TYPE/weapons [An Overview]

Voodoo Kitty

//THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS SHOULD BE FINISHED SOON\\

OVERVIEW
Type weapons are weapons that are usually quest rewards, they are comparable to S-rank weapons in the sense that specials can be added and the standard Weapon model they use, except they cannot have custom names, but can have stat percentages, including hit.
Type weapons can be referred to as M-type weapons.
In a nutshell, these weapons are normal in appearance, nothing unique about them like a Rare, a Type/Saber looks just like a normal saber! The only notable difference at a glance is that the photon-blade parts are white, rather than the usual pattern of strength that non-Rare weapons have which are Green,Blue,Purple,Red,Yellow
XxMX5cB.png74Neixd.png7CECo56.pngJrtYEd1.pngR707TVK.png

8sMFGmp.png<<Type S-Rank>>lHNp7O5.png

Despite having the appearance of non rare weapons, they, when dropped, have a Red Box. However, some of them have special movesets. for example, the TypeRO/Sword looks like a Sword, but has the attack animations of a force's Rod.
Some TYPE/weapons are extremely valuable, like TypeME/Mechgun, but they are all worth a lot more with stats or specials that can be added through events or quests.

Here are some wise words from Saith :
"Type weapons are like S-rank lites, not in the sense that they can have specials added (most weapons with no special can have one added, and many s-rank specials are not possible on other weapons and are very different from regular specials), but more in the sense that s-rank weapons are very weak base atp with very high grind and requirements; type weapons also have low atp and high grind, but the grind and requirements are lower than for S-ranks. There are also several type weapons which do not have pso-world entries, and also some are not in the beak's cafe or beach laughter rewards list and I have no idea how else to get the other type weapons on Ultima. I really want a type bl/claw after having seen someone use it before."

NAMING STRUCTURE
It seems people, in the past, haven't fully understood why the weapons are named as they are (including myself), so I will explain the best I can.
TYPE**/*
**TwoLetters
*Weapon Name
Once you have broken down what makes up the name into these three parts, it makes more sense.
The two letters represent what the movest will be, for example SA is representative of Saber, so TypeSA/Saber has the standard Saber animations. Whereas, TypeSL/Saber has Slicer animations, because SL represents Slicer.
Here is a list of the TWO letters, and their respective meaning.

BLade (Dagger)
DSaber (Twin Saber)
GUn (Handgun)
HAlbert (Partisan)
JSword (J-sword/Katana)
KNuckle (Fist/Hand)
MEchgun (Mechgun)
RIfle (Rifle)
ROd (Rod)
SAber (Saber)
SHot (Shot/Shotgun)
SWord (Sword)
WAnd (Wand)
-EXCEPTION-
SS (Dual Sword/Dual Saber[ i.e Yamato] )

The weapon name placed after the two letters represents what the weapon model will be, for example TypeRO/Sword will have the moveset of a Rod but have the weapon model of a Sword.

List of TYPE/Weapons (click to open)

:swo: TypeBL / Blade ::
:swo: TypeDS / D.Saber ::
:swo: TypeJS / J-sword ::
:swo: TypeJS / Saber ::
:swo: TypeKN / Blade ::
:swo: TypeKN / Claw ::
:swo: TypeHA / Halbert ::
:swo: TypeN-SL / Claw ::
:swo: TypeN-SL / Slicer ::
:swo: TypeRO / Halbert ::
:swo: TypeRO / Sword ::
:swo: TypeSA / Saber ::
:swo: TypeSS / Swords ::
:swo: TypeSW / J-sword ::
:swo: TypeSW / Sword ::

:gun: TypeGU / Handgun ::
:gun: TypeGU / Mechgun ::
:gun: TypeME / Mechgun ::
:gun: TypeRI / Rifle ::
:gun: TypeSH / Shot ::

:can: TypeDS / Rod ::
:can: TypeDS / Wand ::
:can: TypeHA / Rod ::
:can: TypeRO / Rod ::
:can: TypeWA / Wand::

Screenshots (clickt o open)

THIS WILL BE ORGANIZED AND UPDATED
9LvmPRi.png
9sxh8Cj.png

Edited by Voodoo Kitty
  • Like 8

Wilson, while thats helpful, this guide is different, it will provide more information, simplify it and refine it, not only that, but it will make it easier for people much less savvy with links and the internet, who play this game (which they do) to understand these weapons and their use.

Thank you so much for posting this. I'm mainly a force player, but have been trying to slowly branch out to RA's and HU's. And when it comes to topics like these, I'm downright clueless.

I'm really looking forward to future updates with this topic. Can you possibly add which quests give you these types of weapons? I think that would be super helpful as well, to many players, me included!

• Like 2

Thank you so much for posting this. I'm mainly a force player, but have been trying to slowly branch out to RA's and HU's. And when it comes to topics like these, I'm downright clueless.

I'm really looking forward to future updates with this topic. Can you possibly add which quests give you these types of weapons? I think that would be super helpful as well, to many players, me included!

Ive thought about it, but the truth is, i dont even know myself. For the most part, the quests are broken, and the one that works, is all in Japanese...

Im working on something else though, that may make some of them easier to obtain... Save players the trouble of running some blind and wild goose chase. Thanks for the suggestion.

We will see what happens!

Edited by Voodoo Kitty
  • Like 2

Ive thought about it, but the truth is, i dont even know myself. For the most part, the quests are broken, and the one that works, is all in Japanese...

Im working on something else though, that may make some of them easier to obtain... Save players the trouble of running some blind and wild goose chase. Thanks for the suggestion.

We will see what happens!

That's perfectly understandable. Thanks for keeping this in mind! ^_^

Type weapons are like s-rank lites, not in the sense that they can have specials added (most weapons with no special can have one added, and many s-rank specials are not possible on other weapons and are very different from regular specials), but more in the sense that s-rank weapons are very weak base atp with very high grind and requirements; type weapons also have low atp and high grind, but the grind and requirements are lower than for sranks. Also, the N-SL prefix is something that is only mentioned in pso-world and in guides; in game the weapon just has a SL and no N- in the name i.e. Type SL/Claw. There are also several type weapons which do not have pso-world entries, and also some are not in the beak's cafe or beach laughter rewards list (the two links posted earlier are guides for how to get from there, also the beach laughter method supposedly is broken) and I have no idea how else to get the other type weapons on ultima besides those two methods. I really want a type bl/claw after having seen someone use it before.

• Like 2

Type weapons are like s-rank lites, not in the sense that they can have specials added (most weapons with no special can have one added, and many s-rank specials are not possible on other weapons and are very different from regular specials), but more in the sense that s-rank weapons are very weak base atp with very high grind and requirements; type weapons also have low atp and high grind, but the grind and requirements are lower than for sranks. Also, the N-SL prefix is something that is only mentioned in pso-world and in guides; in game the weapon just has a SL and no N- in the name i.e. Type SL/Claw. There are also several type weapons which do not have pso-world entries, and also some are not in the beak's cafe or beach laughter rewards list (the two links posted earlier are guides for how to get from there, also the beach laughter method supposedly is broken) and I have no idea how else to get the other type weapons on ultima besides those two methods. I really want a type bl/claw after having seen someone use it before.

See Wilson, this is helpful