an opinion

serverus

wtf did i just read

1 force is the strongest class ( perfect for ep4)

2 DF and DM got combo on ultima when there was no combo on it nobody did want PGF

3 DB is a good item always was (and larva did buff it insane and you are not happy with it?)

there are reasons that they are not stronger for balance the game.

edit:

never got problems with DB, freeze or paralize just change fast your weapon and it never happend.

if the status effects aren't a bother y not put them on the other dark weapons too? it just seems the power of this dark weapon is severly under utilized considering the other two...

• Like 1

1. Make it into the ultimate Support item. Role together the Glide (Resists, Jellen, Zalure range), Tyrell's Parasol(Shifta, Deband, Resta, Anti Range), Mercurious rod (+grants), Demonik Fork (megid pierce), Adept Tp reduction, +50 defense from Rods, Prevent Paralysis (Sacred Cloth), Special = Lvl7 Anti

all of that is perfect but the special, since i think its best just to use the anti for itselve that using special, for special i would say the divine punishment so it wouldnt be a support weapon only.

• Like 1

How to make this weapon into a PGF worth item?

I have 2 ideas (3 actually)

1. Make it into the ultimate Support item. Role together the Glide (Resists, Jellen, Zalure range), Tyrell's Parasol(Shifta, Deband, Resta, Anti Range), Mercurious rod (+grants), Demonik Fork (megid pierce), Adept Tp reduction, +50 defense from Rods, Prevent Paralysis (Sacred Cloth), Special = Lvl7 Anti
  2. Make it into the Ultimate FO destruction boomstick. Up Tech damage across the board 100% (realistically 40% - idea from Chuk), Combo enabled, Divine Punishment special w/o timer restriction (idea from RoboDan), Megid Pierce, TP reduction like PW, Included Heavenly/Technique (most people have lvl 25 Megid and lvl 29 techs so this would up damage), Some crazy boost to evade (defense gets you killed vs. Gryphon), Saber cast animation so you can techlock Volt-Opt easier.
  3. I will take all of it.

Why I do not think that this is going overboard:

With a DM, what other weapons do you REALLY need. Yeah you want a hell needle, or a zerk needle, but they are corner cases. Frozen shooter for like 2 enemies in an RT, LK38? I dunno. (melee weapons aside because we are comparing to other ranged)

With a DF what weapons do you really need? TJS to get rid of PB and some bosses, Braveman... to get your hp to 12% (ranged weapons aside cause we are comparing to melee)

The other dark weapons do what they do better than any other weapon for their class except for very specific, special weapons. Bridge Doesn't do Zalure as good as Glide, doesnt do TP reduction as good as PW, Status effects you, there is no reason to melee with it (even though i have 50hit just cause i can). So anything it does, other weapons do just as well if not better.

If I did not have a Bridge and had PGF I would be more interested to get one with the aforementioned abilities, because lets face it. Combo enables DF and DM are just unfair, overpowered, and AWESOME. Bridge.... looks really cool and has useful abilities?

Wow. I could not agree more. :) Nice suggestions. The only thing I would suggest adding to #1 is having v801 built in so you can use support techs faster. (Though I would prefer #3).

I did earn a pgf. I do have hunter, ranger, and force. There is no way I would ever make a dark bridge over the other weaps unless some of these suggestions were implemented.

Edited by kajex
  • Like 1

all of that is perfect but the special, since i think its best just to use the anti for itselve that using special, for special i would say the divine punishment so it wouldnt be a support weapon only.

The only issue with adding divine punishment to DB is that divine punishment is a special that is locked only to certain items if I remember correctly. Those items would be HP and MM if so. So in that case adding that special to it would not be possible

The only issue with adding divine punishment to DB is that divine punishment is a special that is locked only to certain items if I remember correctly. Those items would be HP and MM if so. So in that case adding that special to it would not be possible

Also Heaven striker, I say everything is possible, but it would take time and effort to code. ( more focus on bugs atm)

Changing stats and regular specials is easier though.

Wow. I could not agree more. :) Nice suggestions. The only thing I would suggest adding to #1 is having v801 built in so you can use support techs faster. (Though I would prefer #3).

I did earn a pgf. I do have hunter, ranger, and force. There is no way I would ever make a dark bridge over the other weaps unless some of these suggestions were implemented.

You should have v801 equipped anyway ;)

Also Heaven striker, I say everything is possible, but it would take time and effort to code. ( more focus on bugs atm)

Changing stats and regular specials is easier though.

Your right it probably is possible but we would have to change the code for the special itself.

Sorry forgot HS lol

then again..... wish dark flow weren't so elite.

its like once you get it you never let go of it.... and theres no reason for you to switch weapons ever..

(with the exception of TJS).

Only thing with DF is yes it has power and anyone can run around and swing it. But its true power comes from its special...and that special is probably the hardest thing to learn to use in the game. You can't just randomly spam it or you will die xD

I think our main point is that DB is good but it can be easily replaced with a few force weps. We want to make it worth the pgf we're spending on it. No other force wep has Divine Punishment, and it's extremely useful for forces. And since we're making this wep more useful for spellcasters/support FO we might as well take off the atp bonus and add some suggestions from other ppl, like a built in v801, or strong tech boosts. In my opinion just a few power-ups are fine as long as they're good useful ones.