Ramarl Advice.

So which weapons/armor/untis/shield should I be aiming for so I can actually help the parties I join and not just be a freeze bot.
I am noticing on ultimate I miss most of my attacks regardless of it being a special attack(Spread needle paralyze attack) or a light attack.
Im aiming to actually play this game often and very far into late game so I just want some help.
I did find a 40 hit OS so im planning on making a MM whenever I find a punisher -_- lol

Thanks again everyone!
IGN:Pixel

• Like 1

So which weapons/armor/untis/shield should I be aiming for so I can actually help the parties I join and not just be a freeze bot.

I am noticing on ultimate I miss most of my attacks regardless of it being a special attack(Spread needle paralyze attack) or a light attack.

Im aiming to actually play this game often and very far into late game so I just want some help.

I did find a 40 hit OS so im planning on making a MM whenever I find a punisher -_- lol

Thanks again everyone!

IGN:Pixel

well for starters what equips are you using now and what is your level?

Im level 111 I believe.
I have a frozen shooter(25 hit),Spread needle 0 hit,Ophelie seize 40 hit and a vivenne since I do no dmg to bosses with anything else (os does a little dmg too)
I cant remember my armor but its not great but it has 4 slots-I had no other units so im using v101 v502(status hit chance unit) and 2 H/Body -_-
Im slowly leveling my mag I have a 115 sato 45 dex 5 def and the rest Pow
with a photon regen shield.

Im level 111 I believe.

I have a frozen shooter(25 hit),Spread needle 0 hit,Ophelie seize 40 hit and a vivenne since I do no dmg to bosses with anything else (os does a little dmg too)

I cant remember my armor but its not great but it has 4 slots-I had no other units so im using v101 v502(status hit chance unit) and 2 H/Body -_-

Im slowly leveling my mag I have a 115 sato 45 dex 5 def and the rest Pow

with a photon regen shield.

alright well here is what I would do:

• try to get a cannon rogue. these things are cheap, 2-3 pd should be plenty to pick up a low stat off someone. this weapon will be your biggest damage dealer on the bosses until you can manage to get an arrest needle or dark meteor. hits the dragons/gryphons in the air and hits multiple targets on almost all bosses. you can also hit vol opt behind the screen with this.
  • replace the 2 h/body with 2 cent/ability. these arent too expensive either 5pd max, but you can also obtain them in bpd, or hunt them. they will add 30 to all stats except ata (2 to ata). this helps alot with luck and atp a bit too.
  • for armor get a 4 slot guard wave. this will be the best armor you can use until aura field. lieutenant mantle is also a great armor if you want to see traps. you will be ok with either of these.
  • as for shield see if you can find a honeycomb reflector. this shield has good dfp, and resists.
  • get a decent daylight scar for times when you can use berserk and deal out some high close up dmg.
  • also i would try to get some dual birds to use as mechs for the time being. or you can try your luck at restless lion and go for 50 hit charge gatlings.

your mag should do great for the time being, however if you want to max your ramarl stats later down the road you will need a 5/165/30/0 mag and adept. this is pretty much a basic list. none of this stuff is expensive so it shouldnt be hard to get. when you can afford it, get a bringers rifle too. hope this helps!

Edited by makaveli
  • Like 8

Wow maka I really do appreciate you taking the time to help me out with all this info :)
I will use this post as a reference and start trying to get those items.
I have a Vol opt shield in my bank just sitting there would that be good to use once I hit Lv.117
And I have Mantle and I think MAYBE guard wave but they dont have many slots. Would it be cost efficient to just get addslots or just find the armor with 4 slots already?
And how much do Addslots cost? lol Sorry for so many questions :P

Wow maka I really do appreciate you taking the time to help me out with all this info :)

I will use this post as a reference and start trying to get those items.

I have a Vol opt shield in my bank just sitting there would that be good to use once I hit Lv.117

And I have Mantle and I think MAYBE guard wave but they dont have many slots. Would it be cost efficient to just get addslots or just find the armor with 4 slots already?

And how much do Addslots cost? lol Sorry for so many questions :P

its all good, glad i could help. ya the vol opt shield would be good to use too since it adds 10 ata and has decent stats. if you need addslots some players will sell them to you 1pd for 4 however if you cant find anyone to do that then you can just hunt them using a nooby redria character on normal ep 2. maybe transfer your mag then do max attack 2. should be alot of lillies along with a room full of hildes in that quest. both the nar and hlideblues will drop the addslots for you.

I can also recommend a Baranz Launcher instead of a Cannon Rouge, however as an alternative it's a little more expensive and is only really useful for a charge special. Also, Hell Laser helps me a lot :3

Get power materials too. I believe a 5/165/30/0 mag would need 81 power mats. (Here's the max stat planning thread -- treat it like your bible.) Buy them or farm them yourself, just do what you can to get them. You'll do decent damage even with the equipment you already have. Also, don't underestimate the power of raw levels. The "survival curb" is much steeper in Ultimate mode than in Normal through V. Hard, so don't sweat it too hard if you don't feel like you're contributing yet.

My MM is my main damage dealer, so I'm biased to say yes, go get it. A Punisher can sell for about 10 PDs (I think). I'd like to say to hold off until you find an OS with good hit and good stats, but that's asking a lot -- in luck, and in price. For the time being, you can just buy a Punisher and use that 40-hit OS to tide you over until you can find/make something better. Even with blank stats, MM is still one of the strongest mechguns you can find.

alright well here is what I would do:

• try to get a cannon rogue. these things are cheap, 2-3 pd should be plenty to pick up a low stat off someone. this weapon will be your biggest damage dealer on the bosses until you can manage to get an arrest needle or dark meteor. hits the dragons/gryphons in the air and hits multiple targets on almost all bosses. you can also hit vol opt behind the screen with this.
  • replace the 2 h/body with 2 cent/ability. these arent too expensive either 5pd max, but you can also obtain them in bpd, or hunt them. they will add 30 to all stats except ata (2 to ata). this helps alot with luck and atp a bit too.
  • for armor get a 4 slot guard wave. this will be the best armor you can use until aura field. lieutenant mantle is also a great armor if you want to see traps. you will be ok with either of these.
  • as for shield see if you can find a honeycomb reflector. this shield has good dfp, and resists.
  • get a decent daylight scar for times when you can use berserk and deal out some high close up dmg.
  • also i would try to get some dual birds to use as mechs for the time being. or you can try your luck at restless lion and go for 50 hit charge gatlings.

your mag should do great for the time being, however if you want to max your ramarl stats later down the road you will need a 5/165/30/0 mag and adept. this is pretty much a basic list. none of this stuff is expensive so it shouldnt be hard to get. when you can afford it, get a bringers rifle too. hope this helps!

This deserves +rep for days lol good shit bro

• Like 2