New Item Ideas for Triforce event?

Legion

On 1/29/2021 at 4:59 AM, C01D1 said:

Ice Rod (Snow Queen equiv prob hand gun range) Mirrior Shield (high elemental resistance with RR stats however a -200 EVP yadda yadda). Bow of Light (piercing holy ray equivalent) special TJS. I am sure I could think of more. 

That would be sweet 

The Megaton Hammer - Reskin of the Victor Axe. special attack berserk. 

The Hook Shot - Handgun Unreduced Stun

The Long Shot - Rifle Unreduced Stun

Magic Mirror - Gives Humans Android properties (trap vision, resistance to certain negative effects) but uses a unit slot. 

Fairy in a bottle/Bottle of milk/Health potion - unit greatly increases recovery over time. 

Golden Skulltella - mag 

Majora's Mask - costume

Bigorrans Sword - Sword  - High stats no special

Tempered Blade - Saber increase power of foie, rafoie, gifoie

Big Poe - Mag

Underwater Boots - High defense low evasion

Red tunic - Armor high heat resistance 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, smoe said:

The Hook Shot - Handgun Unreduced Stun

The Long Shot - Rifle Unreduced Stun

Magic Mirror - Gives Humans Android properties (trap vision, resistance to certain negative effects) but uses a unit slot. 

Fairy in a bottle/Bottle of milk/Health potion - unit greatly increases recovery over time. 

Golden Skulltella - mag 

Majora's Mask - costume

Tempered Blade - Saber increase power of foie, rafoie, gifoie

Big Poe - Mag

Underwater Boots - High defense low evasion

Red tunic - Armor high heat resistance 

Nice I'm liking these 

:D

2 hours ago, smoe said:

There's the Magical Hammer, though :onion-head22: (design Is different, though)

2 hours ago, smoe said:

I'm not sure about this one, (It would be cool, Indeed x3) since there Is already the Master Sword, and If we apply the game's logic, Bigoron Sword Is stronger than Master Sword, and Master Sword Is currently the third strongest sword (well, second place If Tsumikiri J-Sword Is out of the equation), so the Bigoron, if stronger than Master Sword, then It's gotta be as close to as strong as Tsumikiri J-Sword, and worst case possible, It will be a harder drop than Master Sword, which Is already a really really hard drop, not many people got one In previous triforce event :onion-head57: (something like more or less 4 masters swords Dx )

19 minutes ago, Kotta said:

Bigoron, if stronger than Master Sword, then It's gotta be as close to as strong as Tsumikiri J-Sword, and worst case possible, It will be a harder drop than Master Sword, which Is already a really really hard drop,

Just make it super strong and combo lock it. Give it partisan animation and 15 enemy targets. Would be a cool toy, but not really good for many scenarios. Also like the idea of having to collect like 10 different items and then once you get all ten, trading them to a GM to get the sword. (Also the GM has to show up as a giant fat, brown RAcast that looks kinda like a goron).

And I've had the idea for mirror shield in my notes app for months now, just never got around to posting in the "ideas to improve the server" thread. I think a barrier that has 50 resists to every element would open up many characters to different plsystyles and equips. HUney and HUcass could use Sues coat in ep2. Kroes sweater would actually be viable. Sweetheart, Sam armor, godricks, etc. STA Would still be ideal but an item like this allows more freedom for players in their equips, which I think everyone likes. The drop could be just as hard as an STA (or even harder for all I care), and there's already a barrier that kind of looks like a mirror shield. I never got around to posting cause I could remember the name of it 🤣🤦🏼

I think it's possible that this was the intention for ganon shield, but it's just *slightly* inadequate in terms of resists and stats for this purpose

Edited by jdhenry124
  • Like 1

I'm a bit late to this, but Ultima does not need any new items for a long time. Definitely not until all the current items are working as intended or reworked to a playable form. Even then Ultima has so many items that pretty much fill nearly all combat niches you could image. Improving upon that would only lead to even more power creep for worse game play. 

1 hour ago, Saber +7 said:

I'm a bit late to this, but Ultima does not need any new items for a long time. Definitely not until all the current items are working as intended or reworked to a playable form. Even then Ultima has so many items that pretty much fill nearly all combat niches you could image. Improving upon that would only lead to even more power creep for worse game play. 

"Hey I know I'm late to this, but I saw that you guys were having fun and I wanted to put a stop to that immediately"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/19/2021 at 11:15 PM, Saber +7 said:

I'm a bit late to this, but hucast gets me real hard and I'd like to maintain that.

Yes. Everyone must play like willy because thats the only way to play. Clearly no one has every tried to point out other ways that the game could be improved to provide more playability to other classes ever. Never happened. 

"Power creep" = encroachment on hucast silly overpower status 

but serene swan is ok. 

• Like 2

On 2/20/2021 at 12:15 AM, Saber +7 said:

Not going to lie, I highly disagree with not adding any new kind of weapon to PSO, if anything adding something new gives this game a breath of fresh air and makes people excited to hunt a new item. It doesn't even have to be a weapon, it can be something simple as a combiner item or a new armor or shield.

Also a cool idea for a weapon would be the power bracelets from wind waker! Im not exactly sure how it would work but hey the bracelets look cool lol

Edited by SanicTeam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, SanicTeam said:

Not going to lie, I highly disagree with not adding any new kind of weapon to PSO, if anything adding something new gives this game a breath of fresh air and makes people excited to hunt a new item. It doesn't even have to be a weapon, it can be something simple as a combiner item or a new armor or shield.

Also a cool idea for a weapon would be the power bracelets from wind waker! Im not exactly sure how it would work but hey the bracelets look cool lol

This is mostly all opinion so obviously I can't refute it and you're welcome to feel how you please, but I would like to add some "sense" to this. You can absolutely add items for a "breath of fresh air", but what happens when they're not actually good or have little to no purpose? Is that really a breath of fresh air or is it adding to an already large amount of items that never see the light of day? The only sensical "fix" to that is to make the items have a use or a purpose. If you follow that trend long enough it will lead to power creep. There's already a good bunch of examples of that on Ultima that if the trend kept going it could easily wind up where we're playing meme PSO like Destiny with shit like the link below. While it's totally possible to find that "game play" fun I really think it takes away from the experience that PSO is and is supposed to be. Anyway, I stand firm on the point that Ultima doesn't need any new items for quite some time as not all the currently released ones are working properly, nor do most items see the full potential of their use yet because people don't practice with them, and to avoid unnecessary power creep.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

Is that really a breath of fresh air or is it adding to an already large amount of items that never see the light of day? The only sensical "fix" to that is to make the items have a use or a purpose. If you follow that trend long enough it will lead to power creep

The OP was about a mag skin. Most of the suggestions have been aesthetic items. I suggested a combo locked sword with a fun item collection requirement. And a weaker version of an STA that would open the possibility of varying equip setups for ep2 quests.

When people ask for new items they aren't trying to break the game, they just want something to hunt. Idk why you automatically assume every time people make suggestions on new items (or suggest any changes) you think it's because we want the game to be easier. (This elitist attitude towards other that play the game -"they want new items, it must be because they suck at the game"- is what rubs people the wrong way btw) We just want more to do. Every anniversary event people hunt d-photon core even tho the mag isn't even that good. People hunt NYCs every Christmas even tho they don't even know what they're going to be good for. People like hunting things

Some of us enjoy playing the game as it was designed, a loot-based dungeon-crawler. And don't care about the time-attack meta game that you are obsessed with. It's also annoying to have a GM that seemingly only checks in to shit on other people's posts. Let people enjoy things. Let the community have fun. Most of us know that there aren't going to be any new gear added that's going to be stronger than the items already available, and most of us don't want that. We just want more hunts we can do with our friends, and new reasons to play one of our favorite games. Not all of us are motivated just by posting new times on a internet forum

Edited by jdhenry124
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, jdhenry124 said:

The OP was about a mag skin. Most of the suggestions have been aesthetic items. I suggested a combo locked sword with a fun item collection requirement. And a weaker version of an STA that would open the possibility of varying equip setups for ep2 quests.

When people ask for new items they aren't trying to break the game, they just want something to hunt. Idk why you automatically assume every time people make suggestions on new items (or suggest any changes) you think it's because we want the game to be easier. (This elitist attitude towards other that play the game -"they want new items, it must be because they suck at the game"- is what rubs people the wrong way btw) We just want more to do. Every anniversary event people hunt d-photon core even tho the mag isn't even that good. People hunt NYCs every Christmas even tho they don't even know what they're going to be good for. People like hunting things

Some of us enjoy playing the game as it was designed, a loot-based dungeon-crawler. And don't care about the time-attack meta game that you are obsessed with. It's also annoying to have a GM that seemingly only checks in to shit on other people's posts. Let people enjoy things. Let the community have fun. Most of us know that there aren't going to be any new gear added that's going to be stronger than the items already available, and most of us don't want that. We just want more hunts we can do with our friends, and new reasons to play one of our favorite games. Not all of us are motivated just by posting new times on a internet forum

@jdhenry124 Pretty much yeah, couldnt have said it any better. Adding something completely broken and OP would definitely break this games cycle of weaponry, but really all I want are new alternatives for different classes and what not, it doesnt even have to match up to being as good as an awesome weapon like DM or DF, I just want something thats a useable alternative thats interesting and fun to hunt with friends. Even the simpler things like more chao mag skins would be nice, ironically destiny also made something like that as of seeing that video saber posted, i had no idea that was a thing lol

Edited by SanicTeam

Not gonna lie...that weapon that Saber posted sure looks pretty. Kinda confusing on how it works though. I don't see any hit points each time it lands, but it has berzerk attribute. 

23 minutes ago, jdhenry124 said:

Leave it to saber to encourage people to leave and play elsewhere

Not sure if you're a wrestling fan, but this reminds me of when Nitro tried to spoil RAW tapings during the Monday Night Wars and inadvertently caused the momentum shift in viewership.