Ultima Server Differenes

Alright, I am thinking about coming to this server full-time (been trying it out). I have obviously noticed the increase in EXP and rare monsters. I am also aware of the different level requirements for difficulties, and the harder Ultimate mode. But I want to make sure I am aware of ALL the things that are unique to this server. Are there uber server-made weapons (I find those boring). Are there any crazy restrictions that I should know about? Are there any other changes to Ultimate mode that I should know about? There is an increase in drop rates right?

• Like 1

Ubers like Dark weapons and such don't really exist, generally they fall similar to things such as 100 Souls (Similar to Excal with a different special) and Arrest Needle (spread needle but stronger with more reliable paralysis). There are no uber weapons like Rainbow on SCHThack with the exception of Psycho Bridge (stronger Dark Bridge) except the resistances to ultimate enemies make even that a little bit underpowered. Things you should know: Maximum stats to characters have been increased (Exact stats I'm not 100% sure of). Drop rates are all put into a drop chart list that can be found here:

http://phantasystaronline.net/droptable.php

Unlike SCHThack, PGF is only available to hunt over christmas rather than year round, although our christmas event tends to last several weeks. GMs occasionally host mini events that can trade PDs or other items for specials on weapons including all Yasminkov, Type, and S-Rank weapons. Donations (done in the form of Donation Tickets) can be used for trading, redeeming items, adding stats to weapons, etc. etc.

We also generally have more events in the game, such as Triforce and Anniversary events. Certain weapons are also combo locked (Master Raven, L&K 38, Snow Queen, etc.) that you may not have had locked on SCHThack.

This particular server also occasionally (every few days as of late) partakes in events known as Happy Hours, where for three hours, all rare drop rates are trippled. Others can post if I missed something big, but that's most of what I can think of.

• Like 1

Awesome thanks for the response! So when you say "combo locked" I assume you mean weapons like the L&K 38 do NOT have a combo (I believe they aren't supposed to). I know Schthack had a combo on L&K 38 and made them OP. Also, Im gonna take a look to find the Max Stats increase. I am pretty curious about this....

Edited by Cecil88
  • Like 1

Awesome thanks for the response! So when you say "combo locked" I assume you mean weapons like the L&K 38 do NOT have a combo (I believe they aren't supposed to). I know Schthack had a combo on L&K 38 and made them OP. Also, Im gonna take a look to find the Max Stats increase. I am pretty curious about this....

Yes, combo locked means no combo. Also, keep in mind that with rares increased, units like god/power and heavenly/power are a LOT more common. Weapons like Sange and Demolition Comet are also the same way. Generally, if you don't KNOW a price, ask around. I'd hate to see someone get lowballed around here. By the way! Welcome to Ultima!

Ubers like Dark weapons and such don't really exist, generally they fall similar to things such as 100 Souls (Similar to Excal with a different special) and Arrest Needle (spread needle but stronger with more reliable paralysis). There are no uber weapons like Rainbow on SCHThack with the exception of Psycho Bridge (stronger Dark Bridge) except the resistances to ultimate enemies make even that a little bit underpowered. Things you should know: Maximum stats to characters have been increased (Exact stats I'm not 100% sure of). Drop rates are all put into a drop chart list that can be found here:

http://phantasystaronline.net/droptable.php

Unlike SCHThack, PGF is only available to hunt over christmas rather than year round, although our christmas event tends to last several weeks. GMs occasionally host mini events that can trade PDs or other items for specials on weapons including all Yasminkov, Type, and S-Rank weapons. Donations (done in the form of Donation Tickets) can be used for trading, redeeming items, adding stats to weapons, etc. etc.

We also generally have more events in the game, such as Triforce and Anniversary events. Certain weapons are also combo locked (Master Raven, L&K 38, Snow Queen, etc.) that you may not have had locked on SCHThack.

This particular server also occasionally (every few days as of late) partakes in events known as Happy Hours, where for three hours, all rare drop rates are trippled. Others can post if I missed something big, but that's most of what I can think of.

Just curious, what do you mean dark weapons don't really exist?

Just curious, what do you mean dark weapons don't really exist?

Oh, I meant server added weapons don't really hit quite the strength of dark weapons. Sorry, I worded that wrong, thanks for calling me out on that x.x

Most of the regular weapons are vanilla with a few exceptions like a small girasole buff(up to 650 atp and +20 grind), iron faust unlock, mother garb+ for all forces, etc; a good link to check out some changes and server items is this one here: http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/10353-psobb-item-effect-ie/

The max stats for all characters is increased by +100 atp, +100 mst, +100 dfp, +10 ata, +30 evp. This only affects max stats, it does not affect what a character naturally has at level 200. Also, material limits have not been increased, so it's actually a lot harder to max stats on characters on this server (check out http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/21971-official-max-stats-plan-thread/?p=118688for some guides if you want updated plans).

There's always something cool going on around here and it's relatively easy to level with the boosted exp (x3 up to level 160, x2 after, random x5 exp events for all players). Hope you enjoy playing here and welcome to the server.

A few other things... Much higher evp and resistances in ultimate, lots of server exclusive weapons, pgf and d core are December only, and master raven is combo locked. Girasole is a December event item and not in black paper's deal. Dark weapons are way overpowered compared to other servers (except dark bridge which sucks due to increased enemy resistances in ultimate). Also forces are really only good for dealing damage in episode 4 ultimate. They suck in 1 and 2.

Another thing is that, many srank weapons are way less usefull here cause of high monster evp (the buff is quite big expecially in ep2), but in this server you can add special to many weapons that doesn't have one, like ya9k, yas7, all type m weapons using 10 donation tickets. Another thing you can do with donation tickets, is adding hit to weapons and also adding other %s. Other than buying items from the donation list (most of times not worth it cause of high price) and buying things from other players ingame.

There's something else that users tent to forget and its related to the experience system.

Ultima years ago changed the TNL ( To next level). Basically it's the amount of experience point u need to level up. We changed the blue burst default to pso vr2.

At the end of your journey to level 200. You will acquire if I recall correctly like 3 million poist more than the regular blue burst version .

These a topic when I did the change back in the day with more details.

• Like 2

There's something else that users tent to forget and its related to the experience system.

Ultima years ago changed the TNL ( To next level). Basically it's the amount of experience point u need to level up. We changed the blue burst default to pso vr2.

At the end of your journey to level 200. You will acquire if I recall correctly like 3 million poist more than the regular blue burst version .

These a topic when I did the change back in the day with more details.

Around 2.4M but.. pretty near :P

This is a fresh Lv 199

SfPEhsF.jpg

Yea, it's not specifically the final level up that is changed soly. The experience table from gc/xbox ep 1 and 2 and BB maxes at 83,227,800. This server is on the dreamcast ver2 exp tables instead, which go up to 96,349,180 as larva said ('We changed the blue burst default to pso vr2'). It's actually a very different exp growth curve which is much less back-loaded than before (at level 100 where before it would be 2.33M but after it's 2.2M here exactly, by level 175 where before it would be 33.8M but after it is 50M here, and by 190 where before it would be 52M but after it is 75.2M here).

Edited by Fyrewolf5