Ultima's Official Price Guide

kajex

• 3 weeks later...

materials price will vary depending on whether rare monsters is on or not, but they can go for 5:1 or 10:1 usually for pow or hp with rares off/on, mind mats usually lean towards 10:1 more often since they are not as sought after as pow are, and def/evade mats are almost always cheap since very rarely used.

Luck mats however are kinda difficult to get, they can be a few pds each (1 dedicated hh of luck mat farming only gets about 20 of them on average, would easily get a several hundred pow/mind/hp mats in 3 hours with rare monsters and no hh on).

Addslots are easy to get too, ive never bothered to charge for them or seen them actually sold much, but id say similar value to mind mats, similar usefulness, demand, and kind of hunt (7/8 drop from easily farmed rare monster).

A nice non-rare weapon like a 50 hit hell raygun / 50hit arrest raygun / 50 hit charge vulcans / etc can go for a good 7-10 pds ish.

Did not expect that the price of AddSlots will be THAT low (I expected 4/5 for 1 PD), but hey on 1 run to N VR temple I can get up to 9, while clearing 5 rooms!

• 3 weeks later...

So get someone to update it or remove it as a pinned topic

Is there a way the community can get together and... Work out some accuracy on the outdated list?

Price of the items are a bit hard to define, factors like hit, percentages, status and how many are around/events etc, make it really hard to price something, for example, red ring during events might get a bit more expensive because, finding one with redria (usually the only option during events) is a terrible and hard hunt.

Even having everybody going together and do a price list, after a month or a new event, things would change a bit.

The best way to solve is to ask any active old players, (there's lots!!) and they will pretty much give a hand sorting prices.

But it's easy to know that most 1/2 drops are worth 1 pd, but if you find them over a certain amount of hit they might be worth a bit more etc etc.

Edit: even if we had a defined price for everything many would still price "how they want"

Edited by cyane

Well tbh the entire guide needs to be reworked, but it's not needed... Just price things based on what they are worth to you and if the item isn't selling that means lower your price :)

Which is why you price things out as if there isn't an event running and have a second value for event items for prices during events.

It doesn't have to be an exact value, just a rough number.

That's why it's a 'guide'.

But if it really isn't needed then requesting unpin

Edit: Still would have been nice to have an idea what things might be worth on this server's screwed up economy...

Edited by Blaster_Tails

Yeah, when I looked at it about v101 prices, it was a bit shocking! 8-12 PDs? Wha...? PDs are so rare that I thought it will be worth 1-2... also God/units = Skyly/Purplenum + VH + Caves + rares on. And guide says... 1 PD each? THIS IS MADNESS!!! (100% reference) I recall buying a few of those (like 2-4) with 1 PD. If God/Units would've such prices I'd be swimming in money!

Yeah, when I looked at it about v101 prices, it was a bit shocking! 8-12 PDs? Wha...? PDs are so rare that I thought it will be worth 1-2... also God/units = Skyly/Purplenum + VH + Caves + rares on. And guide says... 1 PD each? THIS IS MADNESS!!! (100% reference) I recall buying a few of those (like 2-4) with 1 PD. If God/Units would've such prices I'd be swimming in money!

Since heavenly units drop easy too, they are about 1pd on most cases.

I'll be looking at this guide a bit to see what can be done. Still all is subjective to the player selling.

Still all is subjective to the player selling.

That's why it's a guide, work with the community and gather rough prices for stuff so there'll be something a new player can look at to make sure they aren't getting ripped off too much.