A New Ultima

I wish that system was flawless. inb4 Faki plays on locked rooms all Christmas when he realizes people will still take the drops he wanted.

I play with Locked rooms because I either don't like people, I keep to myself a lot, or I'm just generally better off alone. I'm not constricted by the needs and wants of others, I learned my lesson with the 50 hit DLS fiasco that an unnamed teammate in an unnamed team decided to start. I appreciate the context of this thread though, it made me smile in the idea that we could all stop these treacherous locked PRO rooms, since PRO seems to be the biggest culprit of the locked rooms and privacy of the server (whether that be from sheer ignorance, hubris, or whatever else they have a reason for, it doesn't matter). Honestly, though, I can't, and will not trust people on this game no matter what the circumstances are. I only trust a certain few people with keeping their words on not taking drops, but when those people aren't on, I hunt alone.

Forgive me if I chose not to partake in this event for the Holiday Season. But I'm not going to get another weapon I've worked hard to hunt for, stolen by some guy that didn't care about the hunting order deal (which is just a social contract and nothing else). I'm sorry, but I will still be sticking to those I trust, or myself for this Christmas. Good luck with the attempt though, Faki... and everybody else.

I think it's more that everybody, regardless of team, locks their rooms, and pro rooms just happen to be more visible because we label them as such, so that members know the password and can join in to help if they want. You seem to be pretty new around here to be making those kinds of statements; we've generally always let other players join in on our rooms if they ask to do so, and often help others on their hunts as well. The system proposed isn't flawless of course, but this is a small community and it works well enough in practice. Drop theft isn't usually much of an issue if the drops were agreed upon beforehand by all players, it's easily settled usually. Christmastime especially can be aggravating when it happens though, and it's nice to have this reminder from faki to the server that we should all embrace the holiday spirit. Nobody makes it on their own in an online rpg, and if we can work together then everyone wins.

• Like 2

I see like 1 Pro room locked most of the time. Then you have all the new players locking their rooms and then question why they have such bad gear and can't level. We just happen to be one of the biggest and outgoing team which seems to make us a target for everything lol but i guess that comes with being a big team.

• Like 1

I'm not being negative, I'm being truthful.

if it just so happens that a lot of the truth is not quite positive, then oh well, people need to start changing :onion88:

Indeed you are saying the truth, but because alot of people like you is that nobody trusts each other, there is always someone saying something negative and thus, generating negative reactions from other users, and yes people need to change, change to the way everyone was when some of us started playing, you can ask serverus, even larva himself how was everything when we started playing here, just posting things like that, are indeed negative, even if it is the truth, this is a topic on General section, of course new users would browse this section because of obvious reasons, it even seems like you are just adding more problems to Ultima community itself than being helpful in any way, Ultima is mostly about the people around here, while i myself didn't get to play or have any conversation at all with most of this people posting on this topic, they react the same way i would've had reacted back when i was active, you seem more like a really unpleasent person if you ask me, people that you should avoid, like alot of users that have been already in Ultima some of them just came around here thought they were really "amazing" and i'll quote what some of them even said, "teaching people how to play and not be just some brainless morons and making the game more fun for everyone" that's something that one user actually said in the past, in a way the current community is harvesting what those users sowed in the past.

PRO room are going to stay locked because they are PRO rooms. The thing you fail to understand is PRO team helps more non-team players than any other team. The amount of new players I have given free things to (including you auroboro 35 hit daylight scars with a beast and machine) would be a massive number. I host rooms for anyone to hunt SONICTEAM Armor daily, and I have hunted as much for others as I've hunted for myself(which is a hell of a lot more than you.) So the next time you decide to display your level of ignorance about the game. Think about all the people who tried to be helpful to you. and what kind of gameplay experience that will get you.

As for the next event after I hunt with my team (because my team is my family,) I will after hunt with non-team members. If you see me around feel free to ask for some help, I'll be on SuperNoob and *Faki* most of the event. Just don't plan to join my room if you are planning on doing 3 runs, getting your drop, then not helping others who need it.

Edited by HandlebarsFakis
  • Like 2

I agree with faki, team locked room are understandable. You lock the room for your team not another but there are so many more locked rooms that have like 1 or 2 people in it.

Imo you should just ignore auroboros comment lol . This way things don't get all stirred up and becomes a drama zone . I don't think its mainly pro members , it really depends who the individual is or if they are solo hunting it's their choice to lock a room tbh it shouldn't matter to anyone else if they do so , just worry about what you do and the kind of person YOU are , if you want to unlock a room Nd help people , more power to you buddy :) just leave the non-helpers be lol

• Like 3

I think it's more that everybody, regardless of team, locks their rooms, and pro rooms just happen to be more visible because we label them as such, so that members know the password and can join in to help if they want. You seem to be pretty new around here to be making those kinds of statements; we've generally always let other players join in on our rooms if they ask to do so, and often help others on their hunts as well. The system proposed isn't flawless of course, but this is a small community and it works well enough in practice. Drop theft isn't usually much of an issue if the drops were agreed upon beforehand by all players, it's easily settled usually. Christmastime especially can be aggravating when it happens though, and it's nice to have this reminder from faki to the server that we should all embrace the holiday spirit. Nobody makes it on their own in an online rpg, and if we can work together then everyone wins.

Making statements stating my experience on the server makes you seem inexperienced.

I don't need a lot of time on the server to notice things. I'm just stating what I see, if it's not you, there's no need to take offense to it. But don't take what I see personally because you don't agree. If you have an inherent trust for others, then that's cool, but I do not.

• Like 1

Indeed you are saying the truth, but because alot of people like you is that nobody trusts each other, there is always someone saying something negative and thus, generating negative reactions from other users, and yes people need to change, change to the way everyone was when some of us started playing, you can ask serverus, even larva himself how was everything when we started playing here, just posting things like that, are indeed negative, even if it is the truth, this is a topic on General section, of course new users would browse this section because of obvious reasons, it even seems like you are just adding more problems to Ultima community itself than being helpful in any way, Ultima is mostly about the people around here, while i myself didn't get to play or have any conversation at all with most of this people posting on this topic, they react the same way i would've had reacted back when i was active, you seem more like a really unpleasent person if you ask me, people that you should avoid, like alot of users that have been already in Ultima some of them just came around here thought they were really "amazing" and i'll quote what some of them even said, "teaching people how to play and not be just some brainless morons and making the game more fun for everyone" that's something that one user actually said in the past, in a way the current community is harvesting what those users sowed in the past.

If you want to believe I'm an unpleasant person, that's your shtick. However, when I'm not being bluntly truthful about what I see on the server, I'm in my rooms playing and having fun. One of my other reasons for not joining rooms or leaving mine open are because I'm hopelessly shy towards new things and new experiences. Some times it may not seem like it, but I am very shy. I don't believe I'm amazing at anything. In fact, I think quite the opposite, I think I'm only good at one thing and that's writing. Even that, I have a mediocre talent in, to say the least.

But nothing good but treachery ever came from lying or exaggerating about what's actually going on. If you want people to be honest with you, you gotta set that example. I'm not truthful because I like being negative, I'm being truthful because it's the right thing to do to help people grow. If people don't like it, then that means its directed towards them, therefore they need to take it to their heart and start trying to change. If they don't want to, don't come to me with their problems with my posts if they do it but refuse to change.

"Often when we question other people's motives, we reveal only our own."-Queen of the Rift, Destiny campaign.

edit: Also I don't believe I'm starting drama. I'm stating what I see, and if you don't like it, you don't have to. But telling people to ignore me is not fair to me because I'm not starting drama. You ask for player interactivity, but tell people to ignore me? I'm not starting drama. Maybe if you looked at my posts and what I say with a little more thought you'd think differently about what I'm saying, instead of instantly getting offended, and instantly thinking it's drama, maybe put a little more thought into it, try to understand, think of different possibilities. Not everything has to be taken negatively, not everything has to be drama. If anything, the drama is coming from how you take a completely neutral and honest post. If you take a neutral post as negative, you are the drama starter. Remember that.

Edited by Auroboro
  • Like 2