Magtimer bug

i was not sure if i shall report that or not but ill better do D:

i tested it last week a few times only one thing i forgot to test.. with comand /magtimer everything works fine. people can join normaly without pioneer stand screen , crashes or dcs..

but if im using comand /magtimer 2 room gets bugged and noone can join or its really hard to join ^^ midori told me on shout that my room is bugged so that means he tried to join room but i never got that message: "Midori is joining the game.."

and im not sure if every mag causes that or only ppp mags x:

but could that be fixed or isnt that possible? x:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Cyane said:

Were you inside of the room for too long?

na like a few mins.. started room called: ("CCA unlock") and used /magtimer 2

as i ve done second room of jungle i was wondering why noone joined

room was up for like 5-10 mins then i checked forum and wanted to shout if someone wants to help me unlocking cca ^^

then i saw that midori said that my room is bugged

and thats the weird thing cause i ve never got a freeze of a joining player.. but he had to try it, cause if not he couldnt say that the room is bugged :P

also reconized that some months before that /magtimer 2 is buggy (maybe cause of ppp mags idk) but would be nice if we can get fixed that D: cause i want to feed my mag and want that peeps can join D:

Further testing:

Letting it pop up and not removing it, anyone entering the room will be stuck on top view.

Removing the pop up and joining in again will still have the room broken to join.

For now better to use the alternative one's, mag timer 1 or 3, if you plan to have anyone joining the room until it's solved. I'll let soly know :3

Edited by Cyane
  • Like 2

I had this issue awhile ago to, opened a trade room , thought I'd feed a mag while waiting used mag time 2 and just sat there for ages thinking it was a slow night , then another night I tried to make a trade and while waiting again (never more then 2 mins from entering room) activated mag timer and the person ended up messaging me saying room was bugged so I remade and made trade as normal , I think me and nightmare talked about this in shoutbox after and some others had experienced this aswell . I now don't mag timer 2 in rooms : /

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, solo guy said:

I had this issue awhile ago to, opened a trade room , thought I'd feed a mag while waiting used mag time 2 and just sat there for ages thinking it was a slow night , then another night I tried to make a trade and while waiting again (never more then 2 mins from entering room) activated mag timer and the person ended up messaging me saying room was bugged so I remade and made trade as normal , I think me and nightmare talked about this in shoutbox after and some others had experienced this aswell . I now don't mag timer 2 in rooms : /

yeah.. cy tried it on her own and happenes to her too ^^ so i would be happy if that command would ged fixxed or removed x:

Yeah, I tried to join the room and was stuck at the screen where the telepipes show up, and then told Nightmare his room was bugged. That's cool you guys were able to figure out the /magtimer 2 command is causing it.

• Like 1

Due to this, I will be forced to remove all the messages that are sent in a window on the middle of the screen while in a dedicated lobby.
Tried just right now, and I don't know why but after the client receives the message window, it doesn't send the data it should be sending when other persons join the lobby.

So they will have to be banners and those messages to the side of the screen that don't have a window.

• Like 1

The problem with that, is that such thing requires client modifications (aka DLL) and doing so will make pretty hard to maintain "synced" my server rewrite for the public and for Ultima so, no, banners or windowless messages :)

• Like 1