to all of episode 1 and 2. Fomarl also has a long-range gun with Rambling May which is obtainable by events or as a quest reward. The only long-range guns that were great on fomar are combo locked.
  • Episode 1 and 2 are incredibly buffed. The EVP of enemies makes weapons useless, but the enemy resistances make fomar tech damage horrific, even with the best tech boosts available. This really is a problem for most forces. Try to solo Gal Gryphon, Episode 2 dragon, Vol Opt, Falz, or Olga Flow on any force. This is very unlike episode 4 where any force can beat shambertin into submission.

The issue is really that we cannot have the discussion to re-balance episode 1 and 2. Fomar does fine in episode 4, but fomarl is mostly better due to the readily available weapons that make her rock and the more useful tech boosts... and slightly higher ata. Forces really should be as good in episode 1 and 2 as they are in 4, but they never have been.

• Like 3

I challenge Larva to try to solo Purple Lamplight (final episode 2 government quest) on a fomar with any 100% weapons and with godmode turned on. When he still doesn't finish it in less than 2 hours with cheats on, he'll see the problem with fomar.

PEER PRESSURE.PEER PRESSURE.PEER PRESSURE.PEER PRESSURE.PEER PRESSURE.

• Like 1

Nessly's the only force ive ever seen solo a TTF and with a fonewm .

its definitely not impossible to solo episode 2 with a force , it would just take a very long time to do it .

still , i agree with all this.

Forces are my favorite class, especially male forces. If I knew Godrics cloak was broken I never would've made a FOmar in the first place. There's no point. I think the fonewm should be able to use Godrics cloak too (if/when it gets fixed), I know it wouldn't make sense with the description, but he really needs it too. I would donate money to server to see this happen :o it would also be nice to get a nice gun for the male forces. Like if L&K 38 got unlocked then only usable only by male forces. Or just make a new item that looks and acts like L&K but is different in a few ways. I was ecstatic to see Rico's Parasol. It's a manly, well designed buff for male forces :P Hunting for it was fun too ^^ I look forward to more male force support since they're my favorite class in the game.

Edited by tru

Nessly's the only force ive ever seen solo a TTF and with a fonewm .

its definitely not impossible to solo episode 2 with a force , it would just take a very long time to do it .

still , i agree with all this.

I've solo'd ttf with a FOnewm. It took me like an hour and some scape dolls. Dark Falz is the really hard part.

Man, go Kajex go! I can echo every sentiment with Triforcer. As best I have tried with all the gear I could find for him, he's still at best a barely tolerable FO, a lousy psuedo HU and a rather pathetic wanna-be RA. A battle FO, but a rather pathetic one in ultimate none the less. At least when Godric's Cloak was working, I hit a LITTLE better... *sigh* Thank God I kept his old Aura Field in case something like this happened...

Please Larva, fix this at your earliest convenience man, thanks in advance sir!

• Like 1