Teams That Would Want a Lobby

Saber +7

This isn't a team recruitment page but this is really the only place to post this, if we teams were able to get team lobbies like before, what teams would want one. I do believe that only lobbies 6-10 are open for this. I know DarkWeapons wants lobby 10 ;).

Actually all lobbies are open right now because literally all team lobbies were inactive teams... All Larva has to do to give or take a lobby is recompile the ship with a different setting for the lobby.

Edited by Colorado Wilson

Well maybe y'all use it but it's not officially y'all's because I can go into all the lobbies, when a lobby is actually for a particular team it is bound to only members of that team :)

Lobby 10 is devil may cry team lobby ....

I told larva to open the lobbies because of that reason... not being actually used (and after the teams "reset" it was useless anyways), but i don't like locked lobbies and i'm against it ...just my opinion :).

And as wilson said, when a lobby is "of" a team, is coded so only the members of said team can access it.

• Like 4

I can understand that however teams like DMC might not have vent like pro so they need a lobby to discuss and it helps them feel defined so if they really had one that was truly theirs I am sure they'd be pretty happy or any team really :D

I told larva to open the lobbies because of that reason... not being actually used (and after the teams "reset" it was useless anyways), but i don't like locked lobbies and i'm against it ...just my opinion :).

And as wilson said, when a lobby is "of" a team, is coded so only the members of said team can access it.

As soly said open lobbies, the server is growing, i got kicked up to the 4th lobby once :3 as we grow we might need a new ship and all, then it might be cool to have a team thing in there. (double space)

I can understand that however teams like DMC might not have vent like pro so they need a lobby to discuss and it helps them feel defined so if they really had one that was truly theirs I am sure they'd be pretty happy or any team really :D

Ultima provides mumble, that can be used as text box too if you are too shy to talk. You can request your own team room and such.

Well... that's what team chat is for no? xD ...if it gets to a point where more than 10+ teams what a lobby, it can be tricky cuz would not be fair, but anything is up to larva. :P (good luck with that)

• Like 1

I want the lobby that's the giant foosball court, because we're that special.

In all seriousness, there's something too exclusionary about locking a whole lobby for a team. I thought Ultima's community was pretty tight nit, so locked lobbies feels like it'd go against that closeness. Team discussions could just take place in in-game team chat, a team thread, or even things like Vent. A team could certainly choose a particular lobby to hang out at, but I'm not sure if I want it reserved just for them/us. Something about it feels too keep out-y. Locked lobbies may have been a thing before, but I don't think it's a coincidence they're not a thing now.

But still. Foosball court, just for us.

• Like 2

I want the lobby that's the giant foosball court, because we're that special.

In all seriousness, there's something too exclusionary about locking a whole lobby for a team. I thought Ultima's community was pretty tight nit, so locked lobbies feels like it'd go against that closeness. Team discussions could just take place in in-game team chat, a team thread, or even things like Vent. A team could certainly choose a particular lobby to hang out at, but I'm not sure if I want it reserved just for them/us. Something about it feels too keep out-y. Locked lobbies may have been a thing before, but I don't think it's a coincidence they're not a thing now.

But still. Foosball court, just for us.

They used to be a thing but teams got inactive

I personally agree with Soly, and anyways since many lobby are not used, you can just pick an empty one if you want to do team things, i don't think you will get disturbed.

• Like 3