Green names command suggestion

pishion

Well to be honest this could be handy for many players and also will helps the developers by far during further events about people complaining about long period of green names and they want white names or viceversa....

Well some GM would dislike the idea at this point so ill explain my point, during this triforce event the names were switched from green to white and viceversa a couple of times, almost every 4 or 5 days... this is an issue by both sides devolopers need to switch it and hear people complaining about this action because it change the way of farming in more than one farmable drop. So there can be a pretty good solution for this issue... A command, this command can be used during event or green names date time only and by default its on. 

Saying this the command could be /setname 0 (on) 1 (off)

I stole the idea from Mio y aún quiero mi hijo!!! soy su fan!!!

• Like 2

Interesting idea.  I'm not sure how this would effect event drop rates since the rarity of monsters would change.

I don't get what you mean with this whole thing.

Are you suggesting a way to disable the increased increased rare monster rate?
If so, I can just do it like the increased experience rate.

30 minutes ago, Soly said:

Are you suggesting a way to disable the increased increased rare monster rate?
If so, I can just do it like the increased experience rate.

I think thats exacly what he means. Actually i think its a good idea, not a must have. Sometimes can be handy to not have green names on (for example to farm shamb for STA and reducing the number of kond ecounters).

Edited by jezbuz

1 hour ago, jezbuz said:

Sometimes can be handy to not have green names on (for example to farm shamb for STA and reducing the number of kond ecounters).

That's the only thing I can see being a problem here.  Is that we build the drop tables with this in mind, and will have to adjust the rate based on this being a thing.  Not that that's an issue, but I can see it being annoying for players who play with the rare monsters not knowing they can turn it off and getting frustrated about the drop being so hard when they only run into 1 non-rare every run.

40 minutes ago, Lemon said:

That's the only thing I can see being a problem here.  Is that we build the drop tables with this in mind, and will have to adjust the rate based on this being a thing.  Not that that's an issue, but I can see it being annoying for players who play with the rare monsters not knowing they can turn it off and getting frustrated about the drop being so hard when they only run into 1 non-rare every run.

Dont missunderstand my point lemon, so far i had plaid here the events goes like this 1 week with green names, next goes normal and so on. Instead switching green names or normal just make just the command to disable the names bonus. This way the event season can run full green names and the players can deactivate this bonus if they want to hunt non rare monster.

This pluging would be a win win for both sides, players can get the names they desire during events and staff will never hear again "please set off green names i want normal monsters"

Also adding the room info in green letters mean the host has the green name enabled and if its like right now with white info at the start means the host has the green names disabled this way you can join games and know if the host has or not the bonus enabled.

Finally the option of green names its enabled by default this way the new players don't miss green names during events.

Also, im not asking full events with green names, im just asking the choice to disable this bonus if they are on, at the end of the day if the staff want to run a mini event or main even with full white names its the staff choice not our choice :)

Edited by pishion

I don't think this is a bad idea.

I just wanted to point out that we base drop rates off of how rare a monster is.  So when we put a drop on Shamby, we do so knowing that green names will be on so it'll be rarer than normal.  So we make it a lower rate than if green names weren't going to be on, because we know that Kondy will be showing up more than Shamby.  So all I was saying was that we'd have to adjust the rate to compensate.

20 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I don't think this is a bad idea.

I just wanted to point out that we base drop rates off of how rare a monster is.  So when we put a drop on Shamby, we do so knowing that green names will be on so it'll be rarer than normal.  So we make it a lower rate than if green names weren't going to be on, because we know that Kondy will be showing up more than Shamby.  So all I was saying was that we'd have to adjust the rate to compensate.

Actually that's a good point.
But then we should not rely on that to decide such drop rates.

1 hour ago, Lemon said:

Not that that's an issue, but I can see it being annoying for players who play with the rare monsters not knowing they can turn it off and getting frustrated about the drop being so hard when they only run into 1 non-rare every run.

I understand your point and thats a good point you got there, but i partially agree that would be even a problem.

Lets think in the new player perspective (because this specific group of player will be the most affected for not knowing the command). Assuming they know about they can hunt a STA with a specifc ID from a specific Mob (in this case shamb) and they don't have enough gear to solo it, they would have:

1) Have the correct ID to get the drop, so they make a room and wait for other people to help him;

2) They would have to join a made room;

In the first case, assuming 3 players join his room, it has a great chance of one of them to explain him that he could turn on/off the green names and that turning off, would raise the odds of getting the drop. This is most likely to happen cause or people bitch when someone is not doing things optimal (for example shared drops) or people like me that simply like to help and teach stuff to newbies (cause i suffered from not knowing the /bank command for like a month, because nobody teached me that command existed. I only discovered it cause i wanted to xfer a varista from my hucast to my ramar and asked a guy in the lobby to help me doing it and he kindly explained me about /bank and other commands).

The second case is similar to the first, but also has a chance of a more experinced player that already turned off the green names.

So either way, the player will not get through all event without learning the command. This considering that he plays regulary. Of course it could be annoying as you correctly stated, but i don't even think it should even be considered, cause its not harmfull.

More specificly about the drop rates ajustment, imo a 1/200 ish drop rate for STA, like last year iirc, i think its hard enough, with or without green names and shouldn't be subject of adjustment. I don't even think in this particular case, should even use the rare monsters appearence as a "parameter" to choose the droprate. Thats my opinion, but can be unfair, since i don't do droptables, so i really don't know how its your philosophy when making droptables.

No change is bullet proof in all the possible cases, but overall i don't see any major problem with a command like that and the consideration about raising the drop rate on a specific drop, having this command implemented, should never be considered.

I think the idea is great, but i don't think it's a must have thou.

Edited by jezbuz

Well.. the whole thing makes no sense because we'd post about the new command and it would be added to the command list, can't really say didn't knew...

Your concern seems to be basically harder drops if we were to make such a command, but as I said, drops shouldn't really be based on the rare monster rates, mainly because they change kinda often and we do not change rates when they get changed.

10 hours ago, Soly said:

Your concern seems to be basically harder drops if we were to make such a command, but as I said, drops shouldn't really be based on the rare monster rates, mainly because they change kinda often and we do not change rates when they get changed.

Dunno if the reply was about my post, but maybe i have expressed myself poorly cause thats exacly my point, not a concern, it was lemons concern and imo it was well raised, but i can't agree that's a problem at all.  I personally don't even care if the drop gets raised or not because of that. I was just arguing about what lemon said and was giving the example of STA to make my point that it shouldn't be needed to even consider a change on drop rate because of that. I completly agree that the rates should not take account the increased of rare monsters in any circumstance, when designig the droptables.

About the add on command section, not everyone reads a boring section like that, when they start playing and also not everyone even knows what "increased of rare boss" even means when they start. Usually people tend to look what IDs they should make, what end gear they should aim, how to make mags, etc. Even thou, i don't think that's even a problem, on the contrary of what lemon stated, because with experience and help from others, everyone learns everything about this game, sooner or later.

Edited by jezbuz

Having green / white names be a set recurring alternating thing is a way to help encourage variety in the styles of hunts people engage in, it's one useful tool of several to help keep things from getting stale. I don't think it's something that should be changeable just any time. I really don't understand the complaint, it changes often enough as is that people get plenty of both, and if you missed one you'll get another again soon enough. It also has notable effects on gameplay; for example everyone in caves will always turn it off so random mil lilies don't spawn as much and increase the megid level of other lilies just to make the quest easier. If it is a command that is only available while green names are on (kind of like exp 4/5 is only possible when 5x exp is on), then it *might* be workable, but it still seems really weird all things considered.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

for example everyone in caves will always turn it off so random mil lilies don't spawn as much and increase the megid level of other lilies just to make the quest easier

That's actually a really good point! Haven't thought about that.

And yeah i think the command would be only available when green names are on. I think it would be an interesting improvement, not a must have.

@Fyrewolf5 just like the exp command, this one would be a "disable" only.

Is not like I'd let you put rare monsters for your party whenever you like.

Technically yes, the command would only work when green names are active because it would only disable the boost (not turn it on while it's off by server config).

But this requires to keep both the normal rates and the boosted rates available so it would require a few extra changes than it seems to need.