vashvhexx

Best Ranger  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Best Ranger Class?

• RAmar
    • RAmarl
    • RAcast
    • RAcaseal

sorry bout da long comment earlier wit all dose words but my point is what is more important, being among the absolute elite of the game using the (near) exact class/equipment as the next elite, or jus complete enjoyment of the game from playin da way u want? in the end the racast will kill munstaz/bosses alil faster but datz itz. its nuthin dat would make pso less enjoyable. i agree wit justice 90% but i think it wasnt neccessary to say racaseal was "useless" when she a pro can still run thru da game easily wit her.

this isnt on topic but ,correct me zyn, atp in this game is converted to damage by da followin equation

D = A/5 - A(.1)

where D is the damage given and A is the atp of a weapon or character. to prove it, equip a brand. it has 100 atp. (havent used a brand in a wile) divide 100 by 5 u get 20. 10%(.1) of 20 is 2. 20 - 2 is 18.

when u equip a brand, u will approximately do 18 more pts of dmg. the equation is approximate but will work most of the time. try it out 4 urself. this is done witout buffs of course. now do dat wit 175 atp. (where did i get 175 atp from?)

dam im such a nerdy pimp

Kind of. That's only with normal attacks, though.

This is how damage is calculated:

((ATP-DFP)/5)*Damage Multiplier.

Fill Damage Multiplier with either:

0.90 for Normal. (This is where you get your 1/10 of whatever divided by 5)

1.89 for Hard.

3.32 for Sacrifical.

5.56 for Vjaya Charge (Note: Vjaya is the strongest weapon in the game. Unfortunately... It's rather expensive).

Add 1.5 onto the number if you score a critical hit.

But of course... how do we calculate ATP?

For maximum ATP on a variable weapon striking, this is the equation:

[base ATP x (Shifta Power (0.xxx) + 1.0)] + [Maximum Weapon ATP x (Attribute Percentage + 1.0)] + [(Maximum Weapon ATP - Minimum Weapon ATP) x Shifta Power] + (Grind x 2) + Armour ATP + Shield ATP = ATP

For minimum ATP on a variable weapon striking, remove [(Maximum Weapon ATP - Minimum Weapon ATP x Shifta Power)] and go with that.

• Like 1

Kind of. That's only with normal attacks, though.

This is how damage is calculated:

((ATP-DFP)/5)*Damage Multiplier.

Fill Damage Multiplier with either:

0.90 for Normal. (This is where you get your 1/10 of whatever divided by 5)

1.89 for Hard.

3.32 for Sacrifical.

5.56 for Vjaya Charge (Note: Vjaya is the strongest weapon in the game. Unfortunately... It's rather expensive).

Add 1.5 onto the number if you score a critical hit.

But of course... how do we calculate ATP?

For maximum ATP on a variable weapon striking, this is the equation:

[base ATP x (Shifta Power (0.xxx) + 1.0)] + [Maximum Weapon ATP x (Attribute Percentage + 1.0)] + [(Maximum Weapon ATP - Minimum Weapon ATP) x Shifta Power] + (Grind x 2) + Armour ATP + Shield ATP = ATP

For minimum ATP on a variable weapon striking, remove [(Maximum Weapon ATP - Minimum Weapon ATP x Shifta Power)] and go with that.

oh shlt i aint even think bout hard or special attackz lawl i totally 4got. u really broke it down. altho mine was based on how much damage is added when equipping weapons, not when particularly attackin enemies altho i aint specify dat so dat was my bad. i knew u would cum 4 da save tho. a simple way for variable dmg, jus put the minimum atp into my equation solve it then plug in da maximum atp solve it n there u go. altho u r rite, i think its simpler jus to calculate how much added damage there is from weapons atp. actually lookin at da beastiary to find monster def values is kinda a chore since ur more likely to know a weapons atp then a monsters def. but really tho thx 4 da equation, i am secretly (or was) a math fanatic! :onion-head69:

ok i give up ..i know elite like me have to stand down...to the sexy trash cans like chuk said...ya win..i lost... so life goes on..

aye grace im un ur side case u aint kne. im all bout playin da char dat makes u happy. i mean hell i main the NOOBmar lawl but yah i could care less bout eliteness on pso now. if i HAD to pay to play, then i would b by da bookz, but this is free (i donate tho) so im gonna fuk around alot lawl

See, the whole thing of it is for me, I'm normally not trying to min/max statistics. As a result, I tend to prefer what most would call underdog characters. My main is a RAcaseal, my second main is a HUnewerl. According to this thread, they both suck. I'm not seeing it. I enjoy playing my RAcaseal... so I can't clear stuff in record time... who cares? This isn't a race to me, its not about shaving 2 minutes off of a quest so I can do it again and grind some more. That's called a "job". I enjoy playing my HUnewerl because she has far more utility than a HUmar (sorry, but not being able to cast Shifta or Deband is a huge turnoff if I'm playing a non-android character).

To set the record straight, I have a RAcast now as well, that I group with my wife. His name is HK357A (Viridia). Got him to level 23 so far and yeah, he really is about as sexy as a trashcan. He's fun too, but not in the same way that Ifurita is to me.

There are some classes I won't run because I think that they are ugly as $#!% (FOnewm for example), despite the fact that they're just better at their job. If everyone was supposed to play top tier characters and the absolute best at everything then the only classes would exist is the one or two race/class combos that are thought to be the best and no other options would be available. All these options exist because they all play differently in some way.

Your way of playing may be elite-ist top tier, but I'm a casual player for the most part. I'll do all of the same content you do, but I'm not stressing over if my race/class combination is going to be absolute best endgame. Justice and Zynetic are not wrong, I simply disagree with the playstyle in general. You have fun grining the hell out of something to get that extra 2 ATP, I'll be busy having fun elsewhere B)

Edited by Sephiroth781

See, the whole thing of it is for me, I'm normally not trying to min/max statistics. As a result, I tend to prefer what most would call underdog characters. My main is a RAcaseal, my second main is a HUnewerl. According to this thread, they both suck. I'm not seeing it. I enjoy playing my RAcaseal... so I can't clear stuff in record time... who cares? This isn't a race to me, its not about shaving 2 minutes off of a quest so I can do it again and grind some more. That's called a "job". I enjoy playing my HUnewerl because she has far more utility than a HUmar (sorry, but not being able to cast Shifta or Deband is a huge turnoff if I'm playing a non-android character).

To set the record straight, I have a RAcast now as well, that I group with my wife. His name is HK357A (Viridia). Got him to level 23 so far and yeah, he really is about as sexy as a trashcan. He's fun too, but not in the same way that Ifurita is to me.

There are some classes I won't run because I think that they are ugly as $#!% (FOnewm for example), despite the fact that they're just better at their job. If everyone was supposed to play top tier characters and the absolute best at everything then the only classes would exist is the one or two race/class combos that are thought to be the best and no other options would be available. All these options exist because they all play differently in some way.

Your way of playing may be elite-ist top tier, but I'm a casual player for the most part. I'll do all of the same content you do, but I'm not stressing over if my race/class combination is going to be absolute best endgame. Justice and Zynetic are not wrong, I simply disagree with the playstyle in general. You have fun grining the hell out of something to get that extra 2 ATP, I'll be busy having fun elsewhere B)

my HUmar dont suck kuz he hav his 4 HOmarls do his huntin 4 him lawl. but yah im all bout da fun n racaseals hav ben nerfed sumwat since d/c, jus like HUmar but datz kinda here nor there

I agree with that completely... if I understood what you said right, lol

Anyway. Did get further with my RAcast. He's fun, but I'm wishing I made him a little smaller. When using a shot, his off hand is above the weapon gripping a handle that is neither in existence or anywhere near the weapon period. I lol'd when I saw that the first time. Thankfully, I can't see that animation problem from the character's rear... point of fact, I can't see much of anything from the character's rear.

There's only one thing I don't understand:

I'm always told "Play PSO for fun, just play RAcaseals and HUnewearls and whatever class you think looks good!", but what if I find doing things quickly is... fun? :\

I actually have a RAcaseal and HUnewearl, I just rather play my RAcast and HUcast because they're so much better.

People say it all the time "playing to be good isn't fun!", but I genuinely find it enjoyable. I much prefer it than being those minutes slower, as I'm able to level quicker, get my items quicker, and well, just enjoy the game more as I feel like I'm doing something well.

I don't want to feel like I'm not playing well, even on the classes that aren't exactly top-tier (basically, no matter what I play, I will try to play it to its top efficiency).

(Don't worry, I'm not saying you're saying anything bad, this is really just a message to those people who rant and rage because people are 'elitist' or whatever... They're only that way because they enjoy playing for fun in their way)

Edited by Zynetic
  • Like 1

There's only one thing I don't understand:

I'm always told "Play PSO for fun, just play RAcaseals and HUnewearls and whatever class you think looks good!", but what if I find doing things quickly is... fun? :\

I actually have a RAcaseal and HUnewearl, I just rather play my RAcast and HUcast because they're so much better.

People say it all the time "playing to be good isn't fun!", but I genuinely find it enjoyable. I much prefer it than being those minutes slower, as I'm able to level quicker, get my items quicker, and well, just enjoy the game more as I feel like I'm doing something well.

I don't want to feel like I'm not playing well, even on the classes that aren't exactly top-tier (basically, no matter what I play, I will try to play it to its top efficiency).

(Don't worry, I'm not saying you're saying anything bad, this is really just a message to those people who rant and rage because people are 'elitist' or whatever... They're only that way because they enjoy playing for fun in their way)

zyn i have 2 agree wit u here. but the thing i think seph n grace is gettin at is ,yah we understand racast are statistically betta than racaseals, but dont discourage ppl from playin them n encourage ppl to play racast bekuz of da fact. you aint put it dat way. its dat justice put it in a way like racaseals are worse class in da game there useless WTFTANKRANGERLOL!! etc etc. i think guides in general (unless for elite advance players/strategies) shouldnt be baised. we understand racasts hab betta stats, but its no point in discouragaing ppl from racaseals n callin them useless. (again datz from justice's guide) kuz in da end, 99.9% of players would use da same strategies n equips on a racasts/racaseal in hi level games. overall this has been a strong discussion if i do say so myself

Well said, dave. That earns ya 2 photon burgers. XD

And just to add my 2 cents; I play a racase for the same reasons as Seph stated above. She's under-appreciated and somewhat of an underdog. Besides that,I play the game mostly just to socialize with friends while shooting boomas on the forearm. I don't think I've ever caught myself making an issue out of having the best stats, or the best gear in the game. Personally, PSO has never been a competitive game for me but respect those that prefer otherwise. If you enjoy that aspect of the game - more power to ya. Anyway, that's all I have to say. XD

Well said, dave. That earns ya 2 photon burgers. XD

And just to add my 2 cents; I play a racase for the same reasons as Seph stated above. She's under-appreciated and somewhat of an underdog. Besides that,I play the game mostly just to socialize with friends while shooting boomas on the forearm. I don't think I've ever caught myself making an issue out of having the best stats, or the best gear in the game. Personally, PSO has never been a competitive game for me but respect those that prefer otherwise. If you enjoy that aspect of the game - more power to ya. Anyway, that's all I have to say. XD

flame-broiled wit onions plz =P

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

(hi new to here but old player to PSO, not hardcore lvl 200 but lots hours/characters)

I'm coming, far, far later but wouldn't it be more productive to really find the strength out of each class and develop on what they can do more than just elitism.

I played lots of different characters and I'm currently trying the Racaseal with a friend who's playing Hucaseal, which seems to be considered as choices you shouldn't make. But we enjoy it don't feel we're being useless or faa-ar weaker or anything.

I come on this guide hoping to see some advice and the result is : "Take another character".

The only thing productive I saw was the word "Tank".

So all I can think is : "Nice, I like high HP and evasion so I can guard often". Which doesn't change a lot from what I was thinking before coming :onion-head72: .

Even without being an expert I know what Racast/Ramar/Ramarl are good for, so, nice advice for Racaseal would make a guide far more valuable than your everyday "Racast rules, only play them".

I mean... let's say Racaseal were indeed almost worthless and challenging as hell. It's much more reason to guide and give nice advices !

Anyway. really like Ultima so far and I'll see how far I'll dive into it. Hope I'm not breaking any rule with this message, like "don't post on 4 years old topics :onion-head77: .

Edited by Waji Hemisphere