How to make a 0 def mag

TripleR

Okay so I think after doing this 5 times I am pretty sure I have it down. First you will need a level 0 mag from Power Plant Plight quest, you will also need to be able to dual log, or have a friend in room with you, I think it could be important that both characters enter the room at the same time, and also a stable connection will help a lot. Feed antidotes until it is level 8, and only 1 antidote left to hit level 10. At this point you must USE TRADE WINDOW to pass mag to the other player, why it works this way I have no idea, but after trying this out all week this was the only way I could make it work. Wait the time and feed the one last antidote, and then some antipara for good measure. I don't think antipara is needed, but it does make me feel safer. I think listening to 80s pop may also help with this.

This is how it should look before trade

image.png

This is what you should end up with

pso131138432281034113.jpg

Now as far as I know not all stat sets are possible with these mags, some you just simply can't do, so don't expect mags like what you get from events. That said, I do know racast, and the majority of max stat mags can be done.

Also, again, I have no idea why this works, maybe it doesn't work for you, but it has been repeatedly working for me.

Edited by Justin Noble
Figured I'd throw in some pictures
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I haven't hit the lowest amount of dex yet, maybe. I don't know exactly how I do it though, I only realised it could be possible, after someone asked me to make a 15/185/0/0 mag, and how few points of def are gained between level 35-50 feeding only dimates. but as far as getting to level 35 with lowest dex, could very well be 15. I don't really do any math on this stuff, or even keep track of what I feed them, I have too many other mags to feed and it would slow me down to write it all up. 

I guess just feed monomates to 10, antidotes to until 14 or 15 dex, then dimates to level 50? has to be done on hunter or force. I can't even garuntee that will work though honestly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justin Noble said:

I think listening to 80s pop may also help with this.

I often do this when I hunt. But in your case with the Mags, it's related to your bird. It just grabs that Def, flies away and drops it somewhere far away from your home.

• Like 2

So when you feed it antidotes to level 10, do you just feed it right to 10 or do you feed it 1 or 3 then drop/trade to manipulate the odd number of defense on the mag?

EDIT: Nevermind I tried it out for myself, although i think if you drop it after each antidot the def comes out way lower... much more tedious to feed but hey :P

Edited by Carsomyr

• 2 years later...
39 minutes ago, Kalira said:

I have an issue with seeing the pictures in the thread - so I can't see the guide?

Feed 19 antidotes. Trade window the mag to the character you want to give the mag blast at level 10. Feed 1 antidote with that character and it will become level 10 with the stats 0/2/8/0. I then feed 4 antiparalysis to lower the defense bar and then antidotes to level 35.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Sorry for necroing but the reason why this works is because of how mags deal with items. To go from one level to the next, mags need to gain 100 units in a given stat. Each value can be either even or odd, but mags can only save EVEN values. While feeding a mag, if you feed it three items that give it +5, it will be at 15/100, but if you then trade, drop, or log off, that value will round down to the nearest even number. What is happening here is that antidotes give mags +5 DEF. By feeding it 19 times, it has 95/100, but then trading it makes it go to 94/100, allowing the last antidote to bring it to 99/100, narrowly avoiding leveling up DEF. The same thing could be accomplished by banking, dropping, or lobbying.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 7:05 AM, Smoochum said:

Sorry for necroing but the reason why this works is because of how mags deal with items. To go from one level to the next, mags need to gain 100 units in a given stat. Each value can be either even or odd, but mags can only save EVEN values. While feeding a mag, if you feed it three items that give it +5, it will be at 15/100, but if you then trade, drop, or log off, that value will round down to the nearest even number. What is happening here is that antidotes give mags +5 DEF. By feeding it 19 times, it has 95/100, but then trading it makes it go to 94/100, allowing the last antidote to bring it to 99/100, narrowly avoiding leveling up DEF. The same thing could be accomplished by banking, dropping, or lobbying.

U.u, does that mean It can also work by just feeding It once, and then banking the mag? O_o [Because feeding It once Is just 5/100, and then reverts back to 4/100? :0]

Also.... that could explain why every time I log off an account, my mag stats (lvl 200)  goes back Into a value that was not left previously (since I tend to die, so synchro decrease and then feeding It to raise It back and such, only growing two bars that reach max bar [not sure If 99/100 or 100/100. Surely 99/100] and then reverting back to before being fed :/)

Edited by Kotta
Something passed to mind...

3 minutes ago, Kotta said:

U.u, does that mean It can also work by just feeding It once, and then banking the mag? O_o [Because feeding It once Is just 5/100, and then reverts back to 4/100? :0]

So it actually works slightly differently on the server. The bank trick does not work, sadly, and the lobby trick has some additional steps. If you feed to 5/100 and then you lobby and then you switch blocks, it will revert to 4/100. As JADE pointed out, if you just lobby each time, it will appear to work but when you eventually switch blocks, it will revert to what it "should have" been as that is what syncs the client with the server. 

Since this trick is very time consuming, I would not recommend it for long periods of feeding, but it can be useful if you need to do it only a handful of times (less than 20).

• Thanks 1