LK no combo?!

Disagree with removing combo on LK...people keep going on about mechguns, but the fact is unless you give hunters a long-ranged weapon, you're crippling them if you remove the combo from the L&K. Mechguns are not even close to being on par with the L&K, mainly because any mech a hunter can use has ridiculously low ATP, and secondly because of the range issue. Have you ever tried doing falz final form without a weapon that hits a long range? It's next to impossible. Hunters need a way to hit long range and deal reasonable damage doing so - if rangers and F0s can use excals, why can't hunters use LK combo?

My biggest gripe about this is losing the only good long-range weapon hunters have. If master raven or mechguns or something were given the same range as L&K, then that's fine, otherwords, you're killing hunters XD

What i would propose is decreasing the amount of rounds the L&K shoots from 12 down to 9, or decreasing ATP, but not to the point that LK becomes useless. That way hunters can still have a way to deal long ranged damage, but not be too powerful. The L&K was useless before the combo was unlocked, and it will be useless if the combo is re-locked....

Edited by Adeum

Just go with the flow LK will probably be locked so there's no use in fighting the case, but for other reasons I believe the changes to come in the server are very good.

Edited by Godric

Whine whine whine, bitch bitch bitch. Is that all you people do? Who gives a fuck if the combo is removed? There are other alternatives out there, and I myself was sick of seeing EVERYONE using an L&K 38 COMBAT for every enemy. All you butthurt people should calm down, its just a stupid weapon in a game. :onion59: Maybe now we wont see people complaining about needing an L&K 38?

Disagree with removing combo on LK...people keep going on about mechguns, but the fact is unless you give hunters a long-ranged weapon, you're crippling them if you remove the combo from the L&K. Mechguns are not even close to being on par with the L&K, mainly because any mech a hunter can use has ridiculously low ATP, and secondly because of the range issue. Have you ever tried doing falz final form without a weapon that hits a long range? It's next to impossible. Hunters need a way to hit long range and deal reasonable damage doing so - if rangers and F0s can use excals, why can't hunters use LK combo?

My biggest gripe about this is losing the only good long-range weapon hunters have. If master raven or mechguns or something were given the same range as L&K, then that's fine, otherwords, you're killing hunters XD

What i would propose is decreasing the amount of rounds the L&K shoots from 12 down to 9, or decreasing ATP, but not to the point that LK becomes useless. That way hunters can still have a way to deal long ranged damage, but not be too powerful. The L&K was useless before the combo was unlocked, and it will be useless if the combo is re-locked....

i wont add combo to the master raven.. and Hunter is not ment to be a RA . hunter is a close range character.. if you wan to hit from long range then use a RA.. that's the purpose of having different weapons and different classes in the game.

• Like 4

I used to kill falz on GC with a gush handgun. On Hucast. Is it easy, no but you have to work a bit at it. Comparing Excal to LK i have already adressed a couple times already.

Excal should only be a hunter weapon. it is incredibly strong and hits many targets like a sword. That being said, removing excal from F0s and RAs is not crippling them as removing the L&K combo would hunters - since RAs have rifles, shots, and other long range damage methods and F0s have long range spell casting.

So because they return a weapon to where it originally was (it used to not have combo fyi) they should nerf a weapon for another class?

ok first off hunters are the strongest class in game already and adding the rifle range of the lk just makes it overkill, secondly hunters already have overpowered weps such as df and tjs, if u have ever used these u know u kill enemies very fast with them including bosses, and if u need range use a handgun like sheldama said

Edited by poptart

I disagree with this for several reasons.

1) Hunters have the highest ATP in the game and are meant for close combat. If you give hunters long range you almost kill the point of having a ranger since a hunter can use a L&K 38 and dish out more damage then any other class. Btw I used to kill falz all the time without LK 38. When he goes far away you either A: Cast a spell (if your not a cast) B: swap to a handgun so you have range. Then when he gets close swap to mechs

2) If we added combo to master raven we would just run into the same issue again. Hunters would have long range and high damage from a distance giving them the edge of being a strong melee class and still very good at ranged

3) With a hunters atp even if you lower the atp of LK 38 its still stronger then any other mech out there. If you do some math say dual bird has 210 atp and we lower lk to 150 atp. 210*9=1890 dmg. 150*12=1800 its only a little higher. But once you factor in a Hunters atp over a Rangers the damage is higher for the hunter and the range is the same. Overall it just kinda cripples rangers and makes them weaker. Decreasing the rounds would not help either since it has more atp then other mechs as well, and yet again you have a hunter with long range and high dmg output.

Edited by Veriemas

i wont add combo to the master raven.. and Hunter is not ment to be a RA . hunter is a close range character.. if you wan to hit from long range then use a RA.. that's the purpose of having different weapons and different classes in the game.

If you take away the LK you take away the ability for a Hunter (Hucast/caseal) to solo TTF/RT.

Hucast is meant to deal high damage, regardless of the weapon. I'm just pointing out the obvious by saying that taking away the only long ranged attack a Hunter has to use cripples the hunter class. If LK is lost to hunters, then Excal should be lost to rangers. Like i said, I don't care so much about damage but range is vitally important, and when I'm on my hucast I need to at least have the ability to attack falz third form with a ranged weapon, and no such weapon exists except the LK.

RA meant to be long ranged, and should lose excal because it is a multi-hit weapon (like a sword). F0 should also lose the excal. I know the decision is already made, and i admit that losing the LK is a huge disappointment, but whatever - just a knife to the heart for hunters -.-

People survived before combo was unlocked, and will survive now...but locking the combo WILL make a lot of players quit. Not me, but many will, namely those who spent many PD getting a high hit, high attribute LK...they should be compensated. I always stuck with a basic LK that's not anything special, but i know others who spent many photon spheres getting attributes on a gun that is now completely useless.

Edited by Adeum

If you take away the LK you take away the ability for a Hunter (Hucast/caseal) to solo TTF/RT.

Hucast is meant to deal high damage, regardless of the weapon. I'm just pointing out the obvious by saying that taking away the only long ranged attack a Hunter has to use cripples the hunter class. If LK is lost to hunters, then Excal should be lost to rangers. Like i said, I don't care so much about damage but range is vitally important, and when I'm on my hucast I need to at least have the ability to attack falz third form with a ranged weapon, and no such weapon exists except the LK.

RA meant to be long ranged, and should lose excal because it is a multi-hit weapon (like a sword). F0 should also lose the excal. I know the decision is already made, and i admit that losing the LK is a huge disappointment, but whatever - just a knife to the heart for hunters -.-

People survived before combo was unlocked, and will survive now...but locking the combo WILL make a lot of players quit. Not me, but many will, namely those who spent many PD getting a high hit, high attribute LK...they should be compensated. I always stuck with a basic LK that's not anything special, but i know others who spent many photon spheres getting attributes on a gun that is now completely useless.

A Hucast who soloed TTF in Ultimate with out LK 38

You can also solo RT with a Hucast if you have s-reds without LK. The biggest problem is Gryphon since you have to live through all of his aoe attacks but yes it is possible. HUcaseal can do the same thing as well. except Hucaseal can use dual bird to keep distance.

Edited by Veriemas
  • Like 3

got lucky with that video...mos times you play falz he doesn't get that close to you that you can mech him...there's many times for me when he's on the opposite side of the circle the whole time and ill have to use all mates and star atomizers to kill him or him to kill me.

Yes there's lucky times where a mechgun can work, but unless you get lucky it doesnt happen.

Like i said, decision is already made, and it's a poor one, but what's done is done.

LK balanced out the playing field. Now that it's gone, hunters are vastly weaker than rangers at long range and only slightly stronger at close range.

And what the hell makes it so hucaseal can use dual bird but hucast cant?

Edited by Adeum

I like how azami lays it down. always gots proof. Although i enjoy reading his posts, i find myself still irritated with lk leaving my arsenal. i just hope there will be compensation. -as stated before also-

• Like 2

got lucky with that video...mos times you play falz he doesn't get that close to you that you can mech him...there's many times for me when he's on the opposite side of the circle the whole time and ill have to use all mates and star atomizers to kill him or him to kill me.

Yes there's lucky times where a mechgun can work, but unless you get lucky it doesnt happen.

Like i said, decision is already made, and it's a poor one, but what's done is done.

LK balanced out the playing field. Now that it's gone, hunters are vastly weaker than rangers at long range and only slightly stronger at close range.

And what the hell makes it so hucaseal can use dual bird but hucast cant?

Hucaseal has the most ata out of all hunter classes. 201 (max) is hucast and hucaseal is 228 (max) ata

I would not say LK "balanced" anything. If you think about it with L&K 38 there is very little use for melee weapons such as jizai, vivienne, double cannon and several other single target weapons are obsolete compared to it. There is no point in using those weapons once you get L&K 38 because you can just sit from a far range and kill everything.

If you get your hands on a Red sword, chain sawd, Tsumikiri J-sword, or Dark flow. Then Hunters have a huge advantage over rangers in melee or any other class. Rangers are decent at melee if they get a lame de'argent or an Excalibur. Hunters can do good damage at mid range with charge mechs. But if you give hunters long range then you kinda unbalance things since hunters can then do what rangers can and almost better because of the damage from LK.

I like how azami lays it down. always gots proof. Although i enjoy reading his posts, i find myself still irritated with lk leaving my arsenal. i just hope there will be compensation. -as stated before also-

Thanks bossman, preciate the compliments. The thing is that each Class has to accept they have a weakness and embrace their strength which is what this game is about. PSO is a party driven game. Hence the ID colors, hence the PB combos. THe game is made so that you NEED other people in order to get things done. Fomarl // Ramar // Ramarl is good at soloing but in a group they dont shine because they do nothing bad but they also don't do anything better than any other class.

LK subtracts from the game that aspect. Because now all of a sudden a HUcast can easily make up for their weakness i.e long ranged damage and FOs in general make up for their weakness (physical based damage). I personally wanted LK to be FO only to make up for that difference but the best thing for the BALANCE of the GAME (no individual characters) is to remove the combo from the LK. I mean... it still fires 5 (or 4?) bullets, it isnt COMPLETLY useless nor is it unequipable now. I mean, in falz you dont get to do a full combo anyway so it might be strictly better than most guns anyway and with % and hit% you should be able to get those 4 bullets to connect anyway.

HUcast should be able to survive a Grants and a swipe so you get 20 tries to kill falz before he gets you.

i have to use huge font because none of you care what niyuki has to say,

i say just take the LK away from hunters let it have its combo

its bull that some of us had to work ard for the LK becasue of its OverPower. I had a MM-40hits and was fine with it "till i saw a LK" then i wanted it. for me of all ppl to get off my lazy ass and hunt a item is a miracle. "you can ask around ingame if ppl think im lazy"

dont kill the LK

• Like 2