Splitting Slimes

twin blaze special is gifoie, which may not always split them. what does always split them though is hitting them with the 3rd attack of a combo, so getting an untekked weapon and going special special normal (miss miss hit) will split slimes. i like to use an untekked sword or partisan for it personally.

• Like 2

I was lucky to get ahold of a rifle with an insta kill special ability. Whenever I see those goddamn slimes (or any other enemy I need to kill fast before they screw me over), I just whip out that weapon and spam the special ability until no more slimes.

But with twin blaze you can attempt to split more than one at a time.

That's why i said i like to use swords or partisans (a shot works too). You can attack multiple slimes with them, and they don't attack you as long as you are attacking them (even if you miss). Gifoie won't always split the slimes, other elements besides barta will randomly work or not work (confuse traps can also do that). 3rd attack hit and barta techs will consistently split a slime every time. Untekked shotgun is probably best, then you can instant damage trap on their spawnpoint to one hit kill them anywhere in the room afterwards, i just use swords because i'm using bacon sword to do it for lulz and switch to a gun after for the trapkill.

Edited by Fyrewolf5

Yep, what Saith said, Barta/Gibarta/Rabarta their ass! It's the most consistent way to get slimes to split and hopefully spawn a red one. The plus side is it will also temporarily immobilize the first one you've barta'ed if you're using Gibarta or Rabarta to allow you to get the max of three splits/spawns out of one slime.

*facepalm* Just noticed you are a cast, therefore you'll either have to rely on other teammates with the above techs or perhaps use a Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen or maybe even a Guilty Light. (if you're that hard up and can't get a FS of course haha) The techs will always do a better job though...

Edited by Trigunman