Weird crash - Caused by the new patch

hey, i got a weird crash since the new exe and patch, in fact when i try to run pso from the wonline or online, it instantly crash ( the programm doesn't run and i keep having the msg "psobb has stopped working" ), i tried many things such as reinstalling the game ( in removing everything related to pso and even clean the register of anything that could cause mistakes ), run as admin, rename psobb and psobw.pat as exe, turning off firewall and antivirus, tried to run the game from psobb or psobw directly without the loader, changing everything from the options etc etc .... but there's still no way ........ ( i'm running on vista btw )

As long as the game get the patch files then it keep crashing all the time when i try to restart ( even if i lauch any files : online, wonline, psobb, psobw etc ), i can't do anything after this..... no matter what i try, if someone have an idea that would be much appreciated, thanks .......

Edited by Sylph777

well ty link, and no lee sadly i did a clean install this morning, reinstalled the game and clean my comp and register full, then i logged and it worked but when i automatically get the patch and updates files then the problem occur when i restart the game :/

maybe you have the same problem I did...

I went so far as to reformat my computer to see if that fixed something (I rename the patch to psobbw.exe or whatever the instructions were that night on the shoutbox)... but nothing, the game keep giving me the same BS.

Turns out the only way I could get it to run was if I installed it in the default directory, e.g, C:/Phantasy Star Online... for some reason the game doesn't run if it's in a different location on your computer (at least for me).

Yes, the game was running before all the patches, and the uninstalled worked too. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit... Had a great time reinstalling all the .NET 4 framework updates aswell as having fun installing my graphic's card drivers ect., ect., ect,...

wooooow i found the problem, it was the data execution prevention settings ( stupid features of vista that automatically close a programm with potential security risk ... ) that blocked the new exe and update without any reason ....... thanks vista ......i had to allow all the exe related to psobb from this feature and now everything work fine

btw thank you everyone for your help and time

Edited by Sylph777