Saw this and thought it could use a revival

I know many things here have already been done, but I still think there are some very nice ones that have just been left out that would be really amazing to have implemented here.

I think the changes to Rika's and Nei's claws would make some weapons that never get used much more interesting.

Guld milla for hucast/hucaseal would make those much more attractive, good atp and also a very useful special for casts.

Psycho ravens, I have several issues with, they are very overpowered. I mean they nearly make the female rangers and hunters feel useless, what comparable single target dps weapon does racaseal hucaseal and ramarl get? I know huney can use lindcray but can't remember if ramarl can or not. I can understand why some would oppose that idea though, because the weapon is just extremely strong(and too strong to give to characters who have less atp anyway?). All that aside, making it usable on fomar and fonewm would just be great for that class, I guess with lindcray it's not totally needed, but it it just looks so cool... 

State/maintenance don't need an explaination here, this would be a really good high end event drop. The same can prettymuch be achieved already even without it, still only needing to carry one cure-type unit would be nice, and it's been done before so maybe it wouldn't be hard to do(although the people that did it before might not be around/willing to give this info out)

Clio on hunewearl, has this been done yet? also another really easy change that would be helpful to that class.

Regarding arrest faust, I always thought it was meant for rangers but for hunters it would be cool. I think more interesting would be to make a slicer type weapon with similar stats to arrest needle, as well as arrest special. This is already a really nice s-rank but can not have hit or %s, I think as well as giving another good aoe weapon for hunters that doesn't require you to walk around at very low health. 

Some of this is mostly based on balance, although part is also that some variety would be nice to see. I feel like this server has really gone to racast or gtfo, especially when racast gets to use macho blades, okay, but hucast doesn't? I mean saith told me hucast doesn't get to be fancy, and yes, if the buffs were increased on this at some time in the future, it does give a major benefit to hucast given his really high atp. The same argument can also be made against racast, aside from having atp better than some hunters it also has very strong weapons that can hit nearly everything in a room, and don't require you to be at very low health. I just don't understand why one is given such a preference over the other, as the item is really not needed by either. Racast just seems to get a lot of preference when it comes to new items being added, while other classes fall behind in a larger and larger gap. I can really only mostly speak for hucaseal, because it is my main class, and with others it could just be that I don't know how to make best use of them yet. I would like to see all classes be competent in soloing, and two of the biggest slots I see empty here on hucaseal are a good atp mechgun, no dual birds is not that great, the range is nice but the atp is lacking and the special is useless, even maxed out(which is extremely expensive) it is not as good as psycho ravens with 0s. You can say charge vulcans, but go use charge vulcans with no high buffs and debuffs, they are really not that great, as well as missing attacks because of the high ata requirement to use the special and not being able to build pb from special attacks(except for df). I feel the same way about racaseal, really lacking decent mechs, but at least has guld milla(not much different from dual birds, but has a special that is actually useful on a cast). There is just no comparable item to PRs with these classes, and the higher atp weapons are given to characters with higher atp to begin with. The other is that I think a hunter counterpart to arrest needle would be nice, a launcher was suggested but I think a slicer would be nice. Similar to arrest needle before it was made an actual item it was a popular s-rank for rangers. Definately not going to be game breaking but would make a competent damage weapon, of a weapon that is really only used for it's special(would also be nice to release durring easter when  post is dropping).

I should note that I don't think the gm's are dropping the ball here, there has been a lot done recently to make classes much better, a more attainable high atp sword was a great thing for hunters, and the high ata and good special makes it all that much better. Macho blades are nice to have on racaseal given her fairly low atp and the cast demon reduction. Banana cannon was wonderful for forces, giving them ways to deal with bosses that were very difficult in the past, as well as nice ranged crowd control. Rage du glace is perfect for huney and humar who have very limited crowd control. I have just been thinking it would be nice for people to not say what they would like to see as weapons, but more where they find their classes lack the most, and while browsing around I happened to find a post that already brought up many things I've wanted to see already, and felt I should share it.

• Like 12

I want to carry on this conversation with forces. I was talking with RRR about this earlier in the day and the subject came up that my favorite force class is FOnewm. They are my favorite for many reasons, but ultimate the conversation just ended up with us both agreeing that the Force class can be summed up in 1 word: FOnewearl. 

But before I go into the main issue I have with Forces here, I want to explain that I completely understand that Battle Forces are super fun and powerful if you have the right gear with the right stats. RRR pointed out to me before we continued that a Slicer of Fanatic and Bringer's Rifle on Forces makes them so fun to use and I have to ultimately agree that these two weapons, while one is unused a lot *cough* Slicer of Fanatic *cough*, they make for an interesting and engaging style of Battle Force that cant be ignored. So here it is, while my main point focuses on regular Forces, Battle Forces are pretty good despite not having PR's (please give FOmars and FOnewm's PR's).

Anyways, beyond that my biggest complaint is that regular Forces who focus on spells and debuffing/buffing often suck a lot if they don't have high end event weapons. Sure, I get it, event weapons are supposed to be powerful and deserve to be that way, I get it. But ultimately Forces without those weapons are just bad. I understand that Pyscho Wand is easily obtainable and is a staple for Forces looking to nuke and be a support (which is awesome, great) but even with that, things like Fire Staff: Agni and Storm Wand: Indra, items that on any other server would be great to help make Forces powerful, are nigh useless because of the stat boost enemies have. To even be an effective Force at all you practically need Psycho Wand, Hylian Shield (Three Seals to a lesser extent), Glide Divine, and all the other permutations of event weapons/armors (Godric's cloak, Glide Divine 0.00, etc). Why can't we make good, high powered Force items readily available to Forces to hunt year round or at least make these items more available during all events. Why is Hylian Shield specifically limited to Triforce Event? I know that's one of the reasons the Triforce event even exists, but still. Why is it that the most powerful Force stuff on this server that is absolutely required to be a decent Force, forced (no pun intended) to be gotten only 1 time a year for 2 weeks?

Just a gripe I guess. Forcing is too difficult without these weapons and creates play styles where Forces are mostly just a buffing/debuffing bot and they dont do anything else. It's like, this is what a force does: Resta, Shifta/Deband, Jellen/Zalure, Reverser, Anti, and occasionally cast Megid/Grants. What a fucking bore.

• Like 1

Lots of good thoughts there. I'm very happy with the 3 characters I have (have especially been having fun on my two FOs lately since getting some decent weapons to actually play with instead of SDJZ/Resta and wait for next spawn) and love playing on Ultima, but it is definitely a bit disheartening to see that endgame here is pretty much ruled by people dual logging RAcast with sweet gear and a FO just for buffs. Even without the FO buffs and even without DM, RAcast has Macho Blades, IF and PR, which in my experience pretty much blow away what RAmarl can do solo without DM.

I'm not experienced enough with all the classes when considering Ultima boosts so I won't go into a ton of detail about items or changes I think would be good for balance. I will say that I think almost everyone will agree that State/Maintenance simply just needs to be a thing. A nice, high end item with a relatively difficult drop rate during an event. Would be so nice for FOs that have to pass on V801 (and/or V502) to equip 1-2 Cure/Units and would just be so useful overall as opposed to the hassle of having Cure Confuse/Shock/Freeze/Paralysis on hand for whatever the given quest is

• Like 1

Vol Opt Very Hard

It would be so cool to move Virus Shield to be a permanent drop for at least 1 ID. I suggest Very Hard because it's not the strongest shield. New players would appreciate it in Very Hard mode as they level. Either that or add it to mines offensive very hard after we fix the quest

Very well thought ; too bad nothing has been done in this way.

Rika's Claw - Boosts gi techs, but is not equippable by forces. GI boosts aren't as useful for non-forces. Modify this weapon to allow it to be used by all forces. This would be a much cooler weapon for boosting techs on fonewm and fomar since magical piece is so girly.

Very good idea too ; also I'd add that it should be found in very hard too for the same reason than above, OR let it in Ultimate but buff it drastically (something like 50 %, because anyway, it'll still be gi-tech so...)

• Centurion/Body - "A reinforcing unit for protective gear. Boosts DFP by 75 when equipped."
  • Centurion/HP - "A reinforcing unit for protective gear. Boosts HP by 125 when equipped."
  • Centurion/Legs - "A reinforcing unit for protective gear. Boosts EVP by 75 when equipped."

Still waiting for those =)
Also it'd be nice to buff up Centurion/Hp to 150-200 and remove the n00b/hp glitch since it's an aberration *carefully avoid tomatoes throwing*

Lavis Sword - Made with "Photon Amplifier" (unreleased) to extend range of Lavis Cannon

Definitely yes ! But... there is but, would be very nice if at the same time the damage of the energy wave was raised up at the same level than Raikiri/Orotiagito by example.
Also they're might be some complications with that one since Lavis Cannon already have an item transformer (syncesta).

Dual Excaliburs - Two excaliburs in a top-class weapon like mushashi and yamato.

Yes but it should then be Hucast and Hucaseal, because those poor humans are too weak to handle such a weapon... Since cast cannot use the Hundreds Souls special, it would make a very fine weapon. I'd keep Excalibur current ATP and special, but raise ATA up to 80 since it'll lose the 3 targets and POST buffs (and ofc makes it a Twin Saber weapon type).

Stealth Sword - Desperately needs more ata

That's so true. Given that it was a sword with unreduced demon's, I figured it'd be a useful weapon...but it is not, for it miss way to much (ofc I mean with max ATA + RR + 80 hit, but hell ! we should not even need all of this to at least connect one hit correctly)

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 1

and I lied, I will still leave my one specific item suggestion:

Allow RAmar/RAmarl to equip Banana Cannon, or add an upgrade to Cannon Rouge (Chromatic Sphere, POST, Soul Booster, whatever to upgrade) that is combo unlocked and has less ATP than CR, more in line with Iron Faust's ATP. As it is, without a DM, RAcast is just playing a different game than RAmarl/RAmar by having access to IF imo. Charge Arms/Baranz Launcher don't cut it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shong said:

and I lied, I will still leave my one specific item suggestion:

Allow RAmar/RAmarl to equip Banana Cannon, or add an upgrade to Cannon Rouge (Chromatic Sphere, POST, Soul Booster, whatever to upgrade) that is combo unlocked and has less ATP than CR, more in line with Iron Faust's ATP. As it is, without a DM, RAcast is just playing a different game than RAmarl/RAmar by having access to IF imo. Charge Arms/Baranz Launcher don't cut it.

While your idea isn't bad, I strongly disagree with the last part! I've used a sphered Baranz launcher set, and a maxed charge arms, and neither of them are slower than IF when it comes to plenty of things. IF is still better (infinite height, insanely high targeting limit, etc.), but neither of those are bad choices at all. I've ran 20ish minute RTs as RAmar/FOmarl, where the FOmarl was pure tech support and the RAmar had no DM or even maxed PRs. They did, however, have two really good Charge Arms, which took down the first three bosses not much slower than a DM or IF would.

Edited by Auli'i
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TripleR said:

Clio on hunewearl, has this been done yet?

Yes it has been done.

5 hours ago, TripleR said:

I know huney can use lindcray but can't remember if ramarl can or not

Can't.

28 minutes ago, Auli'i said:

While your idea isn't bad, I strongly disagree with the last part! I've used a sphered Baranz launcher set, and a maxed charge arms, and neither of them are slower than IF when it comes to plenty of things. IF is still better (infinite height, insanely high targeting limit, etc.), but neither of those are bad choices at all. I've ran 20ish minute RTs as RAmar/FOmarl, where the FOmarl was pure tech support and the RAmar had no DM or even maxed PRs. They did, however, have two really good Charge Arms, which took down the first three bosses not much slower than a DM or IF would.

Agree with you completely in general but as you mentioned, the infinite height and higher target limit for IF is a pretty big deal in that it just trivializes a number of boss fights

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, shong said:

Agree with you completely in general but as you mentioned, the infinite height and higher target limit for IF is a pretty big deal in that it just trivializes a number of boss fights

I mean, does it really matter? Just wait for dragon to land, just wait for gal to land. The target limit on IF for bosses isn't any higher, it only hits 5 spots as far as I know because of how boss hitboxes are set up. It MIGHT be able to do 6, but still. But IF can hit something silly like 30 boomas if you set it up right. Unless you're trying to TA stuff, the other two items work just fine. But if you're trying to TA stuff, IF won't even cut it for some things. You won't beat a DM time on Olga with an IF if first phase moves around at all. Just get stuff to death health with Charge Arms/Baranz, then use CR or something to knock it out of the air.

• Like 1

Also another thing, which I have brought up, and will continue to just bring up until the end of time... several unused mag slots in item pmt, that would be just excellent to have 3x invince at 50% to provide and alternative to always seeing the same damn mags

• Like 2