Your advice.

Kiryu13

Hello everybody, well here is my question. I have a FOmar that I would like to make a combat mage (use hunter weapons effectively) and of course have good spell damage. But as you know you need to have the right mag, items, etc...The question is, how should I build the mag for this character?

The current (failure :P) mag i am using for it now is: 30/90/50/30.

Also i dont care to have Sato or anything special like that, i'll make it special if with a kit or something.

Here is my setup that has me max atp, ata, mst.

v101

v801

Empty (SMARTLINK)

Empty (Cure/Unit or Heavenly LUCK)

Mag

5/105/80/10

Mats

20 Power Mats

210 Mind Mats

20 Luck Mats

oops.. that is fomarL

-----------------------------------

Fomar looks like this:

Units:

v101

v801

Adept

Empty (Cure/Unit or Smartlink)

Mag:

5/70/40/80

Mats:

92 Power Mats

130 Mind Mats

28 Luck Mats

Which will max out you atp, ata, mst and almost your luck

------------------

These builds are all for once you hit lvl 200. Before that you might want to slant your mag towards power (because you need higher atp more than mst about 90% of the time)

Edited by sheldama

Here is my setup that has me max atp, ata, mst.

v101

v801

Empty (SMARTLINK)

Empty (Cure/Unit or Heavenly LUCK)

Mag

5/105/80/10

Mats

20 Power Mats

210 Mind Mats

20 Luck Mats

oops.. that is fomarL

-----------------------------------

Fomar looks like this:

Units:

v101

v801

Adept

Empty (Cure/Unit or Smartlink)

Mag:

5/70/40/80

Mats:

92 Power Mats

130 Mind Mats

28 Luck Mats

Which will max out you atp, ata, mst and almost your luck

------------------

These builds are all for once you hit lvl 200. Before that you might want to slant your mag towards power (because you need higher atp more than mst about 90% of the time)

You could remove stats in mind on that mag and put them in power and then just make the adjustments to the materials to make up for it so that you will have more ATP earlier on.

Exactly, Choko. That is also what I was thinking.

Also, a mind mag before lv200 and all those mind mats whenever you find yourself in a situation where nuking is preferable.

Good luck with your fomar, Kiryu.

Edited by shion255

On lower level I'd recomend higher MST over ATP for 2 reasons :

- On low difficulties techniques kill faster than physical dammage.

- If you get help from a higher level, you can tag enemies easier with a good multihtit tech.

When getting in Ultimate, you can focus more on ATP.

There are several FOguides on ultima if you wish to know more about playing a FO.

You could remove stats in mind on that mag and put them in power and then just make the adjustments to the materials to make up for it so that you will have more ATP earlier on.

On lower level I'd recomend higher MST over ATP for 2 reasons :

- On low difficulties techniques kill faster than physical dammage.

- If you get help from a higher level, you can tag enemies easier with a good multihtit tech.

When getting in Ultimate, you can focus more on ATP.

There are several FOguides on ultima if you wish to know more about playing a FO.

Both of these are valid, you could even have a max pow mag and max mind mats, etc. Depends on what you like and what you are doing

Personally I would prefer to go for power early on because if you do then you would be able to take out bosses faster which are where you get most of your exp from. Power=Quick lvling. If you remember to keep Shifta and Deband up and just Zalure and Jellen enemies then if you are in a party you tag everything and there is no need to nuke then (your party will kill much faster this way). This also means you don't have to go back for fluids every 10 minutes lol.

Now a Days if you can get like heavenly arms + a mag with some dex you can equip an LK from lvl 1. SO with an lk + shifta you are going to kill dragon faster than with high MST and techs. THen if you have a high rafoie you flip to high mst to kill De Rol

Edited by sheldama

Well if you take it this way...

A 195 POW mag, a V101 and 3 Heavenly/arms in a 4-slotted frame. You spam dragon in TTF and that's it... or you might also want a mind mag if you get bored of it and want to take an ep4 break (not that nuking is useless elswhere but to gross the trait)

Ok well sounds like I am going to have to restart that character (no big deal) as I messed up on a couple things. Thanks alot on all the info everybody!!! :D

Edit: Sorry for the late response, work has been killing me. (Had to wake up at 3am to be at work at 4am this morning and got off at 6pm /rageface.)

Edited by Kiryu13