Ultima's New Launcher

Soly

You probably wont be able to run more than 1 client at a time. I have had some situations where it opens 2 and sets the resolution fine, but is not always. It's not designed for that yet.

I just downloaded and extracted the file just fine. :wacko:

You both sure that are using 7zip as the program to open it?

I use a version of someone else http://www.e7z.org/

But is based on the original and should work.

Edited by Soly

You both sure that are using 7zip as the program to open it?

I use a version of someone else http://www.e7z.org/

But is based on the original and should work.

Very sure. I have various types of archiving software for different file formats and 7zip is what has been set as default for .7z archives for quite some time.

7493ha__zps2xnjt7hg.png

The new JP IME launcher worked fine for me the first time I used it but now it refuses to load the game in widescreen. I tried changing the settings and also the advanced settings to widescreen but it only loads the game in 4:3. If I use the old launcher, it does widescreen just fine.

With this launcher it doesn't matter what options are set on the "advanced options" that are just the original ones, as long as you have the correct resolution set in its own options.

As you can see here, it works fine for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlJ0ddoyHT8

The only thing I can think of is that the launcher fails to read the registry entry set for the resolution and falls back to 0 which will load the game in 640 x 480. But this should not happen if the launcher is running as admin.

I can make one to test that and a few more things if you want to?

Edited by Soly

I tried it again now and it ran the game in widescreen just fine. I quit the game and ran it again, and it's in 4:3. Tried it again and it's 4:3. It looks like it runs in widescreen the first time and 4:3 every time after that. Really weird.

*edit*

I am running it as admin. I changed the setting for that in properties. I'm using Windows 7.

Edited by Midori

• 4 weeks later...

mmm The old launcher works but when I use the new (JP supported) and press play, nothing happens DX

Did you put it in the right folder? Are you running it as admin?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Quite some update.

does the new launcher not support the saved accounts feature? loving the design tho ^^