A very profound and important question.

Aeroprism

I was trekking through the ULT forest just a few minutes ago and my 5 years old daughter was sitting beside me, her head resting on my arm, pretending to play the game with me with an old, obsolete wireless controller when she asked me a question to which I could not immediately answer.  

Yes, my fellow Pioneer hunters, I have been asked a question of the utmost importance and it is only natural that I come here, the only true fortress of wisdom and lore, this last enlightened bastion of knowledge of all things PSO related.

I come to you seeking knowledge.  

The question, simple and eloquent, borne from the pure imagination of a child untainted by countless years of internet memes and such, went like this:

"Daddy... Can a rappy swim?"

Gentlemen, Ladies, Casts, Newman and New...wearls...?  

Discuss.

• Like 6

I would argue yes.  If you look at the quest AOL Cup -Sunset Base- you can see them doing so.

pso1477524338_zpsdjwwgkpg.png

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 6

I say, a question of such profoundness can never be given a simple answer. But i heard from a penguin that rappys learned how yo swim from watching them. Idk... I guess i believe that penguin. Cheers

• Like 1

· Yellow Rappy - these are the normal ones, the ones that you can catch in the field. These can go wherever you can walk, basically, just faster.
· Green Rappy - these can go over all sorts of terrain, including mountains.
· Blue Rappy - these can walk in shallow (light blue) water, and rivers.
· Black Rappy - these are kind of like a blue Rappy and a green Rappy combined - they can walk over mountains and in shallow water.
· Gold Rappy - can go absolutely anywhere, even walking across the deep water. You need a gold Rappy to get to Round Island, the island where the Knights of the Round materia is.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ipolyr said:

· Yellow Rappy - these are the normal ones, the ones that you can catch in the field. These can go wherever you can walk, basically, just faster.
· Green Rappy - these can go over all sorts of terrain, including mountains.
· Blue Rappy - these can walk in shallow (light blue) water, and rivers.
· Black Rappy - these are kind of like a blue Rappy and a green Rappy combined - they can walk over mountains and in shallow water.
· Gold Rappy - can go absolutely anywhere, even walking across the deep water. You need a gold Rappy to get to Round Island, the island where the Knights of the Round materia is.

My friend, I don't think my 5 years old daughter is quite ready for that amount of power.

• Like 3

I have constructed an appropriate answer based on all the precious info you all worked hard to provide me. 

I can confirm that my daughter was satisfied.  You all have my thanks.

I also need to specify that my daughter's favorite color is yellow and whenever she sees anything remotely close to a duck, she goes ballistic.  That being said, she loves rappies but she says it's ok for me to whack them into oblivion because they're obviously not very nice with the pecking and all.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

I have constructed an appropriate answer based on all the precious info you all worked hard to provide me. 

I can confirm that my daughter was satisfied.  You all have my thanks.

I also need to specify that my daughter's favorite color is yellow and whenever she sees anything remotely close to a duck, she goes ballistic.  That being said, she loves rappies but she says it's ok for me to whack them into oblivion because they're obviously not very nice with the pecking and all.

Make sure to play the quest sunset base with her to show her that not all rappies are mean.  Important life lesson on judging by looks and similarities.

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lemon said:

Make sure to play the quest sunset base with her to show her that not all rappies are mean.  Important life leaon on judging by looks and similarities.

A very pertinent and adequate remark! I will do just that!

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter really, REALLY loves watching me play PSO.  In my car, I have a playlist of various game songs and when the Pinoeer 2 City theme played today, she was all "Daddy! It's the game we play!"

So today she was watching me some more and she noted that Rappies don't do as the other monsters: they don't vanish in a pool of purple blarg but instead they play dead.  She then saw a rappy take of and vanish beyond the screen but she didn't realise that the rappy was gone for good so, she just went:  "Rappy... raaaaappyyyy.... where are youuuu?  We're stronger than you rappy.  Raappyyy....  Are you playing a game?  Raaaaaappyyy.....   WE'RE GONNA KILL YOU RAPPY!"

I was scared.  A bit.  

Can't wait to see her roll her first PSO character.

• Like 2