Lost challenge mode times

Probably can't fix this but I had Ep 1 stages 1-8 completed, and also Ep 2 stages 1,3, & 5 completed.

Then when I beat Ep 1 stage 9 I got the S-rank but noticed I had no challenge title (Bu-El) in lobby.

Then after that I beat 2c4 and noticed all my times were wiped except 2c4.

pso1440811514.pngdidn't have pic of stage 8 completed

pso1441472432.png

pso1441557570.png

pso1441557819.png

and after

pso1441640987.png

pso1441640988.png

pso1441641323.png

Edited by currey26
  • Like 2

Yes, this happens right now... was supposed to be before but even that was broken

Challenge mode is missing few things, one of those being this, if you complete S-Rank it would not have the flag of getting s-rank hence you would be able to farm sranks pretty easily.

• Like 1

Well.. I think pso should not let you get more than 1 S-Rank, per episode (i wasn't there for the original so idk) since this data would be there. But it was never set (the flag) neither deleted (the data). So you could just complete any random stage and get a new s-rank.

For now, i'm afraid this will happen. so don't play both EPs at once until we get the new tethealla release which will have this implemented correctly.

Or until I move my ass and implement it myself for Ultima, at least some part of it to keep the times and reward flags (but this wont allow more than 1 reward per character per ep).

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

This happened to me too, but not in the same way. I completed both challenge mode and I had times saved. I redid a few stages after and I still had the times saved. But yesterday I d/ced in the middle of a 2c1 and after I relogged all my times were wiped (I had just redid a 2c3 before and it still had my times saved perfectly fine). I was trying to go for the a-rank and b-rank prizes, but now I have to redo all the stages all over again. I had ep 2 completed before I did ep 1 cmode, all the times were being saved up until the d/c yesterday. That wasn't the first time I d/ced in cmode before, and previous times I did not have my times wiped, but on this last d/c it wiped all my times from both episodes.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 1

Well.. the times wipe only happens when you receive an S-Rank reward so idk what happened there.

Edit:

If the next line is not true then don't even read the rest lol

You say you were going for A and B, but I guess you had S-Ranked before..

If you did S-Rank before then your times were set for S.

You did 2c3 so you completed the stage and you were rewarded.

The times wiped (they are not evident until you reload blocks).

After the dc you noticed it.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

Well.. the times wipe only happens when you receive an S-Rank reward so idk what happened there.

Edit:

If the next line is not true then don't even read the rest lol

You say you were going for A and B, but I guess you had S-Ranked before..

If you did S-Rank before then your times were set for S.

You did 2c3 so you completed the stage and you were rewarded.

The times wiped (they are not evident until you reload blocks).

After the dc you noticed it.

No soly, that's not what happened. 2c3 was not the first cmode stage I did after finishing, I had redone several stages over again after having completed but I was having issue and not getting arank and brank prizes (reported issue to cy since she was easy to reach), and I had times saved after all of them. It was ONLY after I d/ced that the times were wiped. It did not wipe after completing the cmodes, i had times saved for several days and I redid 3 stages after with times still saved. The d/c is when it wiped, no question about it.

• Like 1

Well.. did you complete those stages you said you re-did, before or after the ship restart, since that's when it started to happen.
I know you do, but did you reload blocks during that stuff?

...But yesterday I d/ced in the middle of a 2c1 and after I relogged all my times were wiped (I had just redid a 2c3 before and it still had my times saved perfectly fine)...

You said you had just redone 2c3, if not then what is "just redid"?

Edit:

This is in the ship log

[09-06-2015, 15:08] User 42102085 (-Saith ) received an item via S-Rank award / Challenge Mode. ItemID: 008400

From yesterday, almost exactly a day, is this character that got the times wiped? If this is the character, the above log is why.

Also, if you made S-Rank, you can Not do A or B as the times won't meet those rank requirements.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

Well.. did you complete those stages you said you re-did, before or after the ship restart, since that's when it started to happen.

I know you do, but did you reload blocks during that stuff?

You said you had just redone 2c3, if not then what is "just redid"?

Edit:

This is in the ship log

[09-06-2015, 15:08] User 42102085 (-Saith ) received an item via S-Rank award / Challenge Mode. ItemID: 008400

From yesterday, almost exactly a day, is this character that got the times wiped? If this is the character, the above log is why.

Also, if you made S-Rank, you can Not do A or B as the times won't meet those rank requirements.

Yes that is the character I've been doing c-mode on. I completed c-mode in both stages and got s-ranks. Completing any stage again afterwards with any time should reward a-rank prize then (any time becuase you don't need to improve your time any more, get a-rank prize because already received s-rank prize). Completing any stage a second time should then reward the b-rank prize similarly. That is what is supposed to happen, after you have s-rank time, you should get the a-rank and b-rank prizes from redoing stages again. However I was receiving another s-rank after redoing a stage, this apparently has been a known issue for at least two years.

There were many times working my way through c-mode where multiple people d/ced for some reason or other, but no issue of other times being lost happened. Several days before that log I had redid an ep 1 cmode stage (not sure which) and my times were all still saved. A day or two before that log I had redid 2c4 and my times were perfectly fine.

Then this happened:

1. That log was from me completing 2c3 (I can tell which because that item id was me making a Falcon Punch), I don't remember if I did a block reload after that stage (I probably did though).

2. Right afterwards I tried to do 2c1 and d/ced during it, which wiped all my times (I still had times when we started the 2c1, it showed me so when starting it).

3. Then after I logged back on we did another attempt at 2c1 again (I noticed immediately when we about to start the 2c1 that my times were suddenly missing), and after completing I had a single new time saved for only 2c1.

My times were saved for several days, through several redo of various stages, and it was only after I d/ced that the times were wiped. That may have been the first d/c in c-mode after the ship restarted though, but my times were still saved after redoing a stage and very probably having changed blocks before that d/c happened.

So what I said is what happened then? It's working as intended so far.

"My times were saved for several days, through several redo of various stages"

Yes because this is happening since the last server restart, when I put the code there.

For the other ranks (I stated in some other reply) I don't know how it works since I wasn't there for the original servers, but atm as you can see, if you already s-ranked you can't.

This has to be coded (which was already done in the next release of the server software, not here yet).

• 2 months later...

Well.. I think pso should not let you get more than 1 S-Rank, per episode (i wasn't there for the original so idk) since this data would be there. But it was never set (the flag) neither deleted (the data). So you could just complete any random stage and get a new s-rank.

For now, i'm afraid this will happen. so don't play both EPs at once until we get the new tethealla release which will have this implemented correctly.

Or until I move my ass and implement it myself for Ultima, at least some part of it to keep the times and reward flags (but this wont allow more than 1 reward per character per ep).

When challange mode was implemented by doberman, users were able to do what your saying soly, to just replay any stage and you will get another srank, users started to abuse this error.

so i ask choko and we added just a simple fix in the meantime it is just one simple liket that delete the data of the user so they dont cheat again.

so yeah at the moment it is how it's coded.