vashvhexx

Best Ranger  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Best Ranger Class?

• RAmar
    • RAmarl
    • RAcast
    • RAcaseal

(hi new to here but old player to PSO, not hardcore lvl 200 but lots hours/characters)

I'm coming, far, far later but wouldn't it be more productive to really find the strength out of each class and develop on what they can do more than just elitism.

I played lots of different characters and I'm currently trying the Racaseal with a friend who's playing Hucaseal, which seems to be considered as choices you shouldn't make. But we enjoy it don't feel we're being useless or faa-ar weaker or anything.

I come on this guide hoping to see some advice and the result is : "Take another character".

The only thing productive I saw was the word "Tank".

So all I can think is : "Nice, I like high HP and evasion so I can guard often". Which doesn't change a lot from what I was thinking before coming :onion-head72: .

Even without being an expert I know what Racast/Ramar/Ramarl are good for, so, nice advice for Racaseal would make a guide far more valuable than your everyday "Racast rules, only play them".

I mean... let's say Racaseal were indeed almost worthless and challenging as hell. It's much more reason to guide and give nice advices !

Anyway. really like Ultima so far and I'll see how far I'll dive into it. Hope I'm not breaking any rule with this message, like "don't post on 4 years old topics :onion-head77: .

Holy Necro, Batman!

While the guide is right that she's probably the worst ranger, she is playable in parties and not the worst of all classes. She has the advantages of being an android; better paralyze/confuse/kings/freeze, traps, iron faust, gratia shield (30 ata to all yasminkovs, can have 1 more ata than ramarl and 2 more than ramar too if you add kroes!), but her soloing is not as good as racast with her low atp and no psycho ravens (even if she used rambling may she will still have like 370 less atp and only 2 bullet attacks instead of 3), and also android reduced demons 25/45 instead of 50/75. Compared to Racast she trades 175 less atp for 7 more ata (17 more with kroes), so although she doesn't do as much damage and is worse at soloing, she can be much more accurate and not need as much hit on her gear (arrest needle has more than enough base ata for racast to do fine with it though, so android arrest bonus doesn't mean as much for her specifically). Compared to ramarl, she's similar in stats (when using gratia+yasminkovs, otherwise less ata) but ramarl has 20 techs to solo with. A ramar can solo very well too with his 15 s/d and a zal srank, and is much stronger and more accurate without the need for specific gear yasminkovs w/specials and gratia. Basically every other ranger can do more things just as well or better than racaseal can. Racaseal is still playable though, ranger is a strong class regardless.

Ultima is my second real PSO experience (my brief Schthack venture doesn't count), before that I only played DC/GC.

So on DC and GC, my tro main characters were a HUnewearl and a RAcaseal. The hunter stayed atound level 100 but I raised my ranger solo to level 140+, and I found it easy

And now I learn she doesn't even compare to other rangers. I guess that the RAmarl I started here will be a breeze then?