I'd love to help develop some stuff

Funplayer

Is self-modifying code still considered bad practice nowadays? I used it "back in the day" in Z80 assembler, maybe it has a use here?

1 hour ago, El Socko said:

Is self-modifying code still considered bad practice nowadays? I used it "back in the day" in Z80 assembler, maybe it has a use here?

Probably.

Dynamic quest data could be cool. Some RNG never hurt anyone. Mutate it with some high level script in the server before its fed.

Could modify wave dataĀ sequentially to alter monsters in waves, or use it to fluctuate the rewards from certain quests. Possibly an event quest with some interesting chances for RNG rewards. I'm not bad with parsers, maybe I could help out.

Edited by Funplayer

14 minutes ago, Funplayer said:

Dynamic quest data could be cool. Some RNG never hurt anyone. Mutate it with some high level script in the server before its fed.

Could modify wave dataĀ sequentially to alter monsters in waves, or use it to fluctuate the rewards from certain quests. Possibly an event quest with some interesting chances for RNG rewards. I'm not bad with parsers, maybe I could help out.

Random rewards are already implemented in multiple quests. (Raid on Central Tower, CAL's Clock Challenge, Mine Offensive, etc.)

This sounds very sketchy to edit the quest data prior to sending it. Ā Anyway, random spawns are already doable through quest script. Ā You just design each random possibility and set them to different waves and spawn a random wave. Ā A little hard to do, but it works. Ā Anyway, it'd make it so the quest could only be used on this server. Ā I personally don't like the idea. Ā A lot of thought and time goes into mob positions and wave compositions.

Ā 

If you really are bored, I started a project to generate a mag feeding plan based on an end result that I never finished. Ā If you're interested in it PM me and I can get what I have to you when I get home. Ā It's just a Hill Climb search, but I haven't had the time to finish with the other stuff going on in my life.

21 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Random rewards are already implemented in multiple quests. (Raid on Central Tower, CAL's Clock Challenge, Mine Offensive, etc.)

This sounds very sketchy to edit the quest data prior to sending it. Ā Anyway, random spawns are already doable through quest script. Ā You just design each random possibility and set them to different waves and spawn a random wave. Ā A little hard to do, but it works. Ā Anyway, it'd make it so the quest could only be used on this server. Ā I personally don't like the idea. Ā A lot of thought and time goes into mob positions and wave compositions.

Sketchy...EHHH... I dunno what that means. It seems doable.Ā I examined the struct data, it doesn't seem very tough.

3 hours ago, Funplayer said:

Sketchy...EHHH... I dunno what that means. It seems doable.Ā I examined the struct data, it doesn't seem very tough.

I mean, people made the spawns for a reason.Ā  I know I wouldn't appreciate some randomizer messing with my quests.Ā  That said, if you made a quest specifically to use said randomizer, it would kinda be a waste since it can only be used on this server (supposing you implemented it here) when you can do it with existing technology (or you could crack c-mode and do it like that)

Ā 

Also.Ā Ā  Sketchy : "not thorough or detailed."Ā Ā  It's often used when describing something that doesn't sound like it'll work or is a good idea.

Edited by Lemon

1 hour ago, Lemon said:

I mean, people made the spawns for a reason.Ā  I know I wouldn't appreciate some randomizer messing with my quests.Ā  That said, if you made a quest specifically to use said randomizer, it would kinda be a waste since it can only be used on this server (supposing you implemented it here) when you can do it with existing technology (or you could crack c-mode and do it like that)

Ā 

Also.Ā Ā  Sketchy : "not thorough or detailed."Ā Ā  It's often used when describing something that doesn't sound like it'll work or is a good idea.

Ā 

More specifically, Sketchy implies that an idea has a high potential of going very badly, or that some situation is very likely to not be legitimate i.e. an email from a nigerian prince asking you for your banking info so he can 'save' his family's wealth from x/y/z, or a drug user requesting to meet up with a dealer in a one way back alley in the ghetto.

14 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

some situation is very likely to not be legitimate i.e. an email from a nigerian prince asking you for your banking info so he can 'save' his family's wealth from x/y/z

I just got one last month, and I don't get what you mean, that seems legit

16 minutes ago, R-78 said:

I just got one last month, and I don't get what you mean, that seems legit

I'm starting to get suspicious that so many people send me $3320

1 hour ago, orgodemir said:

Nice! Where'd you get this idea?

( Ķ”Ā° ĶœŹ– Ķ”Ā°)