Value of the RED RING

Necrolust

So, many are probably wondering how much a Red Ring is worth. I myself was starting to question the value of this item a while back.

Right now, most people say a Red Ring costs around 80 PD's. Yet, when included in auctions and tradelists, people lower the value of them. Why is that?

Not only are there a lot of Red Rings in the market, most of them end up sitting in people's banks. I find that 80 PD's is asking a little too much for an Item a majority of the players have. And in most cases they never use it, it lies in wait till someone is selling a High-Value object like Wedding Dress, or PGF.

It is easily hunted with a Whitill, and has a low equip level (108).

So, what is the true value of this item? When I see people trading it, they usually price it around 40-60 PD's.

What do you think the value of a Red Ring should be?

Should we stick with the 80 PD standard? Or lower the price in favor of spreading these Rings around?

Your response is welcome and appreciated.

Edited by Necrolust
  • Like 2

There is no fixed price for an item. I usually look at :

• how hard is it to obtain
  • how useful is it
  • how awesome does it look

I would never pay more than 50 - 60PDs for a RR. And I also don't care about the def and evp being maxed or anything like that. The 2 things that makes RR such an useful item is the 20 ATA boost past base, and the LCK. As for the other 2 factors, it's not hard to get, and doesn't really looks awesome.

• Like 1

well i think it should be around 60 - 70 pds thats a fair price .. if maxed should be like 150 pds .. IMO ..

Still a little steep in my opinion. Why is a GLIDE DIVINE only worth 80 PD's when its a LOT (1/1500-1800 I think?) harder to get, and VERY useful for Forces?

I have given many standard stat Red Rings away. I feel that 80 is decent considering what it does, but I think the rarity of it doesn't match the price.

Are you saying that it should be worth more? Or less? It isn't a very rare item. 3/4th of all level 200 players own about 2 Red Rings from what I have seen.

There is no fixed price for an item. I usually look at :

• how hard is it to obtain
  • how useful is it
  • how awesome does it look

I would never pay more than 50 - 60PDs for a RR. And I also don't care about the def and evp being maxed or anything like that. The 2 things that makes RR such an useful item is the 20 ATA boost past base, and the LCK. As for the other 2 factors, it's not hard to get, and doesn't really looks awesome.

I agree with this for the most part, It is not very unique, seeing as everyone has either this, Wedding Dress, FTD, or a Standstill Shield equipped. It is not very hard to get if you have a class set up for hunting it. And with HH activated, I'd say an average of 4 are hunted. Then there are the people who randomly find one. It's just too common to be worth 80 PD's anymore.

• Like 2

As i always say all items are for the price the owner/buyer wants to be paid or pay for it. Its to the personal value of the items. A dude may think a chicken nugget is worth a dollar out his box because he has high value for it. He was hungry+ hes kinda broke+how much he went through to get it+its his favorite brand of chicken nugget+ he may just not like yo ass. Then the other guy may say its worthless or its worth a quarter for various opposing reasons.

Edited by Pin
  • Like 1

You also have to look at demand. A year ago noone cared about Glide Divine because there were fewer good FOs on the server. It was seriously worth 15 pds and Adepts were like 20 pds.

I also don't think that PDs are exactly the best measure anymore due to the fact that Sranks are more popular and pds are actually useful nowadays. So maybe like a chart? Based off something stable. Like

v101 = v502

RR = 3x v101

i dunno. But the whole 60pds is a good estimate (today... who knows a month from now)

i think that one of the GMs or some users should work and make a PD price list for ultima that way no one will feel cheated or in my case you would know how much to sell your stuff for

Problem with that, is it would ruin the economy. People make money by ripping each other off. If we knew what everything costed, it would simply be a matter of getting the PDs to buy it, and finding someone who's bored enough to hunt it. They would already know they are only getting a set amount of PDs for that item though, so there's little motivation to hunt for anything expensive.

• Like 1

Price of most items is set by offer and need. We once had a pricelist, but it's hard to find a price for an item that suits everybody.

PS: The -rep on oswalds post was a smartphone accident, I cancelled it out xD

Price of most items is set by offer and need. We once had a pricelist, but it's hard to find a price for an item that suits everybody.

http://www.phantasys...__fromsearch__1

A pricelist will never work because there are too many variables to consider (Rarity, Supply/Demand, Percents, Time of year etc.). To me, my RR (223 DFP) is worth 3x more than a standard RR (150 DFP), to you it's not. I would pay 200pds for one, you wouldn't. The valuation is set by the seller, that's the way it will work. The thing with Red Ring's now is, the Supply has gone up, demand has gone down. So really, for a normal RR, it should be no more than 40/50 pds.