Monster Counting Tool

Lemon

Started working on this project again.  This new one is a little better.  It doesn't read quests that were designed prior to PSOBB, so that's the next step.

How to work it:

1. Extract the executable to the folder with your quests.
  2. Run the executable
  3. Open the output.csv table that will hold all monster counts for all BB quests in that folder and subfolders.
  4. Smile.    <---- required

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!KVBGwKrZ!w0zDSY8-LE-VQVFAFbkLJpvejVntsx6Ubdm7_OmOmmA

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Amazing, Lemon ;)

So don't drag more than 1 file in, it looks bad at the moment.  I may get around to fixing it later.

• 3 months later...

Eh, this is missing Slime and Dark Gunner, so if something pops up as 'Unknown' that's what it is. I'll put out an update when I get some time.

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2016 at 3:17 PM, Lemon said:

R-78 asked me if there was a better way than counting monsters by hand in qedit (Horrible experience), so I decided to make a tool for it.  Understand that this was made in two hours, so if it doesn't work amazing, post your bug and I may or may not find time to fix it.

How to work it:

1. Export monster floor data via that 'export floor data' button, and in the drop down specify monsters only.  Save that somewhere special.
  2. Drag and drop that file over MonsterCounter.exe
  3. Read results

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!fJJTHAaD!ZyWKyD_vzgKqolWp8YqrPDgbcVIuN9cThYflyTT2mjk

Source code

Reveal hidden contents

Cool man  Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Updated to a better(?) version!  This one reads .qst files directly, and will read all of them!  So drop this in the root of your server and it will produce a csv file of all the quest counts for your server!

Right now it doesn't read some quests.  I think that's because they are using a different header structure (because they're older).  I'll be fixing this next.

(ugly source code is included)

Download: https://mega.nz/#!KVBGwKrZ!w0zDSY8-LE-VQVFAFbkLJpvejVntsx6Ubdm7_OmOmmA

• Like 2

Haha this is a server tool, it wont do anything to the client.

• 4 months later...

i donmt makre quests, so i dont know where the quest folder is, that this goes into.

I would like to do a enemy count for all quests, and make a new post, as that ones from 2011, so helps appreciated.

On 10/5/2017 at 7:05 AM, O9B066 said:

i donmt makre quests, so i dont know where the quest folder is, that this goes into.

I would like to do a enemy count for all quests, and make a new post, as that ones from 2011, so helps appreciated.

I can do most of the quests, but some of the custom ones I don't have.  You'd have to have access to the server files to do it legit like though.

Hmm well it does csv right now.  I guess I could make it do html or json.  I couldn't figure out how to make it look nice so that's why I picked csv as a kind of db feel, though json would probably be better.  When I get a chance I can change it.

EDIT: output.csv Here's something to get you started.  This is just the stuff that came default with Aselia (back when I was testing it forever ago when it didn't have a name).

Edited by Lemon

I think the best route is JSON because that can be easily used by basically any programming language (relevant for us).

If you want some help with that, you can hit me up in discord but you shouldn't have too much trouble reading Json.Net docs.