Solo end boss tactics help and experiences

solo guy

The best way to farm saint million is by unlocking 9-8 and playing that. He never appears in POD. You can run through desert normally to fight saint million at the end, but it takes longer and you have to get used to all the different maps. I'd recommend unlocking all the ep4 quests because saint million drops a lot of useful things during events, and you're gonna wish you had an easy way to farm him. I've got all the ep4 missions unlocked on like 4 characters. It's kind of a pain, but you can dual log that way multiple characters can get it unlocked.

• Like 2

Got a bit of an amateur question here but is saint million only available when you run to boss threw normal mode? I've never seen him in a pod and I really don't want to have to unlock up to 9/8 in quests : ( but he's dropping some good stuff this event and would like to find how to get him : ) also how many maps are there for sea bed as I'm gonna be running that for olga when pgf is confirmed and I think for me this might be quickest as rt on my own takes awhile : (

Seabed isn't really any faster or slower than rt when done solo, but it needs different kinds of gear(especially hell gear) and can get some good enemy drops.

I personally use Frozen Shooter, Psycho Ravens (FS+PR for sinows, kills in one nhh combo with 30 buffs), SH/Shot hell (great for recoboxes and dolmolms/dolmdarls), hell laser (asteron's autotarget is more annoying than helpful in seabed), arrest needle occaisonally, Iron Faust (Freeze Trap+Iron Faust is great on deldepths), Demon Yas9k/Bringers Rifle (for delbiters), and zalure s-rank+charge yas9k (for olga).

There are 4 maps for upper and lower each, or rather 2 sets of room layouts with 2 different routes each. Also, there are switches which need 2p to open, so you will have to dual log to open doors. If you do the ep2 gov quests and run 8-3, the switches in that stay pressed and it guarantees a specific map of seabed, but I don't think it's worth the time to unlock since it's just one of the same maps as doing regular seabed. ROCT is another option for farming olga, it's really not much slower if you have a good team and you get tower drops and those sweet prizes.

Seabed Upper Pattern 1, Variations 1-2 http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=907

Seabed Upper Pattern 2, Variations 1-2 http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=913

Seabed Lower Pattern 1, Variations 1-2 http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=931

Seabed Lower Pattern 2, Variations 1-2 http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=932

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 3

wow nice one guys : ) ty for the info , Tru I didn't know that about saint millon and wasn't gonna do the gov quests in ep 4 but now im gonna need to : ) and saith that's the exact info I was after ty : )

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I did actually unlock 8-3 and I think the main benefit is that you always get the same map and switches stay pressed. To begin with, I used to dual log with my FO, mainly to have SD30 available at all times. However, I noticed that in the long run, having to juggle moving 2 characters around on P2 (first to go to the Gov quest counter, then to move them both to Seabed) and then having to stop a few times to pipe in the FO when SD has run out results in such a substantial loss of time that I now just run it solo. From creating the room to arriving at the boss warp takes 20 minutes on my RAcast, that is without optimal gear though, things I do not have:

- A powerful multitarget weapon with A.Beast % (or Hell Shot) for the Squids

- Charge Yas

- A.Beast or Machine on my PR (only Dark)

I just use my newly-made DM on the squids which has 50 on Machine and Dark so killing them is a little slow, but still necessary to build PB. I need to fire off at least one PB during the run to be able to build even more for Olga.

I have thought about this though: see if I can keep my controller plugged in and just dual log the FO in for a quick SD as the quest has begun, then log him off (as otherwise he'd mess around in the lobby if I just /lobby him since the controller moves all clients for me). Can be logged back in just as Olga dies ... I'll report back as to how it works out.

yea, 8-3 just does the regular seabed maps of 2-2 (pattern 2 variation 2) for both upper and lower, and I *think* the other patterns/variations may be slightly faster for me. With a bit of practice you can control both chars ok for running down to seabed even without controller by using autorun and alt-tabbing to turn each one when needed. Doing it for all of seabed is a bit taxing though. I prefer doing regular seabed over 8-3 for more variety and because maybe other variations are slightly faster, I don't mind having to set pipe on switch for force stand on sometimes, and teammates can join in anytime easily without needing to unlock 8-3.

Having a controller for the force does help piping them down for doing buffs and stuff, you can simply place them on the pipe location in pioneer, hit warp > shifta > deband > warp and move them back onto pipe spot. There are a lot of places where you can pipe in the force to rebuff and not lose any time at all, like the square rooms where you have to walk around the outside hallway to get to lower floor, can pipe force in from top and they can warp while you navigate the hallway and rebuff as you are on bottom floor of it, across rooms when you do U routes, even can pipe them quickly while clearing a large room, etc. If you want controller to only do one character, only have the controller plugged in before you launch one of the clients, and don't have it plugged in before you launch the other client (i.e. start main client, plug in controller, start force client, or plug in controller, start force client, unplug controller, start main client, re-plugin controller. still recognizes only force client).

In upper 2-2, the force can buff at the start and wait there, and you can make it to the point where you loop back around to the start through that 4way intersection and they can rebuff there. In lower 2-2, at the start you can set pipe near north door in first room, and after you clear room and go for last room's poison switch to the east, the force can autorun north and stand on the switch and when you come back they can buff you as you run by. With good control you can easily keep the time loss to <30 seconds, 10 of which being the boss warp timer, and the buffs can help make up for time. Even if you just set pipe on switch, you only have to do it twice, if force is standing on telepipe point it really doesn't take long for them to warp down the two times you have to wait for them.

I mostly use my force for the id for seabed drops of zanba and yas 7k (NOT pgf as it does not matter), but the main thing 30 buffs does is let my racast kill sinows consistently with a frozen shooter ns(s) and a pr nhh combo (0 machine on pr). Hell is very inconsistent on sinows for me, even with 65hit le cogneur hell laser (60 base ata). I don't have machine on dm or ironfaust or arrest needle, so if one could manipulate multiple sinows together it might work, but I only use those on sinows rarely when it's one of the two spawns that have 3 sinows zoas at once.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 2

I have thought about this though: see if I can keep my controller plugged in and just dual log the FO in for a quick SD as the quest has begun, then log him off (as otherwise he'd mess around in the lobby if I just /lobby him since the controller moves all clients for me). Can be logged back in just as Olga dies ... I'll report back as to how it works out.

You can dual log and have the controller control only 1 game. Just make sure the controller is not connected whenever you start one of the psobb.exes.

Alternatively, to make dual logging easier, if you happen to have 2 controllers of different types (ex: 1 is a direct-input controller, and another is an x-input controller), you can set it up so that 1 controller controls 1 client and the other controller works only on the other client.

Edited by Nessly
  • Like 1

Thanks for your input, detailed as usual Mr. Fyrewolf.

I forgot to mention that I indeed start up the first client (FO) without my controller plugged in so I can only control the FO with the controller, as intended. I do the autorun stuff too. Normally I let my RA autorun then switch to the FO to control with the keys while I change the direction for the RA with the control stick. But I'm not piano player so I have a little trouble synchronizing the moves for 2 games.

I do not have a different type of controller though so I can't use that.

• Like 1

You can dual log and have the controller control only 1 game. Just make sure the controller is not connected whenever you start one of the psobb.exes.

Alternatively, to make dual logging easier, if you happen to have 2 controllers of different types (ex: 1 is a direct-input controller, and another is an x-input controller), you can set it up so that 1 controller controls 1 client and the other controller works only on the other client.

I have 2 USB Xbox controllers like the one shown below. Would it be possible to dual log using one character per controller? I tried plugging one in when starting the first client, then unplugging it, then plugging in the second controller and starting the second client, then plugging the first controller back in, but my computer wouldn't register the first controller as being plugged in, so it didn't really work. I would consider buying another controller if it could help make dual logging easier.

d3bd2290-ae97-427c-8d2e-0ca2e10fe6d1.JPG

Edited by tru

I have 2 USB Xbox controllers like the one shown below. Would it be possible to dual log using one character per controller? I tried plugging one in when starting the first client, then unplugging it, then plugging in the second controller and starting the second client, then plugging the first controller back in, but my computer wouldn't register the first controller as being plugged in, so it didn't really work. I would consider buying another controller if it could help make dual logging easier.

d3bd2290-ae97-427c-8d2e-0ca2e10fe6d1.JPG

Make sure that when you re-plug in the 1st controller, that it goes back into the same USB port as when you first had it connected.

EX of steps:

controller A plugged into port A

start gamewindow A

disconnect controller A

connect controller B to port B

start gamewindow B

connect controller A into port A

and both should now work

I tried dual/multi logging w/ various controller combinations all of which I as able to control game windows with separate controllers simultaneously

Logitech Gamepad F310 + wiiu pro (w/ 360 mayflash adapter)

Xbox 360 wireless controller +wiiu pro (w/ 360 mayflash adapter)

Xbox 360 wireless + xbox one wired + wiiu pro (w/ 360 mayflash adapter)

xbox 360 wireless + xbox one wired + wiiu pro (w/ 360 mayflash adapter) + Logitech Gamepad F310

If you're still getting issues, then I'm thinking the name of the controller in the Game Controllers config must be different for multiple controllers to work for PSO simulataneously:

D2KY2il.png

If you're using those 2 identical controllers that you mentioned, they'll have the same name in the Controller Config window, and it may not work. This is only a hunch, and I can't say for sure. I don't have 2 identical models of 360 controllers to confirm the issue.

Besides using this to make solo-ing easier, what's fascinating about this is that after you get this set-up, it's an AWESOME way to have some local multiplayer PSO like on gamecube, except each person can now have a monitor instead of an individual corner of the screen. Your only limit is the number of monitors you have!

ZwOgjUh.jpg

Edited by Nessly
  • Like 4

Make sure that when you re-plug in the 1st controller, that it goes back into the same USB port as when you first had it connected.

EX of steps:

controller A plugged into port A

start gamewindow A

disconnect controller A

connect controller B to port B

start gamewindow B

connect controller A into port A

and both should now work

I tried dual/multi logging w/ various controller combinations all of which I as able to control game windows with separate controllers simultaneously

Logitech Gamepad F310 + wiiu pro (w/ 360 mayflash adapter)

Xbox 360 wireless controller +wiiu pro (w/ 360 mayflash adapter)

Xbox 360 wireless + xbox one wired + wiiu pro (w/ 360 mayflash adapter)

xbox 360 wireless + xbox one wired + wiiu pro (w/ 360 mayflash adapter) + Logitech Gamepad F310

If you're still getting issues, then I'm thinking the name of the controller in the Game Controllers config must be different for multiple controllers to work for PSO simulataneously:

D2KY2il.png

If you're using those 2 identical controllers that you mentioned, they'll have the same name in the Controller Config window, and it may not work. This is only a hunch, and I can't say for sure. I don't have 2 identical models of 360 controllers to confirm the issue.

Besides using this to make solo-ing easier, what's fascinating about this is that after you get this set-up, it's an AWESOME way to have some local multiplayer PSO like on gamecube, except each person can now have a monitor instead of an individual corner of the screen. Your only limit is the number of monitors you have!

ZwOgjUh.jpg

Wow Nessly what a pro set up lol. Yeah I think your hunch it correct, because I tried again and followed the exact steps you listed and got the same results. It's looking like I'm probably gonna have to buy another controller, any suggestions? Here's what my game config looks like btwgrnbwgf.png

Thanks tru. It seems the name of the controller in the game config window must need to be different then.

Well the good thing about modern console controllers is that they can all be made to work on PC.

For example these controllers can be made to work on PC (and after getting necessary software/adapters, the PC can treat these controllers as Xbox 360 controllers so they'll be compatible w/ any game that supports 360 controllers):

PS3 (if you're on Win8/7 get MotionInJoy DS3, if you're on Win10, I don't know if drivers work at the moment)

PS4 - (get DS4Windows)

Wii U Pro - (get mayflash PC adapter)

Xbox 360 wireless (just get wireless PC adapter)

Xbox One (just connect a micro USB cable to PC)

Really, what controller you want to use can depend on your preference / practicality. If you don't want to spend much money logitech gamepad is definitely the cheapest option at only 16 USD, However, you won't be able to use it on consoles, and when you use it on PC it only works in "direct input" mode.

I would get the controller that I could put to use the most. For instance if you plan on getting another console, get another controller for that console, that way you can use the controller on both PC and the console.

Otherwise, my personal recommendation is the Wii U Pro controller + mayflash adapter. Wii U pro controller is the most comfortable in my opinion. And is the 2nd lightest in weight (7.5oz) behind PS3 controller (6.2oz). Battery lasts me about 30 hours of use and can charge via USB. D-pad feels good, buttons feel precise and crisp. L/R-triggers are buttons.

Edited by Nessly