What USB controller do you use?

My joystick has been "missing" sometimes when I press a direction and squeaks very loudly, even after taking it apart. It's about time I get a new one so what do you all recommend? :) any USB controllers you have a good experience with?

All feedback appreciated!

I use a PS3 controller with little plastic attachments for the L2 & R2 buttons so my fingers don't slip off them. You have to install drivers to get the controller to work on Windows but you can use the Home button as an additional button, so that's an advantage over all of the other Xbox and PlayStation controllers.

I use Joytokey (PC software that lets you use keyboard keys from the controller) to configure my controls in a really complicated but efficient way so I can pretty much do everything from the controller.

not a fan of xbox but for computer gaming i guess a 360 controller does good

Lol this. I'm definitely not an xbox person, but I use a Rock Candy xbox 360 controller. It gets the job done, so I'm pretty satisfied with it so far.

Is there a controller that can map the 1-0 keys at the bottom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All controllers can do this, using software like JoytoKey. I can use all 10 hotkeys from my PS3 controller just fine.

• 1 month later...

My joystick has been "missing" sometimes when I press a direction and squeaks very loudly, even after taking it apart. It's about time I get a new one so what do you all recommend? :) any USB controllers you have a good experience with?

All feedback appreciated!

I use XBOX One remotes. Took a little remapping, but I have it set up just the way the Dreamcast controller worked. Now I just need a memory card with a screen on it, and the nostalgia will be complete.